- Our saving
- US $ 1,121
- +3 Destinations
- Western Cuba
- Visit the limestone pincushion hills
- Go horseback riding in Viñales
- See how Cuban Cigars are made
- Enjoy the beaches of Maria la Gorda
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JRJanaWritten on January 2, 20183.5 - GoodAccomodation as expected. Casas particulares were ok, clean and hosts very friendly. Hotel in Maria del Gorda: not very clean (bathroom) and pillow was tattered/had a big hole. Hotel in Las Terazzas very good. Guide: gave a lot of information - good. A lot of documentaries were shown - was good. Would have been nice to have more local music playing when driving. Tried to adjust program acc. to requests of the group - very good. Partly lunch breaks too long (in Havanna for example) - not good. Maria del Gorda: beach at the end of the national tour was excellent. It would be recommendable to plan more time for that beach (not only 40 min.) if the group is ok with that. Maria del Gorda: very bad was, that the restaurant never had the food on the menu and the bar keeper could not mix cocktails. He was able to do only 2 cocktails as he told us. The next day he tried additionally a Pina Colada. All cocktails there were not good. The Pina Colada in the restaurant/hotel at the end of the National Park tour was excellent.Show detailed ratings
- DBDavidWritten on April 6, 20174.0 - GoodGood better best our guide Victor was the man Yes the man. Make him CEO of G ToursShow detailed ratings
- FFFongWritten on January 16, 20173.0 - AverageThe guide is inexperience and the tour does not cover a lot of sightseeing.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSorry things don't go according to plan here! We will try to do better.
- MatthewWritten on March 9, 20163.5 - GoodGreat tour with a very good guide. Great mix of people, lots of fun and time to relax.Show detailed ratings
- TETimothyWritten on February 23, 20164.0 - GoodThis was the first time we had been on a G Adventures tour. The information sent beforehand about what to take was good although it would have been helpful to have had some information about the need for protection from mosquitoes which were still a problem in February. The initial meeting place was centrally located in the 'Old Havana' area and reasonably easy to find. Our first night's acommodation in a 'Casa Particularies' was good, located in a traditional Havana home which had been rennovated by the Cuban owners. The room was clean and comfortable with basic furnishings. Our en suite bathroom was modern and tiled although we found that no water came out of the shower the following morning. (Expect the unexpected in Cuba!') When we made the owner aware the following morning he immediately attended to it. The tour guide, Ivan, always gave very clear instructions on where and when to meet,. The transport was a modern coach, comfortable and well driven by our driver for the week, Pablo. Ivan provided information during journeys and was always willing and able to answer all our questions and mixed well socially with all the group members. Our next stop, Vinales, was a small town in a very scenic area West of Havana. We stayed in our second Casa and were made very welcome by the widow who owned it despite her being unable to speak any English and us only able to speak very little Spanish. Lively conversations using 'Charades' enabled us to communicate enough to get by and made for an interesting stay! Again, the room was comfortable and basically furnished with a curtain screening our access to the bathroom from the living area and the bedroom of our hostess. A special shower head ensured hot showers throughout our stay. We had a good night's sleep but found the normal sounds of Cuba (crowing cockrells, barking dogs etc) something we were unused to!) In addition to breakfast (fresh pineapple, banana cheese, gouava paste (like a solid jam preserve) eggs and bread served with juice and coffee) we chose to eat at our casa the first evening. Our hostess asked what time we wished to eat and our meal of roast chicken and rice and salad was waiting for us when we returned. When we left, we gave our hostess a tip as a small token of our thanks, although this wasn't expected. I wished I had taken some photos of my home and family to show our host and had brought some small gift from home to give her. We chose to participate in a trek led by a local guide which was interesting, enjoyable and not very taxing for us who are not young or particularly fit. We also chose to eat with the group at a local eco friendly farm. Along with the excellent company of our group members, the food was traditional Cuban (meat, chicken and fish with salad, rice and fruit and Cuban rum cocktails). Our next stop was in Maria La Gorda in a modern hotel (for some reason, none of the bathrooms had toilet seats-expect the unexpected in Cuba!) however it did provide a quieter night's sleep and access to a stunning Carribean beach that provided a welcome day relaxing and snorkeling in the warm sea and in the evening, glorious sunsets and more rum cocktails.A morning's excursion with a local guide took us to the nesting places of Cuban alligators and the (empty) nests of turtles who return each year to lay their eggs. After this, we stayed in Soroa in a hotel which had an impressive outdoor swimming pool and individual cabins but lots of mosquitoes. Before returning to Havana we visited a 'model' communist community set in beautiful scenary. On our return to the city, we had our final stay in a casa which was again very basic with very dodgy plumbing and electrics which we chose not to use. Ivan's walking tour of old Havana gave us an overview and we had time to take a ride in an old american cadillacafterwards - very memorable, and have a Mojito in Hemingway's favourite bar. Overall, I would recommend G Adventures and this tour in particular. Don't bring lots of luggage, you won't need it but do bring long trousers and long sleeved shirts for the evenings to cut down on insect bites. Be open minded and don't expect everything to be as you may have been used to before after all this is Cuba and isn't that why you've chosen a holiday like this rather than 2 weeks in an all inclusive resort hotel? The Cuban people are friendly and welcoming and a G Adventures tour gives you ample opportunity to meet a range of people and experience a different culture first hand. I would have no hesitation in booking another tour and would like to return to Cuba to see how it develops in the future. I hope it is able to retain its current unique character.Show detailed ratings
- SuzanneWritten on April 9, 20154.5 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic and an excellent insight into Cuban life. We couldn't have asked for a better tour guide in Andy (Rioger Guilarte) whose knowledge and enthusiasm was endless. He couldn't do enough to make our trip the best experience that it could be and he has become a friend not just our guide! The tour had a nice balance of accommodation and choice of activities, whilst being adaptable when the weather was wet. I love that GAdventures put something back into the local community and visiting a Cuban fishing village for a meal and staying in Casas really made the trip memorable. I feel like we saw the real Cuba. On the back of our fantastic holiday I have already booked next year's GAdventures trip (India) :)Show detailed ratings
- MagdaWritten on November 30, 20144.5 - ExcellentHolidays of the lifetime so far. The tour was well organized and tour guide was really cool. All the accommodation was really good, I loved especially the homestays where you can experience real cuban vibe. And Maria la Gorda beach...little cuban paradise. Thinking about going on another Cuba trip very soon.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Havana
- Day 2 Havana/Viñales (1B)
- Day 3 Viñales (1B)
- Day 4 Viñales/María la Gorda (1B)
- Day 5 María la Gorda (1B)
- Day 6 María la Gorda/Las Terrazas (1B)
- Day 7 Las Terrazas/Havana (1B)
- Day 8 Havana (1B)
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Are airport transfers included on this tour?
Airport transfers are not included in the price of this tour. You can arrange to make your own way to the airport or, if you'd like, we can contact the tour operator for you to see if they can provide a pick-up service and what the cost would be. Let us know if you'd like us to do that.
- July 17, 2016
When does the tour start?
Please note the first day of the trip is designated as an arrival day and you can arrival at anytime. Your group will get moving the following day.
- May 1, 2016
Is flight included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jeanette24th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayMar 3, 2018to Havana0 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayMar 10, 2018to Havana0 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Havana0 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Havana0 seats left$36USD $1,449
- WednesdayApr 4, 2018from Havana8 DaysWednesdayApr 11, 2018to Havana7 seats left$162$1,319-10%USD $1,187
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Havana9 seats left$226$1,319-15%USD $1,121
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Havana9 seats left$162$1,319-10%USD $1,187
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Havana9 seats left$31USD $1,249
- WednesdayMay 9, 2018from Havana8 DaysWednesdayMay 16, 2018to Havana5 seats left$31USD $1,249
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Havana8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Havana9 seats left$31USD $1,249
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Havana.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 April 2018 the full payment of $1,121 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1121 for Cuba Libre, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Havana (Cuba)
- 148 km
- Vinales (Cuba)
- 36 km
- San Diego de los Banos (Cuba)
- 40 km
- Soroa (Cuba)
- 74 km
- Havana (Cuba)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,121 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,103 tours in Latin America
- covered by 91 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 23 travellers have already met
before they left for Cuba Libre tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cuba Libre