Best Of Russia
- Our saving
- US $ 1,279
- St Petersburg
- Take a locally guided tour of historical St. Petersburg
- Watch and enjoy a traditional Russian Ballet in St. Petersburg
- Eat some traditional Russian recipes with the locals
- Enjoy delicious and traditional Russian food in the city
- Tour Moscow's historical communist-era Metro, now an art gallery
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive St. Petersburg
- Day 2: St. Petersburg
- Day 3: St. Petersburg
- Day 4: St. Petersburg to Novgorod
- Day 5: Novgorod to Moscow via Klin
- Day 6: Moscow
- Day 7: Moscow
- Day 8: Depart Moscow
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- EElizabethSidamonEristoffWritten on July 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was amazing in all ways
- MPMicahWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Best of Russia tour was better than I had hoped. We hit all the highlights and had plenty of free time to wander around two magnificent cities. Greg is a wealth of knowledge and a fantastic guide. His recommendations are stellar and his mien delightful.
- KLKaylaWritten on June 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I cannot say enough good things about Greg! I have done quite a few tours and he was definitely one of the best trip managers I've had! He is so organised and helpful and very approachable. Contiki is very lucky to have such a knowledgable and awesome guy... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the meeting point for this trip?
The joining hotel on this tour is the St Petersburg Hotel but you would have to make your own way to the hotel, they do not offer transfers on this one.
As I will arrive in St Petersburg on 3 June and will spend most of my times in the historic hub myself before the tour starts on 15 June. I join the tour mainly for the destinations in Petrodvorets and Novogrod. I wonder whether I can stay in Novogrod if I want to stay longer than the tour plans to stay. Further, after the tour I need to return to St. Petersburg, does TourRadar organize train or coach transport. Look forward to hearing from you
You can certainly jump off the tour at any point if you wish, but this tour is fixed-dated, not hop on/hop off. Any deviation would be at your own cost, and Contiki does not pro-rate the cost of a booking on this basis. We can add extra nights of accommodation before or after your tour at the hotel property used by Contiki, but we do not book train or coach transport exclusively.
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Guides who have led this tour
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Cameron13th July 2019
Best Of Russia
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- WednesdayMay 20, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayMay 27, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$426$1,705-25%USD $1,279+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayMay 27, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayJun 3, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$426$1,705-25%USD $1,279+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayJun 10, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayJun 17, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$426$1,705-25%USD $1,279+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayJul 1, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayJul 8, 2020to Moscow9 seats left$446$1,785-25%USD $1,339+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayJul 8, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayJul 15, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$446$1,785-25%USD $1,339+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- FridayJul 17, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysFridayJul 24, 2020to Moscow8 seats left$446$1,785-25%USD $1,339+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayJul 22, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayJul 29, 2020to MoscowUSD $1,785+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- FridayJul 24, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysFridayJul 31, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$446$1,785-25%USD $1,339+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayAug 12, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdayAug 19, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$446$1,785-25%USD $1,339+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
- WednesdayAug 26, 2020from St Petersburg8 DaysWednesdaySep 2, 2020to Moscow10+ seats left$436$1,745-25%USD $1,309+ $170 Food Fund Best Of RussiaSharing a multi-bed room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- St Petersburg is the starting point and Moscow is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 23 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 January 2020, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Contiki. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Contiki. Please familiarise yourself with the Contiki payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 165 km
- Novgorod (Russia)
- 407 km
- Klin (Russia)
- 84 km
- Moscow (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,279 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,470 tours in Europe
- covered by 529 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best Of Russia