Mexico–Cities, Cuisine & Ruins
- Our saving
- US $ 959
- Mexico City
- Playa del Carmen
- Explore Zapotec ruins of Monte Albán
- Indulge in the beauty of Chiapas
- Escape to the beaches of Progreso
- Swim the crystal watered Cuzamá cenote
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Sleeper Bus
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- DDPGWritten on November 9, 20173.0 - AverageI just come back from Mexico with them and I have to say that I would not book a tour with them again. I have never been in an organized journey before, I do normally travel on my own but I considered that Mexico was quite unsafety for going on my own so I joined to one tour from Mexico City to Playa del Carmen after a conversation with the lady in the agency that let me know that we would use our own transportation. That wasnt true as we were using the local transportation, I am normally happy to do that but after hearing from some friends that someone break into the night bus and stole their belogings, i personally wanted to have a tour van but this never happened. The tour doesnt include that much for the 900 pounds that we paid, basically the public transportation (that cost less than 20 pounds per ticket) and hotel, that are really good quality but costs less that 40 pounds per night, so a rip off! Then you have to consider expending another 3000 extra in excursion, as they are not included and are ridicously expensive! For instance, visiting the boats on Xochimilco costs 1000 pesos with the tour per person, but I arranged the same on my own and we rent a boat for 1000 pesos that we paid between 8!!!! Or one of the days, in Merida, those who travelled with G adventures paid 750 pesos for visiting 2 cenotes and we paid the same amount for 5 cenotes and uxmal in a private van for 4. You can see that is a huge diference. Our guide was friendly but considering that he was living in the country, the only things that he knows well were the best places to have food and tequila. I would have appreciate more information about each city on the orientation walk, basically was a waste of time as I was more informed about those places than him. After paying all the tours (plus the tips for the drivers, for the individual guides, for the housekeepers, for the kitchen porters and so on) you have to pay the tips for the G adventures guide!! About 25 dollars per week per person. So my question is... what does exactly the tour includes for 900 pounds???Show detailed ratings
- BEBecWritten on September 29, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip on a whole was good there could be a few improvements thou. The independent guides were great and the places they took us to eat were awesome. Accom was mostly good with bring central and comfortable. I think it's worth g paying for the air con units in the jungle as that is unrealistic to expect people to sleep in that heat. On the negative the village tour after a 12 hr bus tour was ridiculous just seemed like a money making scheme everyone was disappointed by thst. Our guide should have told us more info as people were expected a small village. Maria was good however she lacked enthusiasm and happiness. Also most if the places she took us for food were horrendous especially for a cuisine tour.. Maria needed to explain a lot more to people of what to expect the Congo bongo for example she told us to go late however given how packed it was obtaining a prime spot by going earlier would have been better... Marias English also seemed to be hard to understand when she spoke to the whole group but was better in an individual basis.. All in all the tour was great value for moneyShow detailed ratings
- SDSarahWritten on March 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. The variety across the 2 weeks was fabulous and i truly think I saw the real Mexico, which was so different to what I expected! CEO Chris was fantastic, so helpful and friendly to everyone, and didn't mind how often I quizzed on what food he was going to order (because I wanted what he was getting!) The bus journeys were long at times, but always very comfortable so were never too bad. All in all, I loved this tour and would recommend anyone to do it.Show detailed ratings
- CChristieWritten on August 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentA last minute booking, a had no preconceptions about the tour. Going from Mexico City, a vibrant and busy city, to quiet and picturesque Puebla, interesting Oaxaca and the beautiful beach town of Puerto Escondido, there was a lot of variety, and I felt I saw many sides of Mexico. I fell in love with the food, we would visit local markets and buy lots of things on our guides reccomendation and share it, and visit local restaurants every evening too. Ernie our guide was infectiously enthusiastic, with great local knowledge and a fun personality. Our group loved him and the tour, and has made me since return to the region to explore it further! The tour I did was called Mexico food and culture, but it's since been changed and extended, although having been to the added destinations before, I would recommend it!Show detailed ratings
- RNRimWritten on May 2, 20163.5 - GoodThe tour was good. The guide was efficent, professional and overall a very nice guy. He wasn't from Mexico and his role revolved mostly around organizing travel logistics, which he did well. Some of the local guides were good, others less so. Expect to pay a lot more than the tour for actual acitivties as only one is included in the tour.Show detailed ratings
- AndreaWritten on March 1, 2013Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- GeorgWritten on February 28, 20134.5 - ExcellentCool trip, but very long turns by bus. The guide "el Sid" was great.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Mexico City
- Day 2 Mexico City
- Day 3 Mexico City/Puebla
- Day 4 Puebla/Oaxaca
- Day 5 Oaxaca
- Day 6 Oaxaca/San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- Day 7 San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- Day 8 San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- Day 9 San Cristóbal de Las Casas/Palenque
- Day 10 Palenque
- Day 11 Palenque/Mérida
- Day 12 Mérida
- Day 13 Mérida/Playa del Carmen (1D)
- Day 14 Playa del Carmen
- Day 15 Playa del Carmen
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
What is the age limit for this tour?
World Expeditions is a small group tour operator with a maximum group size of 16 on their tours.
- November 1, 2016
What are the Visa requirements?
Unfortunately TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
- November 1, 2016
Will accomodation be included?
Accommodation during this tour is factored into the tour price. This includes:
Simple hotels/hostels (12 nights, some multi-share), overnight bus (2 nights).
38 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Mexico–Cities, Cuisine & Ruins tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 10th March 20181 comment"Hey... I am on this trip... my 3rd time with gadventures... excitedly looking forward to this your meeting all the wonderful people in there.... "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shelby29th January 2018
Mexico–Cities, Cuisine & Ruins
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Playa del Carmen4 seats left$50USD $1,199Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Playa del CarmenOnly 1 seat left$50USD $1,199Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$290$1,249-23%USD $959
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$170$1,249-14%USD $1,079
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$46USD $1,103
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Mexico City is the starting point and Playa del Carmen is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 April 2018 the full payment of $959 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $959 for Mexico–Cities, Cuisine & Ruins, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Mexico City (Mexico)
- 107 km
- Puebla (Mexico)
- 267 km
- Oaxaca (Mexico)
- 442 km
- San Cristobel de Las Casas (Mexico)
- 110 km
- Palenque (Mexico)
- 459 km
- Merida (Mexico)
- 114 km
- Chichen Itza (Mexico)
- 155 km
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $959 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,119 tours in Latin America
- covered by 92 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mexico–Cities, Cuisine & Ruins