Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,940
Unlock $49 in extra savingsCheck availability
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Kayla "This trip was amazing it was more then I expected. We stayed in some beautiful accommodation and had great fun on the bus trips with all the games our tour guide came up with just to entertain us on our long trips which felt like the flew by. He was one of the most organised people I have come across and had itinerys through out the bus and hotel with everything we are doing each day from what tim..."
- +6 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Experience the Great Barrier Reef
- 4WD adventure on Fraser Island
- Surfers Paradise, Australias most famous beaches
- Explore Sydney Harbour and it's icons
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
Start in Cairns and end in Sydney! With the discovery tour Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns), you have a 14 day tour package taking you from Cairns to Sydney and through Cairns, Australia and 7 other destinations in Australia. Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns) includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- ECEllisWritten on May 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI booked this trip with 3 weeks to go before it started I had done little to no research and went on a very spontaneous trip with no expectations or ideas of what to expect. When I arrived at the hotel where I met the rest of the group and leader (Trys) (as I joined after the tour had already started) I felt comfortable and it put me at ease after travelling half way around the world on my own for the first time. even though I had no expectations for the trip everything I experienced far exceeded anything I could have expected. i decided on a skydive just the night before and I have Trys to thank for talking me in to that as I know without his assurance I probably would have backed out. I experienced some amazing moments when I couldn't quite believe I was there doing what I was doing at those moments. I met some amazing people and made some friends for life even though they are based all around the world. The only thing I would have changed is to make the trip longer I didn't want to leave and sure have thought about returning on many occasions. I can't however imagine doing the trip without the same people (friends and tour guide) and I have them all to thank for such an amazing life experience.Show detailed ratings
- VBVivienneWritten on April 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur guide was always there for us and cheerful !Show detailed ratings
- KEKirillyWritten on April 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy tour guide was TK ! (Trys) he was beyond awesome! :) he made the contiki trip for me so much fun! He always made us laugh, keeping us entertained on the bus with funny games movies, songs, extra sight seeing whenever he could fit it in! Buying as a special treat from the bakery, and scoring us a free drink nearly everywhere we went! All the small things make the big things, he was always full of knowledge and told us great history stories. Very nice and very very organised! I was lucky to spend the last of his tours with him! And it defiantly opened my eyes to doing more and traveling more! #NOREGRETS :)Show detailed ratings
- KMKirstyWritten on April 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had the best time ever in this tour and didn't want it to end. I made some amazing life long friends and saw some incredible places. Still can't believe I did it. Extremely good value for money. Tour manager Trys Eddy was fabulous he made the trip what it was with his enthusiasm and personality a real credit to contiki.Show detailed ratings
- RDRochelleWritten on April 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentTrip was amazing. Stopped off at loads of places and our tour guide was very knowledgeable and helpful all the way.Anything that needed changing or if we wanted to do something different he would accommodate us.Trip lasted for 14nights which meant in that distance there were days where we were driving all day.however the coach was very comfortable and up to date and it never felt we really travelled that far! Would do a contiki again.Show detailed ratings
- MHMollyWritten on April 10, 20164.0 - GoodAn amazing jam packed two weeks, filled with a variety of activities and locations with incredible people!Show detailed ratings
- PWPollyWritten on April 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing, once in a life time trip! Our tour guide try's was very professional and had heaps amount of knowledge about every stop on the way. Plenty to see in the two weeks, wide variety of activities and such great fun. Met some amazing other travellers, Would definitely recommend this trip to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- KRKaylaWritten on April 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing it was more then I expected. We stayed in some beautiful accommodation and had great fun on the bus trips with all the games our tour guide came up with just to entertain us on our long trips which felt like the flew by. He was one of the most organised people I have come across and had itinerys through out the bus and hotel with everything we are doing each day from what time we leave to what time we arrive. Couldn't have done anything like this without him.Show detailed ratings
- KRKristinWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe did the big walkabout tour. Loved every minute. The second leg of our tour from cairns to sydney was unreal. Our tour guide Trys was exciting, knowledgeable and with so much experience he was able to tell us the hot spots in town and fun facts about each of our destinations.Show detailed ratings
- SDSaskiaWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentI did the Beaches and Reefs Tour in August 2014 and had the best two weeks I could've ever imagined! I met so many new people from all over the world and made so many new friends that I still keep in touch with and talk to whenever I can! Since then I recommended Contiki as a travel agency to all my friends and I would love to do more Contiki Tours in the future!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns
- Day 2: Cairns
- Day 2 - 4: Cairns to the Whitsundays
- Day 5: The Whitsundays to Farmstay
- Day 6: Farmstay to Noosa
- Day 7: Fraser Island to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa to Surfers Paradise
- Day 9: Surfers Paradise
- Day 10: Surfers Paradise to Byron Bay
- Day 11: Byron Bay to Coffs Harbour
- Day 12: Coffs Harbour to Sydney
- Day 13: Sydney
- Day 14: Sydney
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is an accommodation upgrade available on this trip?
This tour does have the option of a twin share upgrade.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
STARTENDOUR SAVING PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from CairnsFridayNov 17, 2017in SydneyOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,425Based on Quad RoomOnly 1 space left
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from CairnsFridayNov 24, 2017in SydneyOur saving$415Price$2,425-15%USD $2,061Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from CairnsFridayDec 15, 2017in SydneyOur saving$415Price$2,425-15%USD $2,061Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from CairnsFridayDec 22, 2017in SydneyOur saving$415Price$2,425-15%USD $2,061Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 30, 2017from CairnsFridayJan 12, 2018in SydneyOur saving$415Price$2,425-15%USD $2,061Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 6, 2018from CairnsFridayJan 19, 2018in SydneyOur saving$534Price$2,425-20%USD $1,940Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 20, 2018from CairnsFridayFeb 2, 2018in SydneyOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,425Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 27, 2018from CairnsFridayFeb 9, 2018in SydneyOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,425Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 3, 2018from CairnsFridayFeb 16, 2018in SydneyOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,425Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 17, 2018from CairnsFridayMar 2, 2018in SydneyOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,425Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Cairns is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2017 the full payment of $1,940 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1940 for Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,202 km.
- Cairns (Australia)
- 500 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 707 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 112 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 182 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 74 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 190 km
- Coffs Harbour (Australia)
- 437 km
- Sydney (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,940 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 862 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 51 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,207 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Beaches and Reefs (Start Cairns)