Walking the French Riviera
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,541
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Enjoy spectacular Mediterranean sea views
- Relax on sandy beaches
- Wander the perched village of Castellar
- Visit the beautiful village of Sospel
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, In-depth Cultural
Start and end in Nice! With the hiking & trekking tour Walking the French Riviera, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Nice, France and 7 other destinations in Europe. Walking the French Riviera is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
5 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 24, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is a wonderful way to experience a beautiful part of France and includes small villages, mountains and the seaside. There is more moderate than easy walking involved but it is well worth the effort.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Looking down at the views from mountain tops. Enjoying fun and laughter with a group of like-minded people and a fantastic leader, Stephanie.What did you think of your group leader?Stephanie was fantastic.Â She was happy to share her knowledge of her country with us.Â She was patient and thoughtful.Â She became part of our group, sharing laughs with us and special moments.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you have done a little walking before the time.Â On day 2, you do 1 hour of continuous climbing and this can be difficult if you do no exercise regularly. With some preparation, this is a wonderful tour where you can focus on the spectacular views rather than worrying about your physical wellbeing.Is there anything else you would like to add?Breathe in the mountain air, enjoy the views and embrace a wonderful experience!!!Â Your friends will be amazed when you tell them where you are going!!!
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentIt was a lovely trip and I would do it again.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Visiting the town of Sospel was a highlight as well as seeing the WW2 bunkers.What did you think of your group leader?She was awesome and I would love to take another walking trip with her as the guide.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Bring a pair of water shoes if you plan to swim in the Med as the beach is quite rocky.Â If you plan to stay an extra day before/after the tour book directly through the hotel as it's quite a bit less expensive than booking through Exodus.Â I used walking sticks and I was glad to have them.Is there anything else you would like to add?Nothing more to add, just book the trip and enjoy!!
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20132.0 - Rather poorLovely part of France, excellent guide who tried to cater to everyone's ability. Hotel was in lovely position . I personally was not happy as the grade of the walks got reduced without an email from exodus telling me. I may have decided to choose a different walk.What did you think of your group leader?Stephanie was very knowledgeable and as stated above tried to cater to everyone.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Check out exactly what you will be walking, and make up of group. If you are a solo traveller I would advise a single room as rooms are not that big.Is there anything else you would like to add?I think Exodus should ask more questions about the ability of the walkers. We had a lady who had only ever walked 5 kms 2 years previous and she expected the others to walk at her pace and stop every 10 minutes . Fortunately she was not allowed to continue with any more of the walking after day 1 .
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentI would certainly recommend this walking holiday, it proved very interesting.The location is marvellous with the hotel front overlooking the sea and the hills behind encompassing these wonderfull walks with such splendid views.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The lunch spot on Â the last walk, friday, sitting on the ridge in pine trees in the plesant sun with views Â to the south down to Menton and north to the southern Alps Â with their snowy tops. Â A most beautifull location to be at.!What did you think of your group leader?Could not be bettered ! Plesant, well informed, French. Â Stephanie looked after us so well. The prepared pack of local information was comprehensive.On the one slight medical concern we had on a walk she acted very confidently...she is excellent.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The walks are not for the weak willed, the ascents need grit, and this could be harder Â as the summer progresses. I used a walking pole and was very glad I had taken it with me.Is there anything else you would like to add?The local history is amazing relating to the world wars.....I would like "reference" to any novels which encompass Â some of the local history.
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentBeautiful villages to explore with spectacular views and a hotel right on the beach - what more could you ask for?!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Realising our hotel was overlooking the sea. It was wonderful to be able to walk from the hotel and stroll along the promenade whenever I wanted. It was also fantastic to finally see the sun!What did you think of your group leader?Stephanie is a superb leader, extremely knowledgeable and experienced, we all felt very lucky to have her as our guide. Her English is brilliant but she is very happy to chat in French for those who wish to practise their language skills.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?There is lots to see and do in Menton, several of our group visited the Jean Cocteau museum and reported back that it was great. There is also a fantastic food market and limoncello shop so leave room in your case if you want to take some treats home.Is there anything else you would like to add?Make sure you have lots of space on your camera for photos as there are masses of beautiful views!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Menton
- Day 2: Walk to the Cap Martin Peninsula, passing through the pretty cliff-side village of Roquebrune Cap Martin
- Day 3: Head by bus inland to Sospel; walk to the border of the Mercantour N.P; return to Menton by bus
- Day 4: Monaco - Eze
- Day 5: Free Day
- Day 6: Bus to Castellar to explore; walk to the French-Italian border; decend into Menton
- Day 7: A short train ride to St Jean Cap Ferrat; follow coastal trails along limestone cliffs
- Day 8: End Menton
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is a typical walking distance on any given day?
The walking profile is:
Day 2 - 12km
Day 3 - 9km
Day 4 - 9km
Day 5 - free day
Day 6 - 13km
Day 7 - 11km.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Walking the French Riviera
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Nice8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Nice8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Nice8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Nice8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Nice8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Nice8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Nice8 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Nice8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroFrance and Monaco
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Nice.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 November 2018 the full payment of $1,541 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1541 for Walking the French Riviera, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 97 km.
- Nice (France)
- 21 km
- Menton (France)
- 2 km
- Roquebrune Cap Martin (France)
- 13 km
- Sospel (France)
- 12 km
- Menton (France)
- 8 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 5 km
- Eze (France)
- 14 km
- Castellar (France)
- 3 km
- Menton (France)
- 17 km
- Villefranche sur Mer (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,541 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,876 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours