The Alpine Pass Route
- Our saving
- US $ 2,616
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Engelberg
- Day 2: Engelberg to Engstlenalp 14 km/8.7 miles, 4.5 h
- Day 3: Engstlenalp to Meiringen 17 km/10.5 miles, 4.5 h
- Day 4: Meiringen to Grindelwald 21 km/13 miles, 7.5 h
- Day 5: Rest day in Grindelwald
- Day 6: Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen 19 km/11.8 miles, 6.3 h
- Day 7: In Lauterbrunnen
- Day 8: Lauterbrunnen to Griesalp/Golderli 21 km/ 13 miles, 9.5 h, can be shortened
- Day 9: Griesalp-Golderli to Kandersteg 15 km/9.3 miles, 7.5 h
- Day 10: In Kandersteg
- Day 11: Kandersteg to Adelboden 16 km/10 miles, 6.5 h
- Day 12: Adelboden to Lenk 11 km/6.83 miles, 5 h
- Day 13: Lenk to Saanen 14 km/8.7 miles, 5 h
- Day 14: Arrangements end after breakfast
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Michelle Totman's review about another UTracks tour4.0 - Good
The guide was more concerned about staying on schedule than safety. She had no apparent passion for the area and the beauty it contained. She spoke French over 80% of the time despite the fact that 7 of the 11 people on the tour were English-only speakers.... Read more
- Bernhard Schiele's review about another UTracks tour4.0 - Good
Great experience as it was the 1st time doing a hiking trip of this length. Outstanding scenery and landscape along the hike. Accommodations were clean and maintained. It would have helped if the guide would have spoken slightly better English but all in... Read more
- Tina Greener's review about another UTracks tour4.0 - Good
Matthew was amazing. World class guide. The tour description did not match the actual schedule (no gondola day #1). Unfortunately, those of us in good hiking fitness were held back by those less fit. That was frustrating to hike then wait over and over... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does the tour include transport of our luggage from one accommodation to another?
Luggage transfers are included on this tour for every day except for the two mountain inns on night 2 and night 8.
What are accommodations included?
You will have 10 nights accommodation in 2‑3 stars hotels, 1 tourist class hotel on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities & 2 nights in mountain huts.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Raina7th March 2019
The Alpine Pass Route
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- WednesdayAug 28, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- ThursdayAug 29, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysWednesdaySep 11, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- FridayAug 30, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysThursdaySep 12, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysFridaySep 13, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- MondaySep 2, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- TuesdaySep 3, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysMondaySep 16, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- ThursdaySep 5, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysWednesdaySep 18, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
- FridaySep 6, 2019from Engelberg14 DaysThursdaySep 19, 2019to SaanenOnly 2 seats left$81USD $2,616Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Engelberg is the starting point and Saanen is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 8 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 8 November 2019, a minimum payment of $500 is required to confirm your booking with UTracks. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of UTracks. Please familiarise yourself with the UTracks payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Engelberg (Switzerland)
- 5 km
- Jochpass (Switzerland)
- 17 km
- Meiringen (Switzerland)
- 10 km
- Grosse Scheidegg (Switzerland)
- 6 km
- Grindelwald (Switzerland)
- 7 km
- Kleine Scheidegg (Switzerland)
- 4 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 12 km
- Griesalp (Switzerland)
- 9 km
- Kandersteg (Switzerland)
- 9 km
- Adelboden (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,616 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,050 tours in Europe
- covered by 567 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Alpine Pass Route via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 31,047 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours