The Best of the British Isles
- Our saving
- US $ 4,419
- Rather Poor
- HHeideWritten on June 25, 20183.0 - AverageThe tour felt more like a school field trip. I LOVE history but the long hours on the bus listening to someone ramble on and on wasn’t any fun. Speaking of fun, there was no fun on the tour. We had fun when we were able to venture on our own but the tour director made it feel like a work trip. We also were dropped off in the middle of no where for hours at a time. No one knew what to do. Instead we all just waited around for the bus to return to us. I would suggest stopping for bathroom breaks for 15minutes and let us arrive at our hotel earlier in the day so we can explore the town in which we were staying. The food provided was cheap. Speaking of food... one of the included meals was tiny finger sandwiches and a cup of soup. The entire 8 person table top had to share a small plate of tiny “sandwiches” (probably equaled to 3 sandwiches cut up). We were in the middle of nowhere and no where else to eat. When we finally got to our hotel we all scrambled to find food. Most of the hotels were nice. There is NO where to do self service laundry and if there was we had arrived to late in the day and they were closed. When we asked the tour guide, Julian, he responded rudely, “you should have brought enough clothes”. We had been in Britain for a month. There’s no way we could have packed that much clothes. Plus everyone else was needing to wash clothes as well. I have been on other tours before and had great times, unfortunately this one was not the same.Show detailed ratings
- JCJanetWritten on August 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Best of the British Isles What a magnificent trip. More than we had expected, hotels were central locations, historic, food good, great sights. The best part of our tour was our director Hugh Davies......a historian, linguist and professional. His leadership and hosting ability made it the perfect trip. The pace was perfect. We have already booked our 3rd Globus tour.Show detailed ratings
- SNSteveWritten on November 24, 20155.0 - ExcellentThe trip was top notch in every way. With the Globus folks dealing with all the details, it was the best trip we have ever experienced. The itinerary was fun and educational. We would recommend this trip or any other Glubus tour. We loved it.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN LONDON, ENGLAND
- Day 2: LONDON
- Day 3: LONDON–OXFORD–STRATFORD-UPON-AVON–WARWICK
- Day 4: WARWICK–YORK
- Day 5: YORK–JEDBURGH, SCOTLAND–ABBOTSFORD–EDINBURGH
- Day 6: EDINBURGH
- Day 7: EDINBURGH–ST. ANDREWS–PITLOCHRY–CULLODEN–INVERNESS
- Day 8: INVERNESS–FORT WILLIAM–GLASGOW
- Day 9: GLASGOW–GRETNA GREEN–LAKE DISTRICT, ENGLAND–LIVERPOOL
- Day 10: LIVERPOOL–NORTH WALES–DUBLIN, IRELAND
- Day 11: DUBLIN
- Day 12: DUBLIN–KILDARE–CASHEL–LIMERICK
- Day 13: LIMERICK. WEST COAST EXCURSION
- Day 14: LIMERICK–ADARE–RING OF KERRY–KILLARNEY
- Day 15: KILLARNEY–BLARNEY–WATERFORD
- Day 16: WATERFORD–CARDIFF, WALES
- Day 17: CARDIFF–BATH, ENGLAND–DARTMOOR–EXETER
- Day 18: EXETER. CORNWALL EXCURSION
- Day 19: EXETER–STONEHENGE–LONDON
- Day 20: LONDON
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are the predominant age groups for the 20 day Best of the British Isles tour?
As the tour is a luxury brand, we find the average age of people on this tour are people in their 50s - early 60s. Having said that, these tours also attract the odd couple in their 30s for example.
If my wife and I were to decide to go with this trip who organises the airfare and with what airlines?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
The Best of the British Isles
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from London20 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJul 31, 2018from London20 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats leftUSD $4,679Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from London20 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats leftUSD $4,679Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 14, 2018from London20 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to London10+ seats leftUSD $4,679Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 21, 2018from London20 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to London10+ seats leftUSD $4,679Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from London20 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to London10+ seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from London20 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to London7 seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from London20 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to London10+ seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from London20 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from London20 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $4,529Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 September 2018 the full payment of $4,419 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4419 for The Best of the British Isles, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 82 km
- Oxford (England)
- 58 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 13 km
- Warwick (England)
- 190 km
- York (England)
- 259 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 83 km
- Braemar (Scotland)
- 72 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 90 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,419 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,658 tours in Europe
- covered by 239 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Best of the British Isles