Highlights of the Deep South (from Charleston to New Orleans)
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 48:20:16
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Charleston and end in New Orleans! With the discovery tour Highlights of the Deep South (from Charleston to New Orleans), you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Charleston, USA and 5 other destinations in USA. Highlights of the Deep South (from Charleston to New Orleans) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JRJoanneWritten on September 1, 20175.0 - Excellentguide fantasticShow detailed ratings
- AMAnnWritten on October 23, 20142.5 - AverageThe transportation (allegedgly a 14 seater van but 13 was a real squeeze), is cramped, with poor vision for most of group. The one we had was a hire, and black, so the heat was exacerbated, and initially there was very difficult access to get into the van, until we indicated the difficulty, and the guide purchased a small stool. The company insists that everyone sign the agreement to wear seat belts, which I absolutely approve of, but they all cut into the neck because they are set high, and are really uncomfortable, as well as probably dangerous. The back seat is really cramped, and very stuffy because the van ventilation is not great.The guide had not done this tour before, and told us up front that she had limited knowledge of the area. The whole group became frustrated at the lack of daily advice on what the plan was for the day, and even though we discussed our concerns with her, it did not improve much. She had no microphone to communicate with, and any information she gave during the drive could not be heard past the second row of seats. The accomodation in New Orleans was very poor. The hotel is undergoing renovation, and the staff appear to be quite stressed. I had several failures for the key cards for the lift and the room. The guide was provided with a GPS but instead chose to use her i phone that she balanced on her leg as she drove. We went to some amazing places however, but the company needs to seriously look at transportation, and also ensure good quality staff. This was the last tour for the season, and we all got the impression that it was thrown together (hire van, CEO who had never done that tour before, etc). The company advertises small group travel, but there were 12 of us, plus the driver, and access to the van was really poor, and the days were often quite uncomfortable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Charleston
- Day 2 Charleston
- Day 3 Charleston/Savannah
- Day 4 Savannah/Atlanta
- Day 5 Atlanta/Nashville
- Day 6 Nashville/Memphis (1D)
- Day 7 Memphis/New Orleans
- Day 8 New Orleans (1B, 1L)
- Day 9 New Orleans
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gillian27th January 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Charleston is the starting point and New Orleans is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 June 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Highlights of the Deep South (from Charleston to New Orleans), but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,734 km.
- Charleston (USA)
- 134 km
- Savannah (USA)
- 359 km
- Atlanta (USA)
- 346 km
- Nashville (USA)
- 316 km
- Memphis (USA)
- 579 km
- New Orleans (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,400 tours in North America
- covered by 57 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of the Deep South (from Charleston to New Orleans)