Madeira Island Walking
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 02:30:58
- Our saving
- US $ 1,085
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Funchal! With the self-guided tour Madeira Island Walking, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Funchal, Portugal and 5 other destinations in Portugal. Madeira Island Walking includes more.
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about UTracks:Write a review
- Kim's review about another UTracks tour4.0 - GoodLove my trip! Hope to visit this place once again.
- Loretta Lyons's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - ExcellentI had such a wonderful time on this tour. I am not much of a cyclist and the cycling was tiring at times (possibly most... Read more
- Bob Fife's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - ExcellentThe food was excellent. Thank you Erika and Christina. The captain and his first mate on the Ave Maria were excellent. T... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Madeira, Funchal Airport
- Day 2: Walk to Marocos 12.2 km /7.5 miles, 3 h or to Porto da Cruz 12.2 km/7.5 miles, 5 h
- Day 3: Sao Lourenco peninsula 9.12km /4 h or Monte to Camacha 12 km/7.5 miles, 4.5 h
- Day 4: Camacha to Santo da Serra along the Levada dos Tornos 17 km /11 miles, 4-5h
- Day 5: Santo da Serra to Ribeiro Frio 13.5 km /8.3 miles, 5 h
- Day 6: Achada to Teixeira to Encumeada 16 km /10 miles, 6 h
- Day 7: Encumeada to Funchal 10.5 km/6.3 miles, 4 h or 15.3 km/9.5 miles, 5.5 h
- Day 8: Arrangements end after breakfast
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
Is this a self guided tour?
UTracks has a mix of guided treks and walking tours as well as self-guided ones. This particular one is a self-guided tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Madeira Island Walking
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Funchal8 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Funchal8 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Funchal8 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Funchal8 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Funchal8 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Funchal8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Funchal8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Funchal8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Funchal8 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Funchal8 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$45USD $1,085Based on Twin Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Funchal.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $1,085 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1085 for Madeira Island Walking, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 57 km.
- Funchal (Portugal)
- 14 km
- Machico (Portugal)
- 8 km
- Camacha (Portugal)
- 6 km
- Santo da Serra (Portugal)
- 6 km
- Parque Natural do Ribeiro Frio (Portugal)
- 11 km
- Parque Natural da Madeira (Portugal)
- 12 km
- Funchal (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,085 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Madeira Island Walking via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17,965 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours