Taste Burgundy Like A Local
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,448
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Take a scenic drive through vineyards
- Visit the famous Château du Clos de Vougeot
- Taste some of Burgundy's best wines
- Experience a cheese tasting
- Rather Poor
- NSNiranjanWritten on April 17, 20171.0 - BadMore like Food and Wine CHEATERS Short Version: They are an overpriced over marked-up middle man website. Save yourself half the money (and I am not exaggerating) by finding the actual packaging/outfitting organization. In other words DONOT pay them a penny. Read the rest of it before you decide – and there isn’t really anything to “decide”. Long Version: I don't know about the rest of the reviews. I am not sure how people didn't see it, may be everybody was just in their vacation mood and didn't want to think about the price tag and its value. To me this whole "Food and Wine Vacations" Organization is a scam. This is how I think they work - They have a website where she lists a bunch of "Packages" that are actually packages by other outfitters, mostly local outfitters in France, Italy and other places. There's one person, yes one person and her name is Smadar Palace and she sometimes uses the name Sam I think. She lists the exact same packages on her website that is actually offered by these local outfitters and marks up by, wait for it, 80%!!! Not only does she mark up, she also keeps you in the dark about where you are staying, and tells you that the info will be mailed to you - by snail mail! Really? Why you wonder - Answer is she wants to delay giving you this information as much as possible so you don't google it and instantly figure that the markup is 80% and this is coupled with a site wide 90 day NO MONEY REFUND policy to ensure you are cheated and there’s no way back. Also, we found that the actual local outfitters are similarly kept in the dark about the vacationers going to their place - reason for this - She doesn't want them contacting you. How do I know all this? Because my wife and I just experienced this whole thing. Here's our story: We booked the "Taste Burgundy like a local" package of hers which in turn is a package offered by a B&B place in Beaune, France called "La Terre d'Or". The whole package - Breakfast, place to stay, your personal guide, all the tastings are provided and "already pre-packaged" NOT by Smadar or Food N Wine Vacations but... “La Terre d'Or” (who by the way is awesome) and guess what?? It costs half the price on their website. Just go book it. Google their name and book with them, if you are looking for a burgundy wine experience that is. If it's some other package/place you are looking for, then find the actual local outfitters. Cut the middle man and save 80%. My wife says she was told repeatedly by Smadar Palace NOT to call her, and whenever I've tried to call her, there is a pretense of connecting to an "Agent" and then goes to voicemail. And by this I am guessing, she has another full time job and just has a website to make money by RIPPING OFF PEOPLE. Oh, I almost forgot - When you pay her money, she sends you an excel spreadsheet as receipt. Can you believe it?? It is a hand typed Excel Spreadsheet and she calls it a receipt! Smadar is a cheat and a crook. We were extremely anxious before the trip. Who wants to take a vacation being so anxious. We were anxious because Smadar withheld information from us and disclosed basic information such as where we were staying almost at the very end. This made us very uncomfortable and it was our 10th anniversary trip. But..... Many many thanks to La Terre d'Or, they made our trip. It was fantastic. And Shame on Smadar Palace and "Food N Wine Vacations" for preying on people's most treasured moments and making money off it! I can't say this enough.... STAY AWAY FROM THEM.Show detailed ratingsFood N’ Wine Vacations commented on this reviewThis hatred and personal harassment will not go quiet.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 10, 20125.0 - ExcellentWhen it came time to plan our honeymoon my fiancée gave me this big task. I knew we both wanted some kind of food and wine experience but I was unsure how to make it happen, so I turned to the internet to find an answer. This is when I came across Food N' Wine Vacations. Like anything you find on the web we were a bit skeptical at first but after talking with Sam we knew we were dealing with a real professional. One thing that really stood out with Sam was that she was very eager to make sure we had a wonderful trip. She immediately offered her service of helping us plan the rest of our trip beyond the tour Burgundy like a local. Without charging us another dime she helped us book all of our travel including reservations at restaurants and other great travel tips. The bed and breakfast that we stayed at in Burgundy was beautiful. This place and its setting was something out of a fairytale. It sat atop of a hill of vineyards that was just breath taking. From the moment we meet our guide when we were picked up at the train station in Beaune we knew we would be in good hands. Vincent and his Father instantly made us feel like welcome guests in their home. Being an owner of a wine bar I wanted to make sure I got a lot out of this trip, and Vincent was eager to make sure that I got to see and taste everything I wanted. It was 2 days of extensive touring, and as advertised you really do feel like a local visiting some of the exclusive vineyard sites as well as some fantastic chateaus for tastings. All in all this was just a fantastic trip and we truly are thankful we came across food N’ wine vacations, and of course Sam. Ben and Kirsten (PA)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival, Dinner
- Day 2: Cote De Beaune
- Day 3: Cote De Nuites
- Day 4: Departure
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Beaune.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Food N’ Wine Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $2,448 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2448 for Taste Burgundy Like A Local, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Food N’ Wine Vacations will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Food N’ Wine Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 70 km.
- Beaune (France)
- 14 km
- La Rochepot (France)
- 6 km
- Puligny Montrachet (France)
- 4 km
- Meursault (France)
- 8 km
- Beaune (France)
- 15 km
- Nuits Saint Georges (France)
- 3 km
- Vosne-Romanee (France)
- 2 km
- Vougeot (France)
- 19 km
- Beaune (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,448 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Taste Burgundy Like A Local via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Taste Burgundy Like A Local