Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike
- Our saving
- US $ 1,739
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- World Expeditions
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join Tanabe, welcome meal & briefing
- Day 2: Hike the Northern mountains to Hongu Shrine
- Day 3: Visit Nachi Taisha, hike from Nachi to Koguchi
- Day 4: Kogumotori-goe Pilgrim trail
- Day 5: In Kumano, trip concludes
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- EOEwartWritten on May 10, 20195.0 - Excellent
Our only gripe was the long bus trips involved at the beginning and end of each day. Kohei, our guide, was outstanding. He let us experience many aspects of Japanese culture, and he became as much a friend as a guide.Show detailed ratingsWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Ewart, thank you for choosing to walk the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike with World Expeditions and for taking the time to leave your feedback. Like you say, walking the ancient Kumano Kodo trails with our experienced and knowledgeable guides provide a genuine insight into traditional Japanese culture. Our routes have been carefully selected so as to reveal the very best sites and trails, and this does necessitate the use of 30min local bus journeys at the beginning and end of days 3 and 4. Having taken on board your feedback we have now listed all bus journey lengths throughout the itinerary. Eric
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the closest international airport on this tour?
The closest international airport for this tour would be the Osaka international airport.
Is there a surcharge for travelling solo on this tour?
There is a separate price for the single traveller. Please contact us for more details.
Please can you advise of the finishing time of this tour and approximately how long it will take me to get back to Tokyo from our departure point?
You can finish the tour at any time you like - it ends after breakfast & your local guide can help with transport back to Tokyo.
It takes approximately 5 & 1/2 hours to catch the train back to Tokyo from Kii-Tanabe station (via Osaka) & about 2 hours from Kawayu Onsen to Kii-Tanabe station.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Thomas4th July 2019
Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- ThursdaySep 19, 2019from Kumano5 DaysMondaySep 23, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- FridaySep 20, 2019from Kumano5 DaysTuesdaySep 24, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Kumano5 DaysWednesdaySep 25, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Kumano5 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Kumano5 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Kumano5 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- WednesdaySep 25, 2019from Kumano5 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- ThursdaySep 26, 2019from Kumano5 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- FridaySep 27, 2019from Kumano5 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Kumano5 DaysWednesdayOct 2, 2019to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Kumano.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 25 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 November 2019, a minimum payment of $500 is required to confirm your booking with World Expeditions. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 70 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of World Expeditions. Please familiarise yourself with the World Expeditions payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Kumano (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,739 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,606 tours in Asia
- covered by 881 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike