Norwegian Fjord Trekking
- +1 Destinations
- Norwegian Fjords
- Wander the Bergen
- Hike across the Buer Glacier
- Get a photo atop Trolltunga
- Visit the famous fish markets
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Adventure, Centre Based Walking Holidays
- Rather Poor
- KLKarenWritten on September 6, 20183.5 - GoodAccommodation at Trolltunga hotel was poor - noisy, sharing bathrooms and staff were either pleasant or rude with no in-between. The location out of town is a bit silly given the amount of walking we're already doing, however the location by the lake and elevated is pleasant.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the open feedback here. We will take that into consideration. Hope the balance of your travels with us were positive and rewarding.
- HLHarrisonWritten on July 29, 20184.0 - GoodAll round, the tour was a lot of fun and the scenery was incredible. It was very convenient staying in the one hotel for majority of the trip and hiking on several day trips. You needed decent physical fitness to get the most from this tour, which was perfect for me. Breakfast was the only meal included everyday, and paying for lunches and dinners did become expensive. It was also a little bit annoying having to organise transportation back from Odda to Bergen at the end of the tour, and I think this could have been included in the tour (this may have changed already for later tours). I would recommend this tour to anyone who loves climbing mountains and mountain scenery, but those on a tight budget should be careful.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honesty here - we (and I'm sure others) appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the majestic mountains and fjords!
- ChiWritten on July 5, 20184.0 - GoodThe hiking tour was wonderful, especially the hiking to Trolltunga, I have chosen the Via Ferrata option, it was so exciting and unforgettable.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing! Thank you for traveling to this great corner of the planet with us!
- NBNicholasWritten on August 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on this tour at the end of June and had a total blast. The fjords of Norway are like nothing I've ever seen before. If you are an avid hiker, I could not recommend this tour enough! Norway is a bit pricey, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I would highly highly highly recommend that you have some hiking experience before going on this tour. A few of the people in my group had never done any sort of hiking before, and the three big day hikes for this tour are some serious ones. Both technically and physically. One girl wasn't able to complete two of the days, and one of the guys wasn't able to complete one of the days. You don't have to be in super-star shape and have climbed Mount Everest, but you should be confident in your hiking skills. There are a lot of rocks, marshes, and streams to navigate along with one of the days having some rocks to climb with rope supports. If you love hiking, then it will seem like a grown-up playground and you'll have a lot of fun.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Bergen
- Day 2 Bergen/Odda (1B)
- Day 3 Odda (1B)
- Day 4 Odda/Buer Glacier/Odda (1B)
- Day 5 Odda (1B)
- Day 6 Odda/Trolltunga/Odda (1B)
- Day 7 Odda (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How far will we need ot carry our own luggage on this trip?
While hiking, your luggage will most probably be stored in hotels/accommodation where you will stay, but please note, that you will need to carry your own luggage between transport and accommodation, hopping on and off trains and public buses and up and down stairs.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Bergen.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Norwegian Fjord Trekking, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bergen (Norway)
- 76 km
- Odda (Norway)
- 76 km
- Bergen (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Norwegian Fjord Trekking