Southern Cross Eastbound - Lima to Rio
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
John "the tour was excellent, will be remembered for the rest of my life. The places, people in all 3 countries were amazing. it was really 3 tours, back to back, in Peru, Pablo our guide was friendly, excellent, loved to show his country, participated with the group, when young people went out to clubs at night, would walk them home if they came home before the rest of the group, kept an eye out for ev..."
- +24 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Rio de Janeiro
- Hike up Machu Picchu
- Cruise Lake Titicaca
- 3-day salt flats excursion to Uyuni
- Visit the Iguassu Falls
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Camping, Sleeper Train, Sleeper Bus
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Boat, Local Transport, Plane, Ferry
Start in Lima and end in Rio de Janeiro! With the in-depth cultural tour Southern Cross Eastbound - Lima to Rio, you have a 45 day tour package taking you from Lima to Rio de Janeiro and through Lima, Peru and 24 other destinations in Latin America. Southern Cross Eastbound - Lima to Rio is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- AngelinaWritten on September 12, 20152.5 - AverageLupita - Had repeatedly requested 3 times over 3 different days to assist in getting entry SA to Bolivia. Lupita consistently replied she will check and let me know. She did not checked at all. On the actual day of cross into Bolivia -Lupita commented that she is not able to speak with me nor help me on the VISA. She said i can only approach the Bolivia guide who knows nothing on how to get VISA also. Worst of all - the VISA fee quoted by Lupita starts fro US 30/-and keeps increasing all the way to US 110/-. Finally, I told Lupita that I am only prepared to pay maximum US60/-. If anything goes wrong - I will just call my Singapore Embassy in Peru. Guide - Santiago Bascon - he is a man without integrity and is very dishonest. At Bonito - he collected 100 BRL and confirmed the optional trip to San Miguel Cave. Two hours later after I paid the 100BRL he came and said I need to pay 140BRL. WHAT NONSENSE is this? A contractual understanding was reached the moment he collected the 100BRL. If the trip was full - why did he collected the 100BRL? Transport arrangements were screwed up - not once, twice but MANY Times. Egs: (A) No transport came to fetch us from the Santa Cruz airport. 8 of us had to find our own taxi to Hotel Las Americas. (B) In Sao Paolo Airport - we waited 1.5 hrs for the vehicle to fetch us. This was caused by Santiago because he got the timing wrong - but he keeps blaming it on the transport company. He is not professional in his dealings. We all make mistake - it is ok - so long if we admit and avoid repeating it. Unfortunately for Santiago - he failed to admit his mistake - but keeps giving to cover up. At Paraty - our departure time for IIha Grande was changed from 7 am to 8.30am. He did not informed me and yet he argued that the change in time was posted on the Launa Blue information board. In the first place - when we checked into Launa Blue - he did not orient us about the use of the information board nor where the this information board was located. So for a tourist myself - how would I know that he had posted the change time message on a board that I did not know it existed? I left the group and took a Public bus directly to Rio de Janiero. Had enough of his unprofessional attitude.Show detailed ratings
- MiaWritten on December 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip! Loved it! Ventured through souther peru, bolivia and Brazil. Amazing sites like Macchu Picchu, Nazca lines, Iguazu falls and etc. South America is simply amazing.Show detailed ratings
- LauraWritten on August 21, 20135.0 - ExcellentBest month ever! Thank you so much for so many wonderful experiences. I met some great people too. :)Show detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on March 2, 20134.0 - Goodthe tour was excellent, will be remembered for the rest of my life. The places, people in all 3 countries were amazing. it was really 3 tours, back to back, in Peru, Pablo our guide was friendly, excellent, loved to show his country, participated with the group, when young people went out to clubs at night, would walk them home if they came home before the rest of the group, kept an eye out for everyones safety, excellent: in Bolivia, Sole' was so proud of her country, wanted us to get to see and experience all of the great places there, when in Sucre, it was Carnival and many places were closed, she arranged for us to team up with a local restraunt for bbq, hire a band and dance through the street, huge water fight, one of the highlights of trip:) ; in Brazil, all of the places were amazing,the Pantanal, from Bonito to Rio we were able to relax with the hotter weather and water activities to enjoy, our guide, Fernanda took dropped the ball compared to the other guides, she seemed to be more interested in herself than helping the group, we went to many dinners without her, she was interested in striking up a romantic relationship with a guest on a different G tour, Craigwith Gadventures helped us our a few times when Fernanda was not available. Overall this trip will be one of the highlights of my vacations. John MoslinShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Lima
- Day 2 Lima/Paracas (1B)
- Day 3 Paracas/Nazca
- Day 4 Nazca/Arequipa (1B)
- Day 5 Arequipa
- Day 6 Arequipa/Colca Canyon (1B)
- Day 7 Colca Canyon/Arequipa (1B)
- Day 8 Arequipa/Cusco (1B)
- Day 9 Cusco/Ollantaytambo (1B, 1L)
- Day 10 Inca Trail (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 11 Inca Trail (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 12 Inca Trail (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 13 Machu Picchu/Cusco (1B)
- Days 14-16 Cusco
- Day 17 Cusco/Puno (1B)
- Day 18 Puno/Lago Titicaca (1B, 1D)
- Day 19 Lago Titicaca/Puno (1B, 1L)
- Day 20 Puno/La Paz (1B)
- Day 21 La Paz (1B)
- Day 22 La Paz/Uyuni (1B)
- Day 23 Uyuni/Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1D)
- Day 24 Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 25 Salar de Uyuni/Uyuni (1B, 1L)
- Day 26 Uyuni/Potosí (1B)
- Day 27 Potosí/Sucre (1B)
- Days 28-29 Sucre
- Day 30 Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Day 31 Santa Cruz de la Sierra/Puerto Suárez (1B)
- Day 32 Puerto Suárez/Pantanal (1L, 1D)
- Day 33 Pantanal (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 34 Pantanal/Bonito (1B)
- Day 35 Bonito (1B)
- Day 36 Bonito/Foz do Iguaçu (1B)
- Day 37 Foz do Iguaçu
- Day 38 Foz do Iguaçu (1B)
- Day 39 Foz do Iguaçu/Paraty (1B)
- Day 40 Paraty (1B)
- Day 42 Paraty/Ilha Grande (1B)
- Day 43 Ilha Grande (1B)
- Day 44 Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro (1B)
- Day 45 Rio de Janeiro (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Pamela1st February 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Lima is the starting point and Rio de Janeiro is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 May 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Southern Cross Eastbound - Lima to Rio, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 5,481 km.
- Lima (Peru)
- 207 km
- Pisco (Peru)
- 185 km
- Nazca (Peru)
- 404 km
- Arequipa (Peru)
- 84 km
- Chivay (Peru)
- 26 km
- Canon del Colca (Peru)
- 232 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru)
- 67 km
- Inca Trail (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,101 tours in Latin America
- covered by 90 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Cross Eastbound - Lima to Rio