- Our saving
- US $ 4,084
- Rather Poor
- SMSusanWritten on May 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The cultural aspect of the tour was excellent. I would have been happy with even more and a few fewer temples/shrines. Accommodations, transportation, and food were excellent. Special dinners were disappointing because two of the three were buffets, which... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN TOKYO, JAPAN
- Day 2: TOKYO
- Day 3: TOKYO. MOUNT FUJI EXCURSION
- Day 4: TOKYO–MATSUMOTO–TAKAYAMA
- Day 5: TAKAYAMA
- Day 6: TAKAYAMA–SHIRAKAWA–KANAZAWA
- Day 7: KANAZAWA–KYOTO
- Day 8: KYOTO
- Day 9: KYOTO. NARA EXCURSION
- Day 10: KYOTO
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will I receive a full refund if you are not able to confirm my travel plans for this reservation?
It generally takes 2 to 3 business days to receive a response as all hotels and transport suppliers need to be contacted. If space is available, you'll be booked and confirmed on the tour, if space is not available, then you will be issued a full refund.
Are there any optional excursions available on this trip?
All listed activities are included in the price and you will see in the trip notes there are currently no optional excursions listed, which means great value for money. This is subject to change and availability.
How do we travel around Japan?
You will be travelling via private coach and train. The average travel time varies from day to day and can be dependant on traffic - but your guide will ensure there are driving breaks every 2 hours at a minimum and that you are comfortable and breaking up the driving distances. The longest drive day is from Mt Fuji to Takysama via the Alps, and even this drive takes a maximum 5 hours if you drive straight there - you will be stopping to sightsee on the way, so no super long drive days.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- TuesdayMar 26, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayApr 11, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 9, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to Kyoto0 seats leftUSD $4,299Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to Kyoto0 seats leftUSD $4,299Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to Kyoto0 seats leftUSD $4,299Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJun 20, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to Kyoto8 seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 20, 2019from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayAug 29, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$215$4,299-5%USD $4,084Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 January 2019 the full payment of $4,084 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4084 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 136 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 65 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 35 km
- Shirakawa (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 190 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 36 km
- Nara (Japan)
- 36 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,084 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,428 tours in Asia
- covered by 343 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan