- Our saving
- US $ 3,224
- Uncover the sights of Ulaanbaatar
- Explore Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- Visit Lake Baikal
- Wander through Moscow
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Discovery
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Beijing
- Day 2: Beijing/Ulaanbaatar
- Day 3: Ulaanbaatar
- Day 4: Ulaanbaatar/Gorkhi Terelj National Park (1D)
- Day 5: Gorkhi Terelj National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 6: Gorkhi Terelj National Park/Irkutsk (1B)
- Day 7: Irkutsk/Listvyanka (1D)
- Day 8: Listvyanka
- Day 9: Listvyanka/Irkutsk (1B)
- Day 10: Irkutsk/Yekaterinburg
- Day 11: Irkutsk/Yekaterinburg
- Day 12: Yekaterinburg (1B)
- Day 13: Yekaterinburg/Moscow (1B)
- Day 14: Yekaterinburg/Moscow
- Day 15: Moscow
- Day 16: Moscow
- Day 17: Moscow/Saint-Petersburg
- Day 18: Saint-Petersburg (1B)
- Day 19: Saint-Petersburg (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CearaWritten on August 3, 20195.0 - Excellent
Excellent tour. Great mix of activities and city sights to see. Like minded travellers are obviously attracted to this tour. Great direction from the guide on how best to spend our free time. Seems expensive but is actually quite good value as the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Ceara, we do appreciate it.Review collected by G Adventures
- GGeneva BWritten on October 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great personal experienceReview collected by G Adventures
- HHoward KWritten on October 20, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good and well organised trip which packed in a lot.Review collected by G Adventures
- BBarryThinnWritten on October 15, 20183.5 - Good
Tour was good but I have two issues: 1. The walking tours of Ekaterinburg & St Petersburg would be better replaced with alternatives. In Ekaterinburg I would suggest the use of a small bus to take participants to the site of the Asia/Europe border and the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the hnest review here Barry, we do appreciate it. We will see what we can do to make things better for future travellers here, apolagies for the hiccups.
- GGladys EWritten on September 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
decent hotels and arrangements at a fair price. mix of nationalities in the groupReview collected by G Adventures
- MMary PWritten on September 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It's would depend on the person. Some of my friends are rather 'precious' and wouldn't suit this tripReview collected by G Adventures
- MMatthias HWritten on September 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
the guide Masherdene GanboldReview collected by G Adventures
- MMatthew VWritten on August 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic guide, great value, a good balance of tours and free timeReview collected by G Adventures
- JJennifer TWritten on August 19, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Brilliant trip though slightly expensiveReview collected by G Adventures
- GGregory GWritten on August 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
There are minor suggestions before I would give it a 10Review collected by G Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there an option to upgrade the train to first-class?
Unfortunately, there is no option to upgrade to first-class for the train. Only economy or basic level seats are available.
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Simonetta7th July 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- MondaySep 16, 2019from Beijing19 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to St Petersburg6 seats left$1,155$4,299-25%USD $3,224
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Beijing19 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to St Petersburg10+ seats left$1,155$4,299-25%USD $3,224
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Beijing19 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to St Petersburg8 seats left$1,155$4,299-25%USD $3,224
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Beijing19 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to St PetersburgOnly 3 seats left$902$4,099-20%USD $3,279
- MondayApr 13, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayMay 1, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- MondayApr 20, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- MondayApr 27, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayMay 15, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- MondayMay 4, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayMay 22, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- MondayMay 11, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayMay 29, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- MondayMay 25, 2020from Beijing19 DaysFridayJun 12, 2020to St Petersburg10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Yuan RenminbiChina
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for China, Mongolia and Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for China, Mongolia and Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for China. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for China, Mongolia and Russia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for China, Mongolia and Russia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for China and Mongolia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for China and Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for China and Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for China, Mongolia and Russia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Beijing is the starting point and St Petersburg is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 29 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 29 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Beijing (China)
- 1,169 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 63 km
- Terelj National Park (Mongolia)
- 519 km
- Irkutsk (Russia)
- 281 km
- Lake Baikal (Russia)
- 2,985 km
- Ekaterinburg (Russia)
- 1,417 km
- Moscow (Russia)
- 633 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,224 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,207 tours in Asia
- covered by 863 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Trans-Mongolian Express