Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic 6 Nights Cycling Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,872
- Romanya de la Selva
- +3 Destinations
- Costa Brava
- Rather Poor
- CRCathyWritten on August 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was incredible! It was self-guided so we didn't have a tour guide. The hotels were beautiful - they exceeded our expectations. The transport to and from the hotels was great. The overall experience was beautiful. the paths through the medieval towns were stunning. The only problem we had was with the GPS which sometimes didn't work. I suggest that the company provide a GPS for each rider in case one breaks. This was kind of frustrating - we charged it all night but then in the morning it didn't work.Show detailed ratings
- JBJeffWritten on August 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis self guided tour was excellent! You never know what to expect with a "tour" but this one far exceeded expectations. Not only was the biking fantastic but the hotels and included meals were 5 star+. We will be booking the Burgundy France tour next!Show detailed ratings
- PPPatriciaWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything was quite wonderful. Bikes were excellent (new tough tires which was great since we were on rough terrain), lovely accommodations, and food. Biking through woods, fields and by the sea was lovely. Local bike company was helpful, available when needed & knew what they were doing. We had some cold & rain but we felt like heroes when we biked through it all!Show detailed ratings
- KHKatieWritten on October 14, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur tour was the Catalonia Gastronomic Tour. We purchased the upgraded tasting menus and nicer accommodations as well. Our biking tour was not overly challenging for someone who is in decent shape. We averaged about 50km/day. Our tour took us along the Mediterranean coast, through medieval villages and ruins and through beautiful agricultural settings. The people we met along the way were incredibly nice and helpful.Show detailed ratings
- CSCatharinaWritten on July 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentA very positive experience, recommendable! Easy bicycling, very god bikes. Guide-information before tour was excellent, all hear in order. Hotel accomodation perfect.Show detailed ratings
- IBIngridWritten on June 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe could not have been more pleased with this self-guided gastronomic tour of Costa Brava! First of all, early June turned out to be an excellent time to make the trip, because the weather was ideal in terms of temperature and lack of rain, AND there were very few tourists at the hotels, at the beaches, and on the bicycle paths. We can't overstate how much this contributed to our enjoyment of the trip. In addition, the scenery, food/wine, and lodging were all first rate. Maggie was a big help in offering lodging/restaurant suggestions in Barcelona, where we spent a few days before our tour. She also promptly fielded all of our questions leading up to our departure date. Angel and Nora provided us with a nice overview of the bike tour, along with many sight seeing tips, at our orientation in Girona, and we had no difficulty following the turn-by-turn directions, as well as the maps and the GPS tracker, throughout the ride. We also appreciated the various choices we had in regard to the bicycle route (e.g. shortcuts, extensions, rest day), as well as dinner menu (tasting menu vs regular menu). Lastly, Nora was incredibly responsive when we had a problem with one front tire, as well as the pump, on day #3. Everything was taken care of first thing the following morning by David and we lost no time on our trip. In short, this bike trip more than met our expectations. We have many wonderful memories and a new appreciation for the beauty of this part of the world. Thanks to Pure Adventures for offering the tour and allowing us to experience "heaven on earth."Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewSo nice to read! Thank YOU!
- AAnonymousWritten on October 9, 20154.0 - Good
- AAnonymousWritten on September 26, 20155.0 - ExcellentEmail communication was thorough, timely, and complete. Questions were welcomed and answered in a timely manner. As you know, our tour was self-guided. Angel was terrific! He patiently talked us through each day's route, answered our questions, and generally prepared us for the six days of biking. We didn't use a GPS. The maps and instructions were helpful, accurate, and fun, sort of like orienteering.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 24, 20154.0 - GoodPart of the adventure following maps in historic towns If in doubt look for the church then find the square and a bar.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 16, 20155.0 - ExcellentWhen coming from vast distances like Australia as much help with coordinating arrival & departure agendas is much appreciated & a great assistance. E.g. Girona train timetable. All locations of the hotels maximised the experience of the stays in those places. Sa Punta near Pals was an excellent property & the food was exceptional however the location of the hotel lacked some "definition" as to where we actually were.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer from Barcelona to Romanya de la Selva - Bike 33km
- Day 2: Loop Ride Around Pals - 40 km
- Day 3: Pals - St Marti d Empuries - 35km
- Day 4: Loop ride Sant Marti to Castello d Empuries - 51km
- Day 5: Ride to Madremanya - 38 km
- Day 6: Loop Ride to Medieval Villages - 39 km
- Day 7: Return transfer to Girona included; depart at 9:30 am (B)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 22, 2016
What is the total distance of the trip and the daily breakdown?
The total distance is about 240km; breaks down as:
- March 1, 2016
Is this a guided tour?
Since it's a self-guided tour, you can go at your own pace for that itinerary.
- March 1, 2016
I am trying to figure out the difficulty of the biking. What would you say the average miles or KM per week your average customer making this tour does?
In order to ride this tour, you'd need to be used to riding about 30 miles at least 3 times a week.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David3rd February 2018
Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic 6 Nights Cycling Tour
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayMar 17, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- MondayMar 12, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondayMar 19, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- WednesdayMar 14, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysTuesdayMar 20, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysWednesdayMar 21, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- FridayMar 16, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysThursdayMar 22, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridayMar 23, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- SundayMar 18, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
- TuesdayMar 20, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondayMar 26, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$78USD $1,884
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Romanya de la Selva is the starting point and Girona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $1,872 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1872 for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic 6 Nights Cycling Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Romanya de la Selva (Spain)
- 19 km
- Pals (Spain)
- 18 km
- Empuries (Spain)
- 21 km
- Madremanya (Spain)
- 11 km
- Girona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,872 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic 6 Nights Cycling Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic 6 Nights Cycling Tour