Australia South to North–Melbourne to Darwin
- Our saving
- US $ 2,379
- Explore the scenic attractions of the Great Ocean Road
- See koalas, emus and kangaroos
- Visit an Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Take in the scenery around Ulura a.k.a Ayers Rocks
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- SymoniezWritten on February 21, 20145.0 - ExcellentMy husband and I had a wonderful time on this tour. We ended our tour in Alice Springs due to work commitments, but wished we could have gone on to Darwin. Our tour CEO Dingo was very knowledgeable, witty, patient and very entertaining. He had us all in laughter every day, and in comparison to other tour groups we passed along the way, ours seemed to be having the most fun. Made lots of new friends too from our group. Will definitely use G Adventures in other countries where available.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Melbourne
- Day 2 Melbourne/Port Campbell (1B)
- Day 3 Port Campbell/Halls Gap (1B)
- Day 4 Halls Gap/Adelaide (1B)
- Day 5 Adelaide
- Day 6 Adelaide/Quorn (1B)
- Day 7 Quorn/Beltana (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 8 Beltana/William Creek (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 9 William Creek/Coober Pedy (1B)
- Day 10 Coober Pedy/Kings Creek (1B, 1D)
- Day 11 Kings Creek/Uluru (1B, 1L)
- Day 12 Uluru (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 13 Uluru/Alice Springs (1B)
- Day 14 Alice Springs
- Day 15 Alice Springs/Daly Waters (1L)
- Day 16 Daly Waters/Katherine (1B, 1D)
- Day 17 Katherine/Kakadu National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 18 Kakadu National Park/Litchfield National Park (1B, 1L)
- Day 19 Litchfield National Park/Darwin (1B, 1L)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can a 50 year old traveller join this tour?
This G Adventures tour operates exclusively for travellers between ages (18-65). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Is it possible to book twin share for this trip?
We can always request with G Adventures for a twin share rooming option, but it can't always be guaranteed. Some accommodations won't have them available.
Is there a driver in this tour?
Yes, G Adventures have a guide and driver provided in this tour.
15 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Australia South to North–Melbourne to Darwin tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 14th August 20182 comments"My name is Ryan I'm going on the Australia trip Adelaide to Darwin April 14th to April 28th feel free to message me if you're going to be on that tour"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Australia South to North–Melbourne to Darwin
- TuesdayAug 14, 2018from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Darwin0 seats left$70USD $2,799Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Darwin9 seats left$479$2,799-15%USD $2,379
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
- TuesdayJul 30, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
- TuesdayAug 20, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
- TuesdaySep 10, 2019from Melbourne19 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Darwin10+ seats left$70USD $2,799
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Melbourne is the starting point and Darwin is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 September 2018 the full payment of $2,379 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2379 for Australia South to North–Melbourne to Darwin, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Melbourne (Australia)
- 165 km
- Great Otway National Park (Australia)
- 51 km
- Port Campbell (Australia)
- 152 km
- Grampians National Park (Australia)
- 242 km
- Robe (Australia)
- 137 km
- Coorong National Park (Australia)
- 138 km
- Adelaide (Australia)
- 395 km
- Flinders Ranges (Australia)
- 120 km
- Quorn (Australia)
- 417 km
- William Creek (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,379 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 927 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 64 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia South to North–Melbourne to Darwin