Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) 2017-18
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- THTysonWritten on April 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentReally great holiday! So much fun.Fantastic leadership and organisation by our guide and solid driving and coach management by our driver. One tip....just dont be late to the Bus!Show detailed ratings
- CMConnorWritten on February 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentA great trip despite being comfortably the oldest on the bus. Great people, Scott the guide and Emily the driver were fantastic; really friendly and helpful. A good mix of culture and adventure.Show detailed ratings
- jeniseWritten on November 25, 20174.0 - GoodOur guide aND driver was amazing The tour was exactly as described. However, tongariro park should be an optional excursion. Not everyone wants to hike 19km and there were no other options for the day. Also, the skotel should not be used for accommodation. The skotel was the worst. There were two bathrooms and two showers for thirty women. Also, there was nothing to keep anyone entertained at the skotel.Show detailed ratings
- JJessieWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhole trip was amazing! Would definitely do it again with TopdeckShow detailed ratings
- Aangiehumphrys@y7mail.comWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentI traveled with Topdeck in NZ with Taimi as my tour guide. Taimi is just a kickass cool chick with the greatest knowledge. Taimi had all the answers to every question we had and just such an extensive knowledge of everything. She was fun too, always knew where to party cheap- and buying us all Birthday shots! She had great stories and legends of Maori culture to share, she kept everyone entertained and happy!Show detailed ratings
- KKatherineWritten on July 27, 20154.0 - GoodAwesome experience, gave us a good taste of the north island. Definitely recommend taking the 'Rock the Boat' optional and doing the night kayaking. Our trip leader was Lauren, she works over in Australia and was filling in for a few weeks, so she didn't know absolutely everything but she knew enough and what she didn't know our bus driver Prickles knew (Actually he knew everything). We made some awesome friends and I definitely recommend this as a great way to get to see New Zealand. The Tour does pick up/drop people off at different points in time so make sure you ask those who are there how long they're staying on for. Some of our friends continued on and were doing the Grand Kiwi, and from what I've seen and heard - it's an awesome way to travel NZ. After our tour we headed down to Queenstown on our own for a week, while we were there the Top Deck tour we were on came into Queenstown so we got to see some of our friends again. By that time they had gotten a new trip leader who was a local - Lance, who knew all the bar managers at different places often getting us cheaper drinks. Its awesome to travel with a trip leader that know the route because they often tell you the locals places to go and can get you good deals. Or in our case... Lauren convinced the manager of the Skotel to somehow get some more vodka because we kind of drank it all.Show detailed ratings
- RitaWritten on September 11, 20125.0 - ExcellentWhere do I begin describing this trip?? This trip was absolutely amazing, from the countries that we visited right down to the Topdeck crew!! Our trip leader was a bloody legend and had a wicked sense of humour! Our cook was beyond great considering all the diet requirements that he had to cook for. And our bus driver drove through Scandinavia as if he knew the roads off the back of his hands. All up I could not recommend this tour enough...from the midnight sun in Nordkapp and the bobsledding in Lillehammer to the Sea Fortress and markets in Helsinki this trip I would do all over again in a heartbeat!! I have defintely made friends and family jealous after showing them all the amazing photos!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Bay of Islands
- Day 2: Bay of Islands
- Day 3: Bay of Islands to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Rotorua
- Day 5: Rotorua to Tongariro National Park
- Day 6: Tongariro National Park
- Day 7: Tongariro National Park to Wellington
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
- Ski New Zealand - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2016
Can children join this tour?
This tour is for travellers 18-35 unfortunately and children are not allowed.
- January 1, 2016
What is the accommodation setup for this tour?
You will use a variety of multi-share accommodation, which may include hotels, hostels, motels, cabins, an overnight boat and even a traditional Maori marae! The number of people in a room varies depending on the type of accommodation. To keep costs down accommodation is based on a four-share, same sex basis. If you are travelling with a friend and require twin or double accommodation, this is available at a small extra charge and can be requested at the time of booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Megan5th November 2017
Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) 2017-18
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Auckland8 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Wellington4 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- ThursdayMay 3, 2018from Wellington8 DaysThursdayMay 10, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Wellington8 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Auckland8 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Wellington4 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Wellington8 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Auckland8 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Wellington5 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Wellington8 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Auckland5 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Auckland8 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Wellington0 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Wellington8 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Auckland8 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Wellington5 seats left$48USD $1,151Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 36 is the maximum group size for Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) 2017-18.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 June 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) 2017-18, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 805 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Explorer (ex. Auckland) 2017-18