Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour 6 nights
- Our saving
- US $ 1,786
- Romanya de la Selva
- +3 Destinations
- Rather Poor
- SSandyBainbridgeWritten on June 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything was wonderful! It far exceeded our e pectations! The service we had from Lorenzo was superb too. Hotels were all excellent. We liked staying two nights in each hotel and riding loops! Thanks, Steve and Sandy BainbridgeShow detailed ratings
- SallyWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved our routes you designed for us - great combination of coastal views, mountains, countryside. Nora from Terra Bikes was fantastic, the places we stayed were fantastic with friendly helpful staff, luggage picked up and delivered seamlessly. Great cycling vacation! Thank you!Show detailed ratings
- KarenWritten on June 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI loved cycling thru the countryside and felt out accommodations were fabulousShow detailed ratings
- BBrendaAlbericoWritten on June 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe support from guideShow detailed ratings
- SSueSitlerWritten on May 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a great trip! All the arrangements were top notch! As a self-guided tour, the 3 of us, never having been to Spain or Catalonia, were able to get around with no problems. The bike shop and point of contact in Barcelona where we picked up our bikes was very helpful and accommodating. The driver that transported us was also very helpful, eager to explain to us all about the area and what foods to try. We were also blessed with wonderful weather!Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for sharing Sue!! So glad you had such a wonderful time! Love the photos! ~ the Pure Adventures team
- CRCathyWritten on August 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was incredible! It was self-guided so we didn't have a tour guide. The hotels were beautiful - they exceeded our expectations. The transport to and from the hotels was great. The overall experience was beautiful. the paths through the medieval towns were stunning. The only problem we had was with the GPS which sometimes didn't work. I suggest that the company provide a GPS for each rider in case one breaks. This was kind of frustrating - we charged it all night but then in the morning it didn't work.Show detailed ratings
- JBJeffWritten on August 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis self guided tour was excellent! You never know what to expect with a "tour" but this one far exceeded expectations. Not only was the biking fantastic but the hotels and included meals were 5 star+. We will be booking the Burgundy France tour next!Show detailed ratings
- PPPatriciaWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything was quite wonderful. Bikes were excellent (new tough tires which was great since we were on rough terrain), lovely accommodations, and food. Biking through woods, fields and by the sea was lovely. Local bike company was helpful, available when needed & knew what they were doing. We had some cold & rain but we felt like heroes when we biked through it all!Show detailed ratings
- KHKatieWritten on October 14, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur tour was the Catalonia Gastronomic Tour. We purchased the upgraded tasting menus and nicer accommodations as well. Our biking tour was not overly challenging for someone who is in decent shape. We averaged about 50km/day. Our tour took us along the Mediterranean coast, through medieval villages and ruins and through beautiful agricultural settings. The people we met along the way were incredibly nice and helpful.Show detailed ratings
- CSCatharinaWritten on July 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentA very positive experience, recommendable! Easy bicycling, very god bikes. Guide-information before tour was excellent, all hear in order. Hotel accomodation perfect.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer from Barcelona to Romanya de la Selva - Bike 33km
- Day 2: Loop Ride Around Pals - 40 km
- Day 3: Pals - St Marti d Empuries - 35km
- Day 4: Loop ride Sant Marti to Castello d Empuries - 51km
- Day 5: Ride to Madremanya - 38 km
- Day 6: Loop Ride to Medieval Villages - 39 km
- Day 7: Return transfer to Girona included; depart at 9:30 am (B)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the total distance of the trip and the daily breakdown?
The total distance is about 240km; breaks down as:
Is this a guided tour?
Since it's a self-guided tour, you can go at your own pace for that itinerary.
I am trying to figure out the difficulty of the biking. What would you say the average miles or KM per week your average customer making this tour does?
In order to ride this tour, you'd need to be used to riding about 30 miles at least 3 times a week.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour 6 nights
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysTuesdaySep 11, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$76USD $1,833
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$74USD $1,786
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$74USD $1,786
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$74USD $1,786
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$74USD $1,786
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Romanya de la Selva is the starting point and Girona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 September 2018 the full payment of $1,786 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1786 for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour 6 nights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Romanya de la Selva (Spain)
- 19 km
- Pals (Spain)
- 18 km
- Empuries (Spain)
- 21 km
- Madremanya (Spain)
- 11 km
- Girona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,786 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,722 tours in Europe
- covered by 241 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour 6 nights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour 6 nights