Historic Route 66
- Our saving
- US $ 3,301
- Ride the roads of Route 66
- Wander the epic Grand Canyon
- See the bright lights of Vegas
- Eat some deep dish in Chicago
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
Other reviews about Grand American Adventures:Write a review
- Noeleen Mossman's review about another Grand American Adventures tour4.0 - GoodOur tour guide Don. He was helpful informative and considerate! Many thanks to Don for making this trip a wonderful t... Read more
- JF's review about another Grand American Adventures tour5.0 - ExcellentI'd wanted to see the Canadian Rockies for quite a few years now, and this tour was just amazing! Anybody interested in ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Chicago
- Day 2: Pontiac, Springfield
- Day 3: St Louis
- Day 4: Branson
- Days 5-6: Oklahoma City
- Day 7: Amarillo
- Day 8: Albuquerque
- Day 9: Gallup
- Days 10-11: Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Days 12-13: Las Vegas
- Day 14: Las Vegas, Los Angeles
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
What type of vehicle is used for the Route 66 tour from Chicago to Los Angeles?
On this tour you will travel in private, air-conditioned mini-bus vehicles which are custom-built to suit Grand American Adventures style of travel, so getting from one destination to the next will be an even more enjoyable experience.
Extra-large windows for better viewing
Wider seats with more leg room
6'3'' interior height for added comfort
Electric bi-fold entry door for quicker and easier access
Overhead luggage racks, reading lamps and on-board TV screen
- August 1, 2016
Is the price displayed per person ?
Yes, this price is per person.
- April 1, 2016
I was just wondering if a large amount of time is spent on the bus travelling between each place.
Driving distances are different everyday. On this trip the longer drives are 4.5 to 5 hours (3 days). Although most driving days will be 2 – 4 hours. In locations where there is a 2 night stop, you will have little or no driving on the 2nd day. These are usually free days where the tour leader will present options and the group can split up and do as they like. You will make stops every hour or as needed toilets/stretching, lunch, photos and sometimes activities.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Johanna30th January 2018
Historic Route 66
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Chicago14 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$138USD $3,301Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Chicago14 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$141USD $3,388
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Chicago14 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Los AngelesOnly 1 seat left$141USD $3,388
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Chicago14 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$138USD $3,301
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Chicago14 DaysFridayAug 30, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$141USD $3,388
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Chicago14 DaysFridaySep 13, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$141USD $3,388
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Chicago is the starting point and Los Angeles is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Grand American Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Grand American Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $3,301 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3301 for Historic Route 66, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Grand American Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Chicago (USA)
- 288 km
- Springfield (USA)
- 137 km
- St Louis (USA)
- 346 km
- Branson (USA)
- 408 km
- Oklahoma City (USA)
- 392 km
- Amarillo (USA)
- 376 km
- Santa Fe (USA)
- 254 km
- Gallup (USA)
- 290 km
- Grand Canyon National Park (USA)
- 295 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,301 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,407 tours in North America
- covered by 57 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1,607 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours