Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days)
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 25 Apr 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,930
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Kirilly "My tour guide was TK ! (Trys) he was beyond awesome! :) he made the contiki trip for me so much fun! He always made us laugh, keeping us entertained on the bus with funny games movies, songs, extra sight seeing whenever he could fit it in! Buying as a special treat from the bakery, and scoring us a free drink nearly everywhere we went! All the small things make the big things, he was always full o..."
- +6 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
Start in Cairns and end in Sydney! With the discovery tour Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days), you have a 14 day tour package taking you from Cairns to Sydney and through Cairns, Australia and 7 other destinations in Australia. Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days) includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- CBcaoimheWritten on January 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe trip itself was amazing.. accommodation was great.. definitely ticked loads of the bucket list. Bus driver was lovely. Transportation was comfortable.. did not find tour guide helpful she picked who she wanted to help and everyone else could do what they liked she didn't careShow detailed ratings
- DiannaWritten on September 11, 20172.5 - AverageIt was ok. Too many British people. Tooooo long on the buses. Way more travel than enjoyment. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also hotels far from all main city centers. The excursions were really waaaayyy too much work for the small pleasure.Show detailed ratings
- SCSuzanneWritten on December 19, 20164.0 - GoodGood itinerary and included activities. If you are used to travelling solo or in small groups (and like it), probably not the right trip, but good for those who want or need some hand-holding whilst seeing the world.Show detailed ratings
- BSBobbiWritten on June 6, 20164.0 - GoodTrys made my time in Australia, this was my first time going abroad by myself and Trys made it so easy and ensured I made friends and had the best time! Trys always made sure people were included and able to experience as much as possible no matter how long they had! Trys has inspired me to carry on seeing the world as he made me realise how easy it can be and unfortunately he's frequent saying that 'you can always get more money' has stuck with me and I am excited to see many other places!!Show detailed ratings
- ECEllisWritten on May 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI booked this trip with 3 weeks to go before it started I had done little to no research and went on a very spontaneous trip with no expectations or ideas of what to expect. When I arrived at the hotel where I met the rest of the group and leader (Trys) (as I joined after the tour had already started) I felt comfortable and it put me at ease after travelling half way around the world on my own for the first time. even though I had no expectations for the trip everything I experienced far exceeded anything I could have expected. i decided on a skydive just the night before and I have Trys to thank for talking me in to that as I know without his assurance I probably would have backed out. I experienced some amazing moments when I couldn't quite believe I was there doing what I was doing at those moments. I met some amazing people and made some friends for life even though they are based all around the world. The only thing I would have changed is to make the trip longer I didn't want to leave and sure have thought about returning on many occasions. I can't however imagine doing the trip without the same people (friends and tour guide) and I have them all to thank for such an amazing life experience.Show detailed ratings
- MCMeganWritten on April 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was a once in a lifetime trip. I will always remember it. It was very well organized and prepared. Our bus was great! Our drivers name was Horse. He was an excellent driver and got us where we needed to be with ease, every single day. The accommodations were better than I had imagined. Some places were nicer than others, but the different places we stayed were all part of the trip. I particularly enjoyed the Farm Stay. It was a nice opportunity to get to know everyone on tour better. Our manager was Trys Eddy. He was amazing. Trys was a fun loving, exciting, very knowledgable tour manager. He had awesome games for our long bus trips. Helped to break the ice big time! He knew how to make us laugh, that's for sure! He knew the best little places to go when we stopped. For example, in Byron Bay there is a place to get chicken burgers. And oh my god... Best chicken burger I've ever had! His passion for photography did not go unnoticed either. He helped capture memories for us that will last a lifetime. I am a better person for taking this trip, and for meeting Trys. I feel very lucky to have had this opportunity. I would recommend this tour a million times!Show detailed ratings
- VBVivienneWritten on April 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur guide was always there for us and cheerful !Show detailed ratings
- GGemmaWritten on April 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing and everything that I wanted out of travelling the east coast. You have some amazing opportunities to do some once in a life time things like climb the harbour bridge. Our tour manager was amazing. He made an effort with each individual person on the trip and made sure that we were all having fun. At the end of the trip my friend had to go to hospital and he made sure that I was being looked after and went out of his way to do things for us which was such a big help, I wouldn't of known what to do without him. Overall a really fantastic trip that I will never forget.Show detailed ratings
- KEKirillyWritten on April 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy tour guide was TK ! (Trys) he was beyond awesome! :) he made the contiki trip for me so much fun! He always made us laugh, keeping us entertained on the bus with funny games movies, songs, extra sight seeing whenever he could fit it in! Buying as a special treat from the bakery, and scoring us a free drink nearly everywhere we went! All the small things make the big things, he was always full of knowledge and told us great history stories. Very nice and very very organised! I was lucky to spend the last of his tours with him! And it defiantly opened my eyes to doing more and traveling more! #NOREGRETS :)Show detailed ratings
- KMKirstyWritten on April 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had the best time ever in this tour and didn't want it to end. I made some amazing life long friends and saw some incredible places. Still can't believe I did it. Extremely good value for money. Tour manager Trys Eddy was fabulous he made the trip what it was with his enthusiasm and personality a real credit to contiki.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns
- Day 2: Cairns
- Day 3 - 5: Cairns to the Whitsundays
- Day 5: The Whitsundays to Farmstay
- Day 6: Farmstay to Noosa
- Day 7: Fraser Island to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa to Surfers Paradise
- Day 9: Surfers Paradise
- Day 10: Surfers Paradise to Byron Bay
- Day 11: Byron Bay to Coffs Harbour
- Day 12: Coffs Harbour to Sydney
- Day 13: Sydney
- Day 14: Sydney
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Australia Final
- Contiki Discoverer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is an accommodation upgrade available on this trip?
This tour does have the option of a twin share upgrade.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Doris3rd February 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Sydney10+ seats left$446$2,425-18%USD $1,979
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Sydney7 seats left$435$2,365-18%USD $1,930
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Sydney9 seats left$95USD $2,270
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Sydney8 seats left$435$2,365-18%USD $1,930
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Sydney10+ seats left$95USD $2,270
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Sydney8 seats left$100USD $2,389
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Sydney10+ seats left$100USD $2,389
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Cairns14 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Sydney10+ seats left$100USD $2,389
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Cairns14 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to Sydney10+ seats left$100USD $2,389
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Cairns14 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to Sydney8 seats left$100USD $2,389
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Cairns is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 June 2018 the full payment of $1,930 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1930 for Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,202 km.
- Cairns (Australia)
- 500 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 707 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 112 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 182 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 74 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 190 km
- Coffs Harbour (Australia)
- 437 km
- Sydney (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,930 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 805 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 41 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Beaches And Reefs (Start Cairns, End Sydney, Base, 14 Days)