- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 5 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN TOKYO, JAPAN
- Day 2: TOKYO
- Day 3: TOKYO. MOUNT FUJI EXCURSION
- Day 4: TOKYO–MATSUMOTO–TAKAYAMA
- Day 5: TAKAYAMA
- Day 6: TAKAYAMA–SHIRAKAWA–KANAZAWA
- Day 7: KANAZAWA–KYOTO
- Day 8: KYOTO
- Day 9: KYOTO. NARA EXCURSION
- Day 10: KYOTO
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Operated by Globus
It began more than 90 years ago, when a young man purchased a boat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single boat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies? Today, the Globus family of brands is a global company reaching every corner of the world, yet remains family-owned and steeped in the values Antonio Mantegazza had when he set out across Lake Lugano in 1928 - to enlighten travelers by showing them the very best of the destinations we know so well. At Globus, we create first-class escorted tours with just the right balance of included features & free time. We’re all about hidden gems, not hidden charges. We throw in more visits, toss in more experiences & include more sightseeing, all in the price of the vacation.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- BHBrian· April 5th, 2019It was good that we got to the sites early to beat the crowds. Tomoko was a very caring and knowledgeable tour guide. The bus drivers were efficient and professional. I would definitely recommend this trip. At times, we were a bit rushed to get... Show moreTrip date: March 2019
- SMSusan· May 23rd, 2017The cultural aspect of the tour was excellent. I would have been happy with even more and a few fewer temples/shrines. Accommodations, transportation, and food were excellent. Special dinners were disappointing because two of the three were buffets,... Show moreTrip date: May 2017
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Tuesday4 Apr, 2023Thursday13 Apr, 2023EnglishBased on Double RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$5,029
- Tuesday11 Apr, 2023Thursday20 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,029
- Tuesday18 Apr, 2023Thursday27 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,029
- Tuesday25 Apr, 2023Thursday4 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,109
- Tuesday9 May, 2023Thursday18 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,029
- Tuesday16 May, 2023Thursday25 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,029
- Tuesday6 Jun, 2023Thursday15 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,029
- Tuesday12 Sep, 2023Thursday21 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,1090% Interest Instalments
- Tuesday26 Sep, 2023Thursday5 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,0290% Interest Instalments
- Tuesday3 Oct, 2023Thursday12 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,0290% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I receive a full refund if you are not able to confirm my travel plans for this reservation?
It generally takes 2 to 3 business days to receive a response as all hotels and transport suppliers need to be contacted. If space is available, you'll be booked and confirmed on the tour, if space is not available, then you will be issued a full refund.
- Are there any optional excursions available on this trip?
All listed activities are included in the price and you will see in the trip notes there are currently no optional excursions listed, which means great value for money. This is subject to change and availability.
- How do we travel around Japan?
You will be travelling via private coach and train. The average travel time varies from day to day and can be dependant on traffic - but your guide will ensure there are driving breaks every 2 hours at a minimum and that you are comfortable and breaking up the driving distances. The longest drive day is from Mt Fuji to Takysama via the Alps, and even this drive takes a maximum 5 hours if you drive straight there - you will be stopping to sightsee on the way, so no super long drive days.
- Are meals included?
Your meals are included and you will receive American breakfast daily, 5 lunches, 5 dinners including a welcome dinner in Tokyo and a farewell dinner in Kyoto.
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B.
- Type AJapan
- Type BJapan
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 15th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 15th, 2023, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Globus. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Globus will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Globus" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Japan
- Japan Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 2 Week (14 Days) Japan Travel Itineraries & Cost 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Japan from Tokyo
- Japan In-depth Cultural
- 10 days Japan
- From Tokyo to Kyoto
- Operators in Asia
- Southern Japan
- Discover Japan Tours in Japan
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Honshu Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Family Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Coach / Bus Tours
- Central Japan
- Southern Japan
- Japan tours