Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,578
- Romanya de la Selva
- +3 Destinations
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on June 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe ebikes were magnificent. They aided us brilliantly to get through the 60km days. Some of the tracks/paths are very rocky and a bit dangerous so it would have been very tough going without the ebikes. We took the upgraded accommodation option and we noted that mostly the hotels were the same as the other option but we did have nice rooms in all but one stop. If we did this again, knowing what we know now, we would stay longer in the beachside towns which creates a lazy day as well. This would suit as we didn't have a lot of time to explore these beautiful coastal towns. We would also try to restrict our ride to about 50km a day but realise this is not easy with the proximity of the towns. We did have two issues with the bikes. One battery issue and one chain issue. Both were beyond our control. Anna delivered a battery but she had to come from Barcelona, 90 mins away. The chain was cleverly fixed by a wonderful guy who worked at the hotel we stayed at. Our advice, would be to have a back up battery travel with the luggage. The chain issue probably stemmed from an issue from the start as I noticed it missing a cog as I changed gear from day one. Overall, we loved the tour and had a wonderful sense of accomplishment. Melanie from Pure Adventures was magnificent in setting it all up for us and we would work through her again. Thanks Melanie!Show detailed ratings
- SSandyBainbridgeWritten on June 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything was wonderful! It far exceeded our e pectations! The service we had from Lorenzo was superb too. Hotels were all excellent. We liked staying two nights in each hotel and riding loops! Thanks, Steve and Sandy BainbridgeShow detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Steve and Sandy for doing another tour with us!! We love your photos and hearing about your adventures along the way! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip! Look forward to "seeing" you again on another tour in the future!!
- SallyWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved our routes you designed for us - great combination of coastal views, mountains, countryside. Nora from Terra Bikes was fantastic, the places we stayed were fantastic with friendly helpful staff, luggage picked up and delivered seamlessly. Great cycling vacation! Thank you!Show detailed ratings
- KarenWritten on June 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI loved cycling thru the countryside and felt out accommodations were fabulousShow detailed ratings
- BBrendaAlbericoWritten on June 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe support from guideShow detailed ratings
- GGordFroehlichWritten on May 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a great cycle tour. The hotels and food was excellent and Terra Bike tours also did an outstanding job providing instructions, maps, bikes and support for our trip along the way.Show detailed ratings
- SSueSitlerWritten on May 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a great trip! All the arrangements were top notch! As a self-guided tour, the 3 of us, never having been to Spain or Catalonia, were able to get around with no problems. The bike shop and point of contact in Barcelona where we picked up our bikes was very helpful and accommodating. The driver that transported us was also very helpful, eager to explain to us all about the area and what foods to try. We were also blessed with wonderful weather!Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for sharing Sue!! So glad you had such a wonderful time! Love the photos! ~ the Pure Adventures team
- CRCathyWritten on August 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was incredible! It was self-guided so we didn't have a tour guide. The hotels were beautiful - they exceeded our expectations. The transport to and from the hotels was great. The overall experience was beautiful. the paths through the medieval towns were stunning. The only problem we had was with the GPS which sometimes didn't work. I suggest that the company provide a GPS for each rider in case one breaks. This was kind of frustrating - we charged it all night but then in the morning it didn't work.Show detailed ratings
- JBJeffWritten on August 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis self guided tour was excellent! You never know what to expect with a "tour" but this one far exceeded expectations. Not only was the biking fantastic but the hotels and included meals were 5 star+. We will be booking the Burgundy France tour next!Show detailed ratings
- PPPatriciaWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything was quite wonderful. Bikes were excellent (new tough tires which was great since we were on rough terrain), lovely accommodations, and food. Biking through woods, fields and by the sea was lovely. Local bike company was helpful, available when needed & knew what they were doing. We had some cold & rain but we felt like heroes when we biked through it all!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer from Barcelona to Romanya de la Selva - Bike 33km
- Day 2: Loop Ride Around Pals - 40 km
- Day 3: Pals - St Marti d Empuries - 35km
- Day 4: Loop ride Sant Marti to Castello d Empuries - 51km
- Day 5: Ride to Madremanya - 38 km
- Day 6: Loop Ride to Medieval Villages - 39 km
- Day 7: Return transfer to Girona included; depart at 9:30 am (B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the total distance of the trip and the daily breakdown?
The total distance is about 240km; breaks down as:
Is this a guided tour?
Since it's a self-guided tour, you can go at your own pace for that itinerary.
I am trying to figure out the difficulty of the biking. What would you say the average miles or KM per week your average customer making this tour does?
In order to ride this tour, you'd need to be used to riding about 30 miles at least 3 times a week.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$75USD $1,788
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$75USD $1,788
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$75USD $1,788
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Girona10+ seats left$66USD $1,578
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Romanya de la Selva is the starting point and Girona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,578 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1578 for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Romanya de la Selva (Spain)
- 19 km
- Pals (Spain)
- 18 km
- Empuries (Spain)
- 21 km
- Madremanya (Spain)
- 11 km
- Girona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,578 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour