Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way
- Our saving
- US $ 938
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Starnberg
- Day 2: Starnberg to Diessen 20 km/12.5 miles, 5 - 5.5 h
- Day 3: Diessen to Hohenpeissenberg Unterbau 25.5 km/16 miles, 7 h
- Day 4: Hohenpeissenberg Unterbau to Rottenbuch 15 km/9.3 miles, 4 h
- Day 5: Rottenbuch to Trauchgau 20 km/12.5 miles, 5 h or Buching 25 km/15 miles, 6 h
- Day 6: Trauchgau to Füssen 25.5 km/16 miles, 7 h, or from Buching 22 km/13.6 miles, 6.5 h
- Day 7: Explore Füssen
- Day 8: Arrangements end after breakfast
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- David VWritten on August 9, 20195.0 - Excellent
Our Tourradar/Sherpa Expeditions hiking tour was King Ludwig's Way (26 July through 2 August). That my son, Michael, and I enjoyed it very much is perhaps an understatement. We had no mishaps and had very co-operating weather. We were exposed to and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsUTracks commented on this reviewGreat to read your excellent review David and Michael, We hope to welcome you on another walking holiday with Sherpa ExpeditionsReview collected by UTracks
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this a fully guided or self guided tour?
This is a self guided walk, there is no guide or group. We will provide the route notes and maps. It is a popular area for walking but hard to know if others will be following the same paths as you on the same days.
Will there be any accommodation provided?
We will book your accommodation and provide the daily luggage transfers so you are just walking with your day pack and also provide the route notes and maps.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Valentina19th April 2019
Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- MondayOct 21, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysMondayOct 28, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- TuesdayOct 22, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- FridayMay 1, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysSaturdayMay 9, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
- SundayMay 3, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysSundayMay 10, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
- MondayMay 4, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysMondayMay 11, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
- TuesdayMay 5, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysTuesdayMay 12, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
- WednesdayMay 6, 2020from Starnberg8 DaysWednesdayMay 13, 2020to FussenOnly 2 seats left$136$1,074-13%USD $938Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Starnberg is the starting point and Fussen is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 30 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 30 December 2019, a minimum payment of $500 is required to confirm your booking with UTracks. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of UTracks. Please familiarise yourself with the UTracks payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Starnberg (Germany)
- 5 km
- Maisinger See (Germany)
- 8 km
- Herrsching am Ammersee (Germany)
- 7 km
- Diessen (Germany)
- 18 km
- Hohenpeissenberg (Germany)
- 2 km
- Unterbau (Germany)
- 13 km
- Ammerschlucht (Germany)
- 7 km
- Rottenbuch (Germany)
- 8 km
- Wies (Germany)
- 7 km
- Trauchgau (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $938 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,205 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 31,062 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours