The Best of the Balkans
Corners of the World Sale
ends on 25 Jul 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 3,445
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
- Journey through more than five countries
- Drive along the famous Ringstrasse (Vienna's main boulevard)
- Hear about fascinating histories from local guides
- Visit different UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enjoy a traditional dinner in Athen
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
Start in Dubrovnik and end in Athens! With the discovery tour The Best of the Balkans, you have a 17 day tour package taking you from Dubrovnik to Athens and through Dubrovnik, Croatia and 12 other destinations in Europe. The Best of the Balkans includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
Other reviews about Globus:Write a review
- Rachel O'Hanlon's review about another Globus tour4.5 - ExcellentWe had a excellent trip. It was fast moving and each day was busy with something to do. Our tour guide was so helpful an... Read more
- Veronica Brewer's review about another Globus tour4.5 - ExcellentThis was an excellent way to see a lot of the Republic of Ireland in a short period of time. Personally I felt too long... Read more
- Brian Wood's review about another Globus tour5.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour, but way more walking than I expected. Wore me out.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: DUBROVNIK, CROATIA
- Day 2: DUBROVNIK
- Day 3: DUBROVNIK–MOSTAR, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA–SARAJEVO
- Day 4: SARAJEVO
- Day 5: SARAJEVO–BELGRADE, SERBIA
- Day 6: BELGRADE
- Day 7: BELGRADE–TIMISOARA, ROMANIA–SIBIU
- Day 8: SIBIU–SIGHISOARA–BRASOV
- Day 9: BRASOV–BRAN CASTLE–BUCHAREST
- Day 10: BUCHAREST
- Day 11: BUCHAREST–RUSE, BULGARIA–SOFIA
- Day 12: SOFIA
- Day 13: SOFIA–RILA–THESSALONIKA, GREECE
- Day 14: THESSALONIKA–THERMOPYLAE–ATHENS
- Day 15: ATHENS
- Day 16: ATHENS
- Day 17: ATHENS
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
The Best of the Balkans
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $3,469Based on Double Room
- WednesdayAug 8, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $3,469Based on Double Room
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $3,469Based on Double Room
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $3,469Based on Double Room
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Athens7 seats leftUSD $3,469Based on Double Room
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to AthensOnly 2 seats leftUSD $3,529Based on Double Room
- WednesdaySep 26, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $3,529Based on Double Room
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Athens10+ seats leftUSD $3,529Based on Double Room
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to AthensOnly 2 seats left$383$3,828-10%USD $3,445Based on Double Room
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from Dubrovnik17 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$386$3,851-10%USD $3,465Based on Double Room
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia, Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Dubrovnik is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 September 2018 the full payment of $3,445 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3445 for The Best of the Balkans, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,854 km.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 79 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 206 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 127 km
- Timisoara (Romania)
- 203 km
- Sibiu (Romania)
- 69 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 295 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,445 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,718 tours in Europe
- covered by 241 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 19,110 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours