Southern Iceland Winter Explorer
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Susan JarvisWritten on February 25, 20135.0 - Excellent
Despite initial concerns about the lack of snow, the whole holiday was so packed with sights and experiences we wondered when we would have found time to do more snowshoeing. The country has a lot to offer whatever the weather.What was the most... Read more
- Michael RamseyWritten on February 25, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a terrific trip. We had previously been on the Glaciers, Geysers and Waterfalls trip and had loved Iceland so much that we wanted to return. This was much more than a snowshoeing holiday and lived up to all expectations.What was the most... Read more
- Thomas HarariWritten on February 18, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fantastic way to spend a week. I'd wanted to go to Iceland for a long time and the country did not disapoint. The scenery is spectacular and it's certainly left me with a desire to go back. Whilst I hadn't considered going in winter before, it turns out... Read more
- Stephen ParkWritten on February 13, 20135.0 - Excellent
An excellent introduction to Iceland in winter! A well balanced trip mixing different activities and balancing exercise with sightseeing.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Difficult to pick a highlight but probably would go for the glacier... Read more
- Ian BowdenWritten on July 19, 20104.0 - Good
Fascinating to see this amazing landscape in the glorious throws of winter. Good variety, activity, food.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Snowmobiling on a perfect cloudless winter's day was a great treat.What did you think of your group... Read more
- Leanne CloughWritten on March 2, 20104.0 - Good
Great landscape, enjoyable activities, interesting people...a brilliant trip.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cramponing on the glacier and ice climbing - I've been to the indoor ice climbing in London so brilliant to give it a go... Read more
- Lisa HutchisonWritten on March 31, 20095.0 - Excellent
A Fantastic holiday in an amazing country! Everything I had hoped for, and then a little bit more.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The vast volcanic landscapes are truly awe-inspiring.Â The views changed as the weather changed, and... Read more
- David NimmoWritten on April 10, 20085.0 - Excellent
Fantastic holiday, one to remember. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk on the glacier was breathtaking. The blue-coloured ice was stunning and provided some really nice photographs. We were especially lucky with the weather on... Read more
- Arabella HeskettWritten on March 16, 20085.0 - Excellent
Had a wonderful adventure, great group of people, totally awe inspiring environment.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I guess I wasÂ apprehensive about the crampon-glacier experience, but keen to try it, so the most inspirational moment... Read more
- Paul HutchinsWritten on March 12, 20085.0 - Excellent
Don't think I've ever had so much fun. Loved every minute of itWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Being roped up in a group on top of the glacier - a stunning experience.Snow shoeing up a mountain The optional trip to the Blue Lagoon was a... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Reykjavik.
- Day 2: Set off east, taking in Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls and the visitor centre at Thorvaldseyri farm, below Eyafjallajokull; on past Vik to the sea stacks at Reynisdrangar.
- Day 3: Visit Skaftafell and enjoy an easy glacier walk on Svinafellsjokull or Solheimajokull Glacier.
- Day 4: Drive to Jokulsarlon, the glacial lagoon filled with mesmerising icebergs; walk down to the coast to enjoy the beached icebergs and ice formations. Afternoon ice cave visit (conditions permitting).
- Day 5: We see Gullfoss Waterfall before travelling to Geysir and the rift valley at Thingvellir.
- Day 6: Tour of the Hellisheidarvirkjun geothermal heating plant nestled below the mountains; into the Blue Mountains for and easy walk past lava flows to a dormant crater.
- Day 7: Free day in Reykjavik for optional excursions such as snowmobiling or exploring the city.
- Day 8: Morning visit to Leidarendi lava tube cave; afternoon transfer to Keflavik; fly to London.
- Exodus People - Kristjan's Story
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gerry6th November 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Keflavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 February 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Southern Iceland Winter Explorer, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Keflavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 110 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 127 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 155 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,733 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours