Madeira Island Walking
- Our saving
- US $ 1,031
- Sasha Letourneau's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
The trip was fantastic overall! I loved it so much! There were times when the trip notes were a bit inaccurate and were hard to follow but the signage on the trail was so good that it was never too big of an issue.The hotels were clean, usually friendly... Read more
- Michelle Burkholder's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
I absolutely loved this tour. A great balance between hiking and climbing, amazing food, great wine, local specialties and activities, culture, history, (and more hiking!!) The airline lost my luggage, and Satva graciously handled all follow-up... Read more
- Ron Hankins's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
We were not given a GPS as advrtised and had to rely on printed maps and directions which were confusing. I had to use my cell for map assistance at additional expense for me. The wrong maps were provided for the last 2 days and we had to have hotel staff... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Madeira, Funchal Airport
- Day 2: Walk to Marocos 12.2 km /7.5 miles, 3 h or to Porto da Cruz 12.2 km/7.5 miles, 3.5 h
- Day 3: Sao Lourenco peninsula 9.12km /5.7 miles, 3.5 h
- Day 4: Camacha to Santo da Serra along the Levada dos Tornos 17 km /11 miles, 4h
- Day 5: Santo da Serra to Ribeiro Frio 13.5 km /8.3 miles, 5 - 6 h
- Day 6: Achada to Teixeira to Encumeada 16 km /10 miles, 6 h
- Day 7: Encumeada to Funchal 10.5 km/6.3 miles, 4 h or 15.3 km/9.5 miles, 5 - 6 h
- Day 8: Arrangements end after breakfast
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this a self guided tour?
UTracks has a mix of guided treks and walking tours as well as self-guided ones. This particular one is a self-guided tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Peter11th December 2018
Madeira Island Walking
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayJan 25, 2019from Funchal8 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Funchal8 DaysSaturdayFeb 2, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Funchal8 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- MondayJan 28, 2019from Funchal8 DaysMondayFeb 4, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- TuesdayJan 29, 2019from Funchal8 DaysTuesdayFeb 5, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- WednesdayJan 30, 2019from Funchal8 DaysWednesdayFeb 6, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- ThursdayJan 31, 2019from Funchal8 DaysThursdayFeb 7, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- FridayFeb 1, 2019from Funchal8 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Funchal8 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Funchal8 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to FunchalOnly 2 seats left$43USD $1,031Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Funchal.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 March 2019 the full payment of $1,031 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1031 for Madeira Island Walking, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Funchal (Portugal)
- 14 km
- Machico (Portugal)
- 8 km
- Camacha (Portugal)
- 6 km
- Santo da Serra (Portugal)
- 6 km
- Parque Natural do Ribeiro Frio (Portugal)
- 11 km
- Parque Natural da Madeira (Portugal)
- 12 km
- Funchal (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,031 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,329 tours in Europe
- covered by 336 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Madeira Island Walking via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 24,531 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours