- Our saving
- US $ 4,012
- Visit the Meiji Shrine
- Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony
- Explore Shokawa Valley
- Participate in a ryokan stay
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- SMSusanWritten on May 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe cultural aspect of the tour was excellent. I would have been happy with even more and a few fewer temples/shrines. Accommodations, transportation, and food were excellent. Special dinners were disappointing because two of the three were buffets, which don't promote getting to know your fellow travelers (also, we didn't have name tags) and none of the three had any special activity such as a speaker or music or entertainment. This tour had a full schedule with considerable walking and stair climbing, and limited free time - which was fine with me. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. Our guide was very knowledgeable, well organized, very helpful, and spoke English quite well.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN TOKYO, JAPAN
- Day 2: TOKYO
- Day 3: TOKYO. MOUNT FUJI EXCURSION
- Day 4: TOKYO–MATSUMOTO–TAKAYAMA
- Day 5: TAKAYAMA
- Day 6: TAKAYAMA–SHIRAKAWA–KANAZAWA
- Day 7: KANAZAWA–KYOTO
- Day 8: KYOTO
- Day 9: KYOTO. NARA EXCURSION
- Day 10: KYOTO
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Will I receive a full refund if you are not able to confirm my travel plans for this reservation?
It generally takes 2 to 3 business days to receive a response as all hotels and transport suppliers need to be contacted. If space is available, you'll be booked and confirmed on the tour, if space is not available, then you will be issued a full refund.
- September 1, 2016
Are there any optional excursions available on this trip?
All listed activities are included in the price and you will see in the trip notes there are currently no optional excursions listed, which means great value for money. This is subject to change and availability.
- September 1, 2016
How do we travel around Japan?
You will be travelling via private coach and train. The average travel time varies from day to day and can be dependant on traffic - but your guide will ensure there are driving breaks every 2 hours at a minimum and that you are comfortable and breaking up the driving distances. The longest drive day is from Mt Fuji to Takysama via the Alps, and even this drive takes a maximum 5 hours if you drive straight there - you will be stopping to sightsee on the way, so no super long drive days.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 10, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$176USD $4,223Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$176USD $4,223Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 22, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$176USD $4,223Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$387$4,399-9%USD $4,012Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$387$4,399-9%USD $4,012Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$387$4,399-9%USD $4,012Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to KyotoOnly 2 seats left$387$4,399-9%USD $4,012Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$176USD $4,223Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 14, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$176USD $4,223Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Kyoto7 seats left$387$4,399-9%USD $4,012Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 June 2018 the full payment of $4,012 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4012 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 80 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 40 km
- Lake Kawaguchi (Japan)
- 107 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 65 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 71 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 190 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,012 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,364 tours in Asia
- covered by 171 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan