Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour
- Romanya de la Selva
- +3 Destinations
- Rather Poor
- LindseyWritten on October 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a wonderful tour and no one can avoid the rain when it comes. The rides were terrific and the staff everywhere were friendly and helpful. The Hotel Sa Punta was truly a highlight. The hotel was wonderful and the restaurant was magnificent. We... Read more
- AAmyOttenWritten on October 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We have quite a few comments. The hotels, food, GPS and all personnel were excellent and helpful. We very much loved the places we saw (Ullastret, Empuries, etc). The villages were beautiful and charming. Nora a Terra Bikes and her staff were great and... Read more
- BrianWritten on October 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The planning and ease of the GPS
- EEstherGrovesWritten on October 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Your partners at Terra Bikes in Barcelona were wonderful - Nora and Anna were friendly, helpful, and thorough and offered their personal cell numbers in case we needed help along the way. Huge thanks to them! This was in contrast to the tour we did in 2015... Read more
- BBobbiKisebachWritten on September 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved Catalonia, the folks at Terra Bikes were great, the hotels were beautiful. The cue sheets were tough, even though Nora from Terra Bikes spent a couple hours going over each day with us. Once we got the pre-programmed GPS to work and be seen in the... Read more
- TomWritten on September 30, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good self-guided tour. It took our group a day to use GPS and cue sheets properly. Bike shop in Barcelona was very good to work with. Taxis and bike transport went well. Some of our group thought bikes were too heavy. I did not mind the bulky bikes,... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on June 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The ebikes were magnificent. They aided us brilliantly to get through the 60km days. Some of the tracks/paths are very rocky and a bit dangerous so it would have been very tough going without the ebikes. We took the upgraded accommodation option and we... Read more
- SSandyBainbridgeWritten on June 29, 20185.0 - Excellent
Everything was wonderful! It far exceeded our e pectations! The service we had from Lorenzo was superb too. Hotels were all excellent. We liked staying two nights in each hotel and riding loops! Thanks, Steve and Sandy BainbridgeShow detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Steve and Sandy for doing another tour with us!! We love your photos and hearing about your adventures along the way! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip! Look forward to "seeing" you again on another tour in the future!!
- SallyWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved our routes you designed for us - great combination of coastal views, mountains, countryside. Nora from Terra Bikes was fantastic, the places we stayed were fantastic with friendly helpful staff, luggage picked up and delivered seamlessly. Great... Read more
- KarenWritten on June 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved cycling thru the countryside and felt out accommodations were fabulous
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer from Barcelona to Romanya de la Selva - Bike 33km
- Day 2: Loop Ride Around Pals - 40 km
- Day 3: Pals - St Marti d Empuries - 35km
- Day 4: Loop ride Sant Marti to Castello d Empuries - 51km
- Day 5: Ride to Madremanya - 38 km
- Day 6: Loop Ride to Medieval Villages - 39 km
- Day 7: Return transfer to Girona included; depart at 9:30 am (B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the total distance of the trip and the daily breakdown?
The total distance is about 240km; breaks down as:
Is this a guided tour?
Since it's a self-guided tour, you can go at your own pace for that itinerary.
I am trying to figure out the difficulty of the biking. What would you say the average miles or KM per week your average customer making this tour does?
In order to ride this tour, you'd need to be used to riding about 30 miles at least 3 times a week.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Romanya de la Selva is the starting point and Girona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Romanya de la Selva (Spain)
- 19 km
- Pals (Spain)
- 18 km
- Empuries (Spain)
- 21 km
- Madremanya (Spain)
- 11 km
- Girona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,448 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spain - Catalonia Gastronomic Cycling Tour