Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike
- Our saving
- US $ 1,739
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Local Transport
- Carol Perry's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - Good
The tour was great but we were disappointed that the local company changed the accommodation to lower rated properties - it turned out that they had acquired a hotel chain and we were always switched to one of their hotels. This was particularly irritating... Read more
- Andrew Cliffe's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - Good
Great itinerary! Tour Guide Jack (Shangra La) was great & cared about our group and made sure a horse was avail for one in our party that needed some help to the next peak. Beautiful Monastery, and Tiger Leaping Gorge was fantastic (need more than an hour... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join Tanabe, welcome meal & briefing
- Day 2: Hike the Northern mountains to Hongu Shrine
- Day 3: Visit Nachi Taisha, hike from Nachi to Koguchi
- Day 4: Kogumotori-goe Pilgrim trail
- Day 5: In Kumano, trip concludes
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the closest international airport on this tour?
The closest international airport for this tour would be the Osaka international airport.
Is there a surcharge for travelling solo on this tour?
There is a separate price for the single traveller. Please contact us for more details.
Please can you advise of the finishing time of this tour and approximately how long it will take me to get back to Tokyo from our departure point?
You can finish the tour at any time you like - it ends after breakfast & your local guide can help with transport back to Tokyo.
It takes approximately 5 & 1/2 hours to catch the train back to Tokyo from Kii-Tanabe station (via Osaka) & about 2 hours from Kawayu Onsen to Kii-Tanabe station.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Kumano5 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Kumano5 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Kumano5 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Kumano5 DaysWednesdayNov 28, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Kumano5 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- MondayNov 26, 2018from Kumano5 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayNov 27, 2018from Kumano5 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Kumano5 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Kumano5 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Kumano5 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Kumano8 seats left$54USD $1,739Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Kumano.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this World Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 70 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 January 2019 the full payment of $1,739 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1739 for Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kumano (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,739 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,422 tours in Asia
- covered by 342 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Hike via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 34,605 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours