Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Hong Kong
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
Start in Beijing and end in Hong Kong! With the In-depth Cultural tour Essential China, you have a 21 days tour package taking you through Beijing, China and 8 other destinations in China. Essential China includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Beijing
- Day 2: Beijing
- Day 3: Beijing
- Day 4: Beijing/Shanghai
- Day 5: Shanghai
- Day 6: Shanghai/Xi'an
- Day 7: Xi'an
- Day 8: Xi'an
- Day 9: Xi'an/Chengdu (1D)
- Day 10: Chengdu
- Day 11: Chengdu/Emei Shan
- Day 12: Emei Shan
- Day 13: Emei Shan/Yangtze River
- Days 14-15: Yangtze River
- Day 16: Yangtze River/Liujiang
- Day 17: Liujiang/Yangshuo
- Day 18: Yangshuo (1L)
- Day 19: Yangshuo
- Day 20: Yangshuo/Hong Kong
- Day 21: Hong Kong
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Berth / Cabin
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- BBabs185· July 16th, 2018This was a very challenging trip physically. Yes, we went to some great sites and had some great times. The in-between travel was the hard bit, also travel distances take up a lot of time with not much to look at. I would give this a 4 star physical... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the constructive thoughts here. We will look into this.Trip date: June 2018
- Florence· April 17th, 2018The itineary was really good and we got to see all the essential highlights as per the name of the tour. However the transport was a disappointment. We spent a huge amount of time with rugsacks fighting our way through metro stations and over night... Show moreTrip date: March 2018
- DCDoug· December 6th, 2017Overall this was a good trip. It is the third trip I have done with GAdventures and it is interesting to compare them. The first trip was very good with a very good guide. The second trip was also very good but in some cases the guide was less than... Show moreTrip date: November 2017
- KLKathryn· October 27th, 2017Very poor tour leader, with few included activities, felt like it had been done on the cheapTrip date: September 2017
- NHnicola· April 21st, 2016Another fantastic trip from G Adventure. Our guide, Bing, was great, family-friendly and nothing we too much trouble. We were kept busy but with enough free time to add our own touches to the trip and we saw everything that would be on your lust of... Show moreTrip date: March 2016
- Tim· August 4th, 2012My family have just returned from our Essential China Tour. Our Guide Ricky Deng made this tour a most memorable experience. When we left the tour we realised how organised he was and the efforts he made to make our tour a smooth and relaxed adventures... Show moreTrip date: July 2012
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where and when does the tour end?
- When and where does the tour start?
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- What is the age range?
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
- Is there a hotel list available?
- Are the flights included?
- Can you help us with our visas if needed?
- Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar