Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way
- Our saving
- US $ 1,042
- +10 Destinations
- Brad's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
This was such a great urban adventure and a brilliant way to take in Berlin. I had no idea that the wall was so huge! I rode an e-bike, which made it easy (even though it was mainly flat!) and the directions were great although I did use the GPX files which... Read more
- Rittehouse's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
Trip was good in many ways. Would like better written instructions for self-guided ride along with potential stops to see. Guide was effective but English could be better. Felt that other guide was giving better description to other language. Boat staff... Read more
- Ron Hankins's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
We were not given a GPS as advrtised and had to rely on printed maps and directions which were confusing. I had to use my cell for map assistance at additional expense for me. The wrong maps were provided for the last 2 days and we had to have hotel staff... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Starnberg
- Day 2: Starnberg to Diessen 20 km/12.5 miles, 5 - 5.5 h
- Day 3: Diessen to Hohenpeissenberg Unterbau 25.5 km/16 miles, 7 h
- Day 4: Hohenpeissenberg Unterbau to Rottenbuch 15 km/9.3 miles, 4 h
- Day 5: Rottenbuch to Trauchgau 20 km/12.5 miles, 5 h or Buching 25 km/15 miles, 6 h
- Day 6: Trauchgau to Füssen 25.5 km/16 miles, 7 h, or from Buching 22 km/13.6 miles, 6.5 h
- Day 7: Explore Füssen
- Day 8: Arrangements end after breakfast
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this a fully guided or self guided tour?
This is a self guided walk, there is no guide or group. We will provide the route notes and maps. It is a popular area for walking but hard to know if others will be following the same paths as you on the same days.
Will there be any accommodation provided?
We will book your accommodation and provide the daily luggage transfers so you are just walking with your day pack and also provide the route notes and maps.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- FridayMay 3, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysWednesdayMay 15, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Starnberg8 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to FussenOnly 2 seats left$32USD $1,042Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Starnberg is the starting point and Fussen is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $1,042 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1042 for Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Starnberg (Germany)
- 5 km
- Maisinger See (Germany)
- 8 km
- Herrsching am Ammersee (Germany)
- 7 km
- Diessen (Germany)
- 18 km
- Hohenpeissenberg (Germany)
- 2 km
- Unterbau (Germany)
- 13 km
- Ammerschlucht (Germany)
- 7 km
- Rottenbuch (Germany)
- 8 km
- Wies (Germany)
- 7 km
- Trauchgau (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,042 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,535 tours in Europe
- covered by 274 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Bavaria: King Ludwig's Way via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,465 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours