- Our saving
- US $ 4,027
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Bungalow, Guesthouse
- Coach / Bus, Ship
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- KMKatelynWritten on December 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy tour was more than i could habe ever expected! So many amazing memories with so many amazing people, i chose the hostels and they all looked great and felt verh safe, out tour guide had so much info that really helped us get the most out of our trip! I will be back in a heart beat!Show detailed ratings
- CSCaiWritten on November 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was the best experience of my life - made awesome by the people and our tour leader SarahShow detailed ratings
- BBenWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentSarah was absolutely fantastic, she made the TopDeck group feel more like a family! Sarah has absolutely no flaws and has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the history of European countries and cities... Sarah goes above and beyond when it comes to pleasing those who are on her trip. The one thing that about Sarah that I absolutely adore is her energy and positivity. Sarah made my TopDeck unforgettable.Show detailed ratings
- LLillyWritten on November 6, 20174.0 - GoodTrip was good. Trip leader, sarah made it amazingShow detailed ratings
- AMAnnaWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentTopdeck included some of my favourite memories of 2017. The people that I met. The things that I saw. What I learnt. And all of the amazing opportunities that topdeck provides. Everything was just so easy from pick ups and drop offs. daily itinerary’s that allow you the freedom to do what you want to do whilst giving you information on the location, tips and tricks, safety info, and ideas for what to do. Our topdeck leader sarah became one of us. She bonded with our group so well looked after us, listened to us, understood us, and helped us with problems big or small. Honestly, the trip wouldn’t have been the same without her. whenever I talk to my friends about topdeck there is nothing I can say that would fully encompass what we all shared on those magical 27 days other than- “you have to experience it for yourself”. as an added bonus the people I met on topdeck and I all still talk and have continued to travel with each other!Show detailed ratings
- LMLachlanWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentSarah was an awesome trip leader and she made the trip so much fun for everybody evolved. She made sure that everything ran smoothly and most importantly that everyone enjoyed their time on the tripShow detailed ratings
- LLLucyWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentSarah was the most amazing leader anyone could ever ask for!! She was always enthusiastic, made everyone come together as a group and celebrate all day and night! She was there for hard times and always made sure everyone was ok. She was knowledgeable and delivered her facts about cities in a way that engaged everyone and leaving us wanting to know more. She is definitely part of the reason I had such an amazing topdeck experience and I’ve missed her bubbly output on life everyday since the tour finished. She made us a family and I never wanted our tour to end!Show detailed ratings
- IHIndiaWritten on November 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentSarah made the 27 day European explorer the best experience of my life. Her extensive knowledge of every where we went was amazing. Her personality and ability to ensure everyone had a great time was incredibleShow detailed ratings
- ESEuanWritten on November 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing and Sarah is the best tour leader in your employment and she made everything so easy for us and so enjoyable and was the bestShow detailed ratings
- HHughieWritten on November 6, 20174.0 - GoodBest topdeck leader! Made the effort all the time to make everything awesomeShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 4: Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps to French Riviera, France
- Day 6: French Riviera including Monaco visit
- Day 7: French Riviera to Florence, Italy
- Day 8: Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Rome
- Day 10: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 11: Rome to Sailing in Greece via Overnight Ferry
- Day 12: Sailing in Greece
- Day 13: Sailing in Greece
- Day 14: Sailing in Greece
- Day 15: Sailing in Greece to Venice, Italy via Overnight Ferry
- Day 16: Greece to Venice, Italy
- Day 17: Venice
- Day 18: Venice to Austrian Alps, Austria
- Day 19: Austrian Alps
- Day 20: Austrian Alps to Munich, Germany
- Day 21: Munich to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 22: Prague
- Day 23: Prague to Berlin, Germany
- Day 24: Berlin
- Day 25: Berlin to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 26: Amsterdam
- Day 27: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 16, 2016
Looking at doing a Contiki in Europe next year with a friend. We haven't traveled overseas before and just wanting to know what sort of budget we would need. Quite like the look of the European explorer!
Spending money is such a personal thing so it's quite difficult to say how much you'd need exactly- It really depends on which optional excursions you'd like to participate in, how much drinking and how much shopping you plan on doing.
A good place to start would be to have a look at the trip notes I've attached here, and think about which optional excursions you'd like to participate in.
To get your travel budgeting started on the right foot, we'd also like to offer you 5% off the total price of the tour when making your booking. You can enter this code into the payment section ( RES-bwrCR )
Please note, discount codes are not combinable. If you have any other questions about this amazing tour, please don't hesitate to ask- we're here to help :)
- September 1, 2016
We havent travelled overseas before and just wanted to know how much of a budget will we need?
Due to different peoples spending habits and budgets we can not really advise on how much.
A good place to start would be to have a look at the trip notes or get in contact with us and our customer support team for the amount of any additional charges and for other information.
- June 11, 2015
Can I join the tour in Paris?
Yes it is possible to join this tour in Paris, you will simply meet the group in the late afternoon at the joining point hotel in Paris. The price of the tour will not change, but you will not miss out on any of the Paris activities by selecting to join there. Please indicate at time of booking if you wish to join in Paris or London.
Guides who have led this tour
- "The greatest adventure yet! Guiding with Topdeck is a dream come true for me! I LOVE travel, lets be..."
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
- "Hi I am a trip leader at Topdeck. I decided to get into trip leading due to the perfect mix of travel..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
- "A few years ago I was finishing my bachelors degree dreaming of adventure. So the day after I graduated..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Daniel6th February 2018
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from London27 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to London0 seats leftSave $168USD $4,027
- WednesdayJul 11, 2018from London27 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $168USD $4,027Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from London27 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to London0 seats leftSave $168USD $4,027
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from London27 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to London0 seats leftSave $168USD $4,027
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from London27 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to London0 seats leftSave $168USD $4,027
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from London27 DaysMondayAug 20, 2018to London0 seats leftSave $168USD $4,027
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from London27 DaysThursdayAug 1, 2019to London10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $188USD $4,511
- WednesdayJul 10, 2019from London27 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to London10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $188USD $4,511
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from London27 DaysThursdayAug 8, 2019to London10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $188USD $4,511
- WednesdayJul 17, 2019from London27 DaysMondayAug 12, 2019to London10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $188USD $4,511
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Italy , Greece , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for European Explorer.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 June 2018 the full payment of $4,027 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4027 for European Explorer, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 326 km
- Nice (France)
- 321 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 669 km
- Corfu (Greece)
- 41 km
- Plataria (Greece)
- 932 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 209 km
- Tyrol (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,027 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 46 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Explorer