Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,669
- Romanya de la Selva
- +3 Destinations
- Rather Poor
- CCezanneGarciaWritten on November 15, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We greatly enjoyed the tour however there were some mishaps on upgraded lodging arrangements that fell short of our expectations. A couple of recommendations/ideas for improvement 1) when fitting someone on a bike and gear, ask guest to take a 15 to 30... Read more
- LindseyWritten on October 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a wonderful tour and no one can avoid the rain when it comes. The rides were terrific and the staff everywhere were friendly and helpful. The Hotel Sa Punta was truly a highlight. The hotel was wonderful and the restaurant was magnificent. We... Read more
- AAmyOttenWritten on October 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We have quite a few comments. The hotels, food, GPS and all personnel were excellent and helpful. We very much loved the places we saw (Ullastret, Empuries, etc). The villages were beautiful and charming. Nora a Terra Bikes and her staff were great and... Read more
- BrianWritten on October 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The planning and ease of the GPS
- EEstherGrovesWritten on October 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Your partners at Terra Bikes in Barcelona were wonderful - Nora and Anna were friendly, helpful, and thorough and offered their personal cell numbers in case we needed help along the way. Huge thanks to them! This was in contrast to the tour we did in 2015... Read more
- BBobbiKisebachWritten on September 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved Catalonia, the folks at Terra Bikes were great, the hotels were beautiful. The cue sheets were tough, even though Nora from Terra Bikes spent a couple hours going over each day with us. Once we got the pre-programmed GPS to work and be seen in the... Read more
- TomWritten on September 30, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good self-guided tour. It took our group a day to use GPS and cue sheets properly. Bike shop in Barcelona was very good to work with. Taxis and bike transport went well. Some of our group thought bikes were too heavy. I did not mind the bulky bikes,... Read more
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on June 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The ebikes were magnificent. They aided us brilliantly to get through the 60km days. Some of the tracks/paths are very rocky and a bit dangerous so it would have been very tough going without the ebikes. We took the upgraded accommodation option and we... Read more
- SSandyBainbridgeWritten on June 29, 20185.0 - Excellent
Everything was wonderful! It far exceeded our e pectations! The service we had from Lorenzo was superb too. Hotels were all excellent. We liked staying two nights in each hotel and riding loops! Thanks, Steve and Sandy BainbridgeShow detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Steve and Sandy for doing another tour with us!! We love your photos and hearing about your adventures along the way! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip! Look forward to "seeing" you again on another tour in the future!!
- SallyWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved our routes you designed for us - great combination of coastal views, mountains, countryside. Nora from Terra Bikes was fantastic, the places we stayed were fantastic with friendly helpful staff, luggage picked up and delivered seamlessly. Great... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer from Barcelona to Romanya de la Selva - Bike 33km
- Day 2: Loop Ride Around Pals - 40 km
- Day 3: Pals - St Marti d Empuries - 35km
- Day 4: Loop ride Sant Marti to Castello d Empuries - 51km
- Day 5: Ride to Madremanya - 38 km
- Day 6: Loop Ride to Medieval Villages - 39 km
- Day 7: Return transfer to Girona included; depart at 9:30 am (B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the total distance of the trip and the daily breakdown?
The total distance is about 240km; breaks down as:
Is this a guided tour?
Since it's a self-guided tour, you can go at your own pace for that itinerary.
I am trying to figure out the difficulty of the biking. What would you say the average miles or KM per week your average customer making this tour does?
In order to ride this tour, you'd need to be used to riding about 30 miles at least 3 times a week.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lillian16th January 2019
Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- FridayMar 1, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysThursdayMar 7, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- MondayMar 4, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSundayMar 10, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- TuesdayMar 5, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysMondayMar 11, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- WednesdayMar 6, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysTuesdayMar 12, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- ThursdayMar 7, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysWednesdayMar 13, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- FridayMar 8, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysThursdayMar 14, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- SaturdayMar 9, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysFridayMar 15, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Romanya de la Selva7 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Girona10+ seats left$70USD $1,669
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Romanya de la Selva is the starting point and Girona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 April 2019 the full payment of $1,669 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1669 for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Romanya de la Selva (Spain)
- 19 km
- Pals (Spain)
- 18 km
- Empuries (Spain)
- 21 km
- Madremanya (Spain)
- 11 km
- Girona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,669 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,997 tours in Europe
- covered by 387 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour