Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland)
- Our saving
- US $ 825
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- Aangiehumphrys@y7mail.comWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentI traveled with Topdeck in NZ with Taimi as my tour guide. Taimi is just a kickass cool chick with the greatest knowledge. Taimi had all the answers to every question we had and just such an extensive knowledge of everything. She was fun too, always knew where to party cheap- and buying us all Birthday shots! She had great stories and legends of Maori culture to share, she kept everyone entertained and happy!Show detailed ratings
- KKatherineWritten on July 27, 20154.0 - GoodAwesome experience, gave us a good taste of the north island. Definitely recommend taking the 'Rock the Boat' optional and doing the night kayaking. Our trip leader was Lauren, she works over in Australia and was filling in for a few weeks, so she didn't know absolutely everything but she knew enough and what she didn't know our bus driver Prickles knew (Actually he knew everything). We made some awesome friends and I definitely recommend this as a great way to get to see New Zealand. The Tour does pick up/drop people off at different points in time so make sure you ask those who are there how long they're staying on for. Some of our friends continued on and were doing the Grand Kiwi, and from what I've seen and heard - it's an awesome way to travel NZ. After our tour we headed down to Queenstown on our own for a week, while we were there the Top Deck tour we were on came into Queenstown so we got to see some of our friends again. By that time they had gotten a new trip leader who was a local - Lance, who knew all the bar managers at different places often getting us cheaper drinks. Its awesome to travel with a trip leader that know the route because they often tell you the locals places to go and can get you good deals. Or in our case... Lauren convinced the manager of the Skotel to somehow get some more vodka because we kind of drank it all.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Rotorua
- Day 2: Rotorua
- Day 3: Rotorua to Tongariro National Park
- Day 4: Tongariro National Park
- Day 5: Tongariro National Park to Wellington
- Day 6: Tongariro National Park
- Day 7: Tongariro National Park to Wellington
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2016
Can children join this tour?
This tour is for travellers 18-35 unfortunately and children are not allowed.
- January 1, 2016
What is the accommodation setup for this tour?
You will use a variety of multi-share accommodation, which may include hotels, hostels, motels, cabins, an overnight boat and even a traditional Maori marae! The number of people in a room varies depending on the type of accommodation. To keep costs down accommodation is based on a four-share, same sex basis. If you are travelling with a friend and require twin or double accommodation, this is available at a small extra charge and can be requested at the time of booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from AucklandFridayNov 3, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- FridayNov 10, 2017from AucklandThursdayNov 16, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- FridayNov 24, 2017from AucklandThursdayNov 30, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- WednesdayNov 29, 2017from AucklandTuesdayDec 5, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$115Price$940-12%USD $825Based on Multi-ShareOnly 2 spaces left
- SundayDec 3, 2017from AucklandSaturdayDec 9, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 16, 2017from AucklandFridayDec 22, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$115Price$940-12%USD $825Based on Multi-Share9 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- ThursdayJan 4, 2018from AucklandWednesdayJan 10, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SundayJan 7, 2018from AucklandSaturdayJan 13, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SaturdayJan 20, 2018from AucklandFridayJan 26, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SundayJan 28, 2018from AucklandSaturdayFeb 3, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$24PriceUSD $916Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 36 is the maximum group size for Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 December 2017 the full payment of $825 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $825 for Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $825 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 862 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 51 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 46 travellers have already met
before they left for Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland)