Cross-country Skiing: Venabu (1 destination)
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 58:34:01
Start and end in Oslo! With the ski, snowboard & snow tour Cross-country Skiing: Venabu (1 destination), you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Oslo, Norway. Cross-country Skiing: Venabu (1 destination) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- VDVickiWritten on January 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis is a fantastic tour. The guides at Venabu Fjelljotell and great and the accommodation is lovely the food was amazing and the location was beautiful.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on March 18, 20134.0 - GoodExtremely enjoyable, very challenging if you've never done any skiing before but great exercise! Tour guides were great and very knowledgable. Hotel rooms were basic but food was really good. Only negative is there was not a lot to do at night for younger (20-40) group members.
- AnonymousWritten on March 18, 20133.0 - AverageThis is an excellent mountain hotel. There is plenty of variety from new to x-country ski to off track mountain skiingWhat did you think of your group leader?Although there is no resident Exodus rep the hotel guides (Robert and Wenka pronounced Venka) made us very welcome.Â They are both skilled skiers and knowledgable about the tracks and mountain terrain.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The brochure understates the ski potential by a long way. The hotel Ski Safari trips are worth the holiday in their own right.The leaders were able to accomodate guest with litterally no x-country ski experiance to those of us with 30 years skiing.This hotel is also the start and finish point for some DNT hut to hut routes so for those who would like longer trips there are DNT huts within easy day skiingÂ Is there anything else you would like to add?As with every where in Norway alcohol is expensive by UK standards (at least N of England and Scotland).The tradational Norweigan buffet mid week will not be to every ones taste and tradationally they are not as veggie as many UK veggies would like. The horse, whale and raw fish dishes are intersting to try. More familiar reindeer, beef and lamb dishes were popular.Fish eating veggies are well catered for with a different fish every evening, there were also pure veggie options with chick peas and beans on the cold buffet.Â
- AnonymousWritten on March 18, 20135.0 - ExcellentExcellent, professional and friendly set up, with comprehensive tuition and guiding. The full board option is very good value for money in what can be an eye-wateringly expensive (in GBP terms) country.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Placing my skis in the parallel tracks and realising that I can glide; Heading out on my own in the afternoon round the hotel and finally 'getting' the rhythm right; Snowshoeing through the woods and coming out onto a viewpoint over the frozen waterfall.What did you think of your group leader?Not really a group leader as such (it's managed by the hotel) but Robert and his team of giudes / instructors were really friendly, helpful and patient. Instruction and tours were tailored to the group experience, with alternatives offered and there were extra training sessions in the afternoons focusing on specific skills, if you wanted to practise.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you want a drink in the evenings, bring some duty free with you and don't expect alpine style apres ski!Is there anything else you would like to add?Really enjoyable holiday, good value with all the food included, great fun.
- AnonymousWritten on January 13, 20135.0 - ExcellentVenabu is a great addition to the Exodus brochure. Good range of skiing, great leaders, effective instruction, very good hotel. This would also be a good base for some overnught(s) in the huts that are within reach. A must do trip!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Just being out there travelling through the chilly landsWhat did you think of your group leader?Robert and Venke were both excellent in their own ways. Thanks to both for a great week.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Venabu
- Day 2: Morning tuition with our local instructors. The afternoon is free to practise on your own
- Day 3: Cross-country ski tour with tuition.
- Day 4: Ski tour with our instructors. Choose between shorter or longer tours. You can also ski independently.
- Day 5: Free day for the snowshoeing or skiing independently
- Day 6-7: Ski independently or with the group on one of our ski tours.
- Day 8: End Venabu
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
how many hours of daylight is there in Norway in late December/ early January
Daylight hours - you can expect 5-6 hours daylight in Dec/Jan.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Oslo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Cross-country Skiing: Venabu (1 destination), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cross-country Skiing: Venabu (1 destination)