Churchill Polar Bear Families, Canada
- Our saving
- US $ 11,515
- +3 Destinations
- Canadian Shield
- See polar bears in their natural habitat
- Witness the inspiring aurora borealis
- Receive guidance from the locals
- Explore Wapusk National Park
- Age range
- 15 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- DragomirWritten on November 26, 20164.0 - GoodBeeeessttttt!!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- JOJillWritten on June 19, 20164.5 - ExcellentI have been fortunate to have Thomas as a leader on 2 tours, one to the polar bears and another in Botswana. He is a knowledgeable kind and thoughtful guide, not only in the country in which we are traveling but also with his photographic knowledge. He goes beyond the regular help of a guide and made both of these trips memorable. JillShow detailed ratings
- WWendyWritten on March 24, 20164.5 - ExcellentI have traveled with Thomas twice to Watchee to photograph the polar bear cubs and once to see the white Harp seal babies. I enjoyed all three immensely, Thomas was attentive to every detail and made sure we all got to Churchill, despite any challenge due to weather delays. During the workshops Thomas made sure everyone was set up to get the shots they wanted, and work on the post-processing. And he made sure we had fun even in 40 below temperatures, with no bears and airline delays due to storms. Each workshop is a unique experience, one I will repeat in the near future. Thanks Thomas.Show detailed ratings
- LHLawrenceWritten on March 15, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis is an exciting experience enhanced by the enthusiasm and skill which Thomas devotes to his clients. He is not only knowledgeable but kind and patient when instructing and treats his clients with respect. I would have no reservations about joining him on another trip after Watchee Lodge and Botswana. Lawrie HirstShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on February 24, 20164.5 - ExcellentFirst Thomas Kokta runs a great tour to Canada and is extremely helpful and knowledgeable in the field of wildlife. He is also great with helping people learning the skills of photography. A very complacent individual and just great to be around.Show detailed ratings
- CCarolWritten on February 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentI have travelled with Thomas/A Life of Travel to Churchill to see the baby polar bears and Botswana, both fantastic trips. I plan to go with him again this year to Bhutan. Thomas has travelled to all his destinations many times, so he is very knowledgeable about the area, people, etc. He knows the guides and knows exactly where to stay and the most interesting places to go and see. He has a great sense of humor and is a lot of fun. He is patient about answering all the questions when preparing for the trip-the ins and outs of what to take, wear, etc. Although they are technically photographic trips, Thomas welcomes any level, from point and shoots, to more professional camera equipment. Since he himself owns and uses different camera brands and types (Canon, Nikon, Sony), he is very knowledgeable on how each one works and the difference and is very helpful and patient with assisting everyone. He makes sure you are in the right spot and time to get the best photo. You can't go wrong by joining Thomas on one of his exciting journeys.Show detailed ratings
- DeborahWritten on February 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentThomas is a great photographer and fantastic guide. He is very generous with his time and knowledge.Show detailed ratings
- LBLynneWritten on February 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentGREAT trip!!!! I traveled with Thomas to see the polar bears in 2014 and 2015. The first trip was so amazing, I had to go again. I hope to repeat again in a few years. Thomas was very helpful with all arrangements. His knowledge of photography, equipment, computers was freely given and greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend the polar bear cub adventure!!!!!! I enjoyed the trips so much, I will be traveling with A Live of Travel and Thomas to Bhutan in 2016,Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, February 17, 2017: Arrive in Winnipeg
- Day 2, February 18, 2017: Arrive in Churchill
- Days 3 –10: Polar bear viewing in Wapusk National Park
- Day 11, February 28: Return to Churchill and Winnipeg
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
What are the procedures for visa processing?
Unfortunately TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sarah27th January 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Winnipeg.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this A Life of Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 June 2018 the full payment of $11,515 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $11515 for Churchill Polar Bear Families, Canada, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and A Life of Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for A Life of Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Winnipeg (Canada)
- 1,005 km
- Churchill (Canada)
- 124 km
- Wapusk National Park of Canada (Canada)
- 124 km
- Churchill (Canada)
- 1,005 km
- Winnipeg (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $11,515 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,400 tours in North America
- covered by 58 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Churchill Polar Bear Families, Canada via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Churchill Polar Bear Families, Canada