Pyramids & Beaches
- Explore Cairo - the City of a Thousand Minarets
- See one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - the Great Pyramids of Giza
- Visit Valley of the Kings
- Enjoy blinding beauty of Dahab
- Sail down Egypt's ancient trading highway
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Bus
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- NNicWritten on November 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentI did the pyramids and beaches tour through Egypt in October and it was hands down the best experience of my life! Ramzy was the best tour guide I could ever ask for but I met so many amazing people along the way. The local guides in each place were so informative and lovely people who went out of their way to give all of us a great experience. Best two weeks of my life!Show detailed ratings
- AdrianaWritten on October 8, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was an absolutely amazing experience. It was the perfect mix of city, pyramids, temples and history in week 1, and relaxation and adventure in week 2, from hot air ballooning to scuba diving at the blue hole. Our tour guide was also amazing and relaxed with heaps of knowledge and handy tips.Show detailed ratings
- MarkWritten on August 28, 20155.0 - ExcellentI visited Egypt in August 2015 and I always felt safe with Topdeck Tours. Rafik was an excellent Tour Manager. He is polite, helpful, knowledgeable, and went out of his way to make sure we had a good time in Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- RFRonielWritten on August 9, 20144.5 - ExcellentThe pyramids and beaches tour offered by topdeck is the best value out of all their Egypt tours. The reason being is because you visit the historical landmarks in one week, and then the following week you're relaxing in the best beach the middle east has to offer on the red sea. Our tour leader (Waleed aka Will) went out of his way to make sure our trip went smoothly and ensured our safety throughout the country. He also offered the best advice in terms of buying souveneirs/how to haggle/places to eat/etc, so it is definitely recommended that you pay attention to what your tour leader informs you. I highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- SSonjaWritten on May 14, 20144.5 - ExcellentBest tour in Egypt! Felt completely comfortable with great atmosphere; range of people; very knowledge guides; all taken well care of; best topdeck tour yet! Especially Dahab; it is a must for anyone wanting to see and do everything Egypt has to offer.Show detailed ratings
- KateWritten on December 13, 20135.0 - ExcellentI went to Egypt with Topdeck last year and had the time of my life! I was picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel. I met the group the following day and they were a great bunch of people. Our guide Ahmed was incredible. He had so much knowledge and it was really interesting speaking to him about Egyptian culture and tradition. We had local guides and Egyptologists at the major sites so I learnt a lot about the amazing history of the country. The food was great, the accommodation was all twin share and in Dahab we had an amazing swimming pool. I was a bit nervous to go to Egypt with the political unrest- but Ahmed and Topdeck made me feel safe and I am so glad to have experienced Egypt! :o)Show detailed ratings
- DavidWritten on April 30, 20134.5 - ExcellentWords can't explain this tour or our tour leader, but ill try anyway! We first arrived in to Cairo and were transferred across town through the crazy Cairo traffic (loved it) to our hotel to meet our tour leader (Willy) and the rest of our tour group. A small group, only 7 but we instantly clicked into a small family, In this 15 day tour we visited Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simble, Sailed the Nile for 3 days & Dahab on the red sea including some of the most famous tombs and temples in the world and the Great Pyramids Of Giza. a highlight.. I have traveled a lot and no country has made me feel like Egypt did. absolutely an amazing place. A lot of my fantastic experiences of Egypt came from our tour leader. Willy was an excellent guide, so knowledgable and passionate about his culture/country & his people. Even though Egypt has had trouble recently there was not one second that i felt unsafe even when i still believed the Nile had crocodiles lol. This was the best trip of my life and met the most amazing people and saw the most amazing things.. if i could do this over and over again i would!Show detailed ratings
- MamyWritten on March 18, 2013Show detailed ratings3.5 - Good
- SamanthaWritten on March 30, 20123.0 - AverageThis tour was both very affordable and perfect for the individual who wishes to see virtually everything Egypt has to offer in a relatively short period of time. Aladdin, our tour leader, was fantastic! The sights were brilliant and my fellow travelers were lovely. And, most importantly, it was an experience I will never forget. The accommodation and food were average but that is what is to be expected when one does a budget tour. My biggest issue with the trip was how expensive the optionals were when, in reality, the local suppliers offered much lower prices. Topdeck keenly says it is simply an agent but the discrepancy between the listed prices and the local offers was huge! My advice to future travelers on this tour, go with a local supplier (on the promenades of Dahab, for example) when opting to do the quad biking, snorkeling and diving. Cheers :)Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 3, 2009Pyramids and Beaches....sounds ancient, yet exotic doesn't it :) It is...amazing! I had wanted to visit Egypt my entire life, I saved an entire year to go on this trip and I wasn't disappointed. Like everything, not all things are as you would imagine them to be, but surprises come in all sorts of packages!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo, Egypt
- Day 2: Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
- Day 3: Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan to Felucca Sailing
- Day 5: Felucca Sailing
- Day 6: Felucca Sailing to Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor to Cairo via Overnight Coach
- Day 8: Cairo
- Day 9: Cairo to Dahab
- Day 10: Dahab
- Day 11: Dahab
- Day 12: Dahab
- Day 13: Dahab
- Day 14: Dahab to Cairo
- Day 15: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on the trips?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com .
- April 23, 2015
What is the local payment?
The local payment for Pyramids & Beaches by Topdeck is a compulsory cost that is paid upon arrival to your local tour guide.
Your guide will use the amount to cover food purchases, camping costs and other local activities mentioned in the tour itinerary.
The other added benefit is that It also allows you to save part of the full tour price amount until the tour departs, instead of paying for the full trip upfront.
- March 27, 2015
I've never been to Africa but it's always been a dream of mine. I'm a little scared to travel alone. Do you have any suggestions for myself?
Africa is an amazing place and travelling on a tour will be the best option as a solo traveler. You will meet so many interesting people, all ready for an adventure like you!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Max group size
- 30 is the maximum group size for Pyramids & Beaches.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 June 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Pyramids & Beaches, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 138 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 153 km
- Dahab (Egypt)
- 362 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,088 tours in Africa
- covered by 103 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Pyramids & Beaches