South Island Lick Tour
- Tour Operator:
- Haka Tours
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Lake Wanaka
- Let loose in the adventure capital of Queenstown.
- Take one of the world's most scenic train journeys.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with activities galore!
- Journey past crystal clear lakes and towering mountains.
- See the awe-inspiring Franz Josef Glacier.
- Day 1 Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2 MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3 Queenstown
- Day 4 Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5 Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6 Franz Josef
- Day 7 Franz Josef to Christchurch
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Haka Tours
Haka Tours was born over a decade ago from the dreams of one man who wanted to reimagine how small group adventure tours were run. From the very first tour in June 2007 until now there’s been no looking back, and 12 years on we’re incredibly proud to be regarded as New Zealand’s leading small group adventure operator. As we’ve grown, we’ve stayed true to our core values which remain the key to our success. Ultimately, when you travel with Haka, you’re not travelling with a multinational corporate or a big international brand, but with an authentic, locally-owned business that puts you, the customer, at the centre of everything we do.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- GRGrace· September 6th, 2023This tour is perfect for anyone looking to experience the South Island in a short amount of time. The accommodation was very central & clean, the included greenstone carving was a highlight and our Guide went above and beyond to ensure each guest made... Show moreTrip date: May 2023
- AAnonymous· June 30th, 2023I appreciate to have Jef as our tour guide, he saved the day when the weather was not good and other company messed up.Trip date: June 2023
- MMichelleKohnen· January 24th, 2020I would definitely recommend it! I loved it!! Our guide was very nice, patient and had a good sense of humour!! I went by myself, but that wasn’t a problem at all. I immediately made new friends! I stayed the whole week in hostels, which were clean... Show moreTrip date: January 2020
- KKathleenHennessy· January 23rd, 2020Definitely take it. You will find nothing better if you look for her!Trip date: January 2020
- RRogerWoolford· January 23rd, 2020Definitely do it! It's great.Trip date: January 2020
- Chloé· January 23rd, 2020This was a great trip to explore the South Island when on a short time frame. The itinerary was well thought through Including a little taster of each of the highlights. Our tour guide Dan was a star, despite being very new to Haka he was very... Show moreTrip date: January 2020
- EMElvira· January 23rd, 2020It was a well organized tour.I did not feel rushed. We visited the most scenic parts of South Island. The Tour Leader, Daniel was a very good Tour Leader looking after everybody and making sure everyone doesn’t miss the optional excursions . He worked... Show moreTrip date: January 2020
- KKateHopkins· January 10th, 2020I would say do it if you’re under 40. But not if you’re older.Trip date: January 2020
- NNess· January 9th, 2020Excellent - but get a private room.Trip date: January 2020
- Jody· January 6th, 2020I highly recommend this tour! Pur tourguide (Charlotte) was great and we went to beautiful places. It was nice that everything was taken care of for you (except for lunch and dinner).Trip date: November 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Monday9 Oct, 2023Sunday15 Oct, 2023English$1,208
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday23 Oct, 2023Sunday29 Oct, 2023English$1,208
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday30 Oct, 2023Sunday5 Nov, 2023English$1,208
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday4 Nov, 2023Friday10 Nov, 2023English$1,208
- Monday6 Nov, 2023Sunday12 Nov, 2023English$1,208
- Monday13 Nov, 2023Sunday19 Nov, 2023English$1,208
- Monday20 Nov, 2023Sunday26 Nov, 2023English$1,208
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday25 Nov, 2023Friday1 Dec, 2023English$1,208
- Monday27 Nov, 2023Sunday3 Dec, 2023English$1,208
- Saturday2 Dec, 2023Friday8 Dec, 2023English$1,208
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a hotel list available?
- What are the optional excursions?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- Do I need a visa?
- When and where does the tour start?
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
- How much luggage can I bring on this tour?
- Regarding additional activities, can I book and pay for them during the tour or do I need to book and pay in advance?
- What is the age range?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 2 Week New Zealand Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- New Zealand from Christchurch
- New zealand Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 7 days New zealand
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- South Island Lick Tour Tours in New Zealand
- Active Adventure Tours
- New Zealand South Island Tours
- New Zealand Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- New Zealand South Island
- New Zealand tours