Portugal – Deluxe Pousadas and Wine Bicycle Tour
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 25 Apr 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,620
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Randy "This self guided tour was great. We were met in Lisbon by the local representatives who drove us to our starting point about two hours distant. They set us up with our rented bikes, made sure everything fit and worked then gave us an orientation for the GPS/direction system, in addition to paper directions. We were also provided cell phones, which they programmed with the numbers for each phone..."
- Porto Covo
- Rather Poor
- RobertWritten on February 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentA really great trip through Portugal, the Pousadas were wonderful and the cycle routes were well chosen for those with reasonable fitness. Philippe the local guide is worthy of particular mention as he was fantastic.Show detailed ratings
- JAJennyWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrancisco was great - we enjoyed discussing the trip over the local wine. with him We also loved the pousadas. Unfortunately, you can't control the weather and we biked in a freak heat wave of 100+ degrees! We enjoyed exploring Portugal, which seems to be very up and coming for tourism. We probably wouldn't rate the trip as "fit" although we did take the short route the 2nd day because of the heat. Bikes were fine but could use a tune up for shifting.Show detailed ratings
- SSSandraWritten on June 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe were on the self-guided Biking/Wineries/Pousadas trip to. Portugal booked through pure Adventures but operated by local people in central Portugal. Our trip was supposed to start in Lisbon, but we asked to meet up in Evora, where the biking began. Felipe, our engaging, knowledgeable guide and organizer, spoke great English and sent us on our way.Show detailed ratings
- BHBarbWritten on June 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded my expectations! Portugal is beautiful. The Pousadas were wonderful and the service was excellent. The secondary roads that we cycled on were very quiet with little traffic. Very peaceful and lovely. The trip was well organized and Pure Adventures was very responsive to our inquiries/requests.Show detailed ratings
- MRMarkWritten on October 3, 20164.0 - GoodThe self guided trip - Pousadas and Alentejo vineyards was very enjoyable. The Pousadas exceeded our expectations with the rooms, pools and breakfasts all being a delight. My road bike was excellent and was a pleasure to ride. My wife Nancy had issues with the chain on her hybrid bike slipping while changing gears. The local staff Phillipe & Heder (spelling?) were excellent We passed on some comments on the drive back to Lisbon - notably that on day 1 the GPS was telling us to go in a direction where there was no road however we eventually asked a local for assistance in Rio de Mourinhos and with his assistance we got back on track. We also noted that the daily trip notes could contain more detailed information as to what to expect on the ride. On day 3 we note the option of a stop in Borba to undertake a wine tour. Nancy was tired at this point and noted that it would have be helpful if the notes stated that the ride from there to Vila Vicosa was on flat road although much of it being cobblestone. On day 4 the last 6.5kms included a climb of approximately 4kms up to Monsaraz. This information may have assisted Nancy to prepare. As a consequence Nancy was dreading the final day being 69kms to Evora however this was actually the easiest day of cycling. More information of this nature will assist potential participants in determining whether they have the ability to complete the tripShow detailed ratings
- DMDanielWritten on August 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentAll in all our tour to the wine region of Portugal was excellent. Our tour liaison, Bernardo, from Portugal Nature Trails was outstanding. He picked us up at exactly the time we expected and transported us in an efficient manner to our tour. Along the way he gave us great little insights and historical perspectives about Portugal. It was a pleasure to meet him. The hotels that we stayed at were spectacular. The efforts by the staff at every hotel to make our stay a pleasant one was more than we expected. This included things such as early check in after a hot day of riding, and early breakfast so that we could hit the road before the heat set in.Our bags were delivered to our room at every location. As we checked in they would also give us a brief history of the Pousada which was wonderful. Thank you so much. The bicycles that we rode were good, but it would have been nice to have an opportunity to rent a better (high end) bike. Serious road riders will gladly pay more for better bikes. It would have been nice if woman riders were provided with woman's seats on their bike. The routes chosen for our adventure, for the most part, were good. Quiet country roads that were safe and cycling friendly. However, there were a couple of places where the route needs to be reviewed and revamped for road bikers. On the first day, prior to reaching Estromoz, the GPS directed us through a small town and the route had us travelling a hilly dirt path through a vineyard. This route could not safely be completed on a road bike and was clearly designed for mountain bikers. We had to turn back and adjust our route to get back on the desired GPS path. On the second day, the route had us travelling through many small towns with lots of cobblestones. We understand that this a characteristic of european towns, but there were simply too many cobbles to make passage on a road bike enjoyable. On the last day, we travelled along a secondary country road prior to reaching Evora. This road has deteriorated in many places to gravel and rubble and an in experienced road bike rider would find it very difficult to navigate. We don't want to sound like we are just complaining, but, simply stating that the routes need to be reviewed and adjusted fairly frequently. All in all it was a great holiday and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Pure Adventures or Portugal Nature Trails to our friendsShow detailed ratings
- RandyWritten on November 21, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis self guided tour was great. We were met in Lisbon by the local representatives who drove us to our starting point about two hours distant. They set us up with our rented bikes, made sure everything fit and worked then gave us an orientation for the GPS/direction system, in addition to paper directions. We were also provided cell phones, which they programmed with the numbers for each phone in the ride so it was easy to call one another. We were picked up at the end and driven back to Lisbon and returned our equipment, which was done flawlessly. The ride was fun and the pousadas were very nice. Some of the roads were a little busier than we would have liked but overall ok. The bikes and equipment worked very well. I would highly recommend the company and the ride to all who have some experience and desire to ride bikes in Europe. It is a great way to see a section of a country.Show detailed ratings
- Llaesignup@hotmail.comWritten on November 6, 2015Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- JWritten on October 13, 20154.5 - ExcellentPure Adventures were great....very organized....would definitely recommend them & use them again.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 27, 20154.0 - GoodMaggie is great! We have worked with her several times and has always an excellent job and is also very friendly.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2: Bike toEstremoz(55km, 700m, road)
- Day 4: Bike from Vila Viçosa to Monsaraz–(55km, 600m)
- Day 5: Bike from Monsarazto Évora(69km, 800m)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Charmaine28th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Portugal – Deluxe Pousadas and Wine Bicycle Tour
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- WednesdayMay 9, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysMondayMay 14, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- ThursdayMay 10, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysTuesdayMay 15, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- FridayMay 11, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysWednesdayMay 16, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- MondayMay 14, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from Porto Covo6 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Odeceixe10+ seats leftOnly 5 days left toSave $69USD $1,665
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Porto Covo is the starting point and Odeceixe is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2018 the full payment of $1,620 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1620 for Portugal – Deluxe Pousadas and Wine Bicycle Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 47 km.
- Porto Covo (Portugal)
- 47 km
- Odeceixe (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,620 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Portugal – Deluxe Pousadas and Wine Bicycle Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Portugal – Deluxe Pousadas and Wine Bicycle Tour