Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Lake Wanaka
- Let loose in the adventure capital of Queenstown.
- Take one of the world's most scenic train journeys.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with activities galore!
- Journey past crystal clear lakes and towering mountains.
- See the awe-inspiring Franz Josef Glacier.
- Day 1 Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2 MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3 Queenstown
- Day 4 Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5 Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6 Franz Josef
- Day 7 Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- HMHarukaDecember 05, 2019I’m really satisfied with the tour and fantastic tour guide, Summer! I was a little bit nervous to join this tour by myself, however, everyone in the tour joined it individually and they were so friendly that it didn’t take much time to get along with... Show moreTrip date: November 2019
- On KiDecember 03, 2019very nice and good!!Trip date: November 2019
- DDianeNovember 20, 2019I really enjoyed the trip. The places we visited were breathtakingly beautiful and I met some really great people throughout the week. I wish that the transportation didn’t take place in the middle of the day. This made it feel like we spent entire days... Show moreTrip date: November 2019
- AAnonymousNovember 10, 2019This was an amazing trip, organized tour and stopping at many beautiful places and recommendation for fantastic optional activitiesTrip date: October 2019
- NNicoleRauchOctober 30, 2019It was an amazing tour, we managed to see the most beautiful places in a very short time period! Our tour guide also gave us lots of background information.Plus, they tirelessly tried to arrange for all possible activities that we wanted to take, so... Show moreTrip date: October 2019
- NNicoleGouldOctober 18, 2019Honestly, if Andy was the tour guide I would not recommend this tour. Overall, I loved Haka Tours and exploring New Zealand, but Andy's unprofessionalism and unreliability majorly detracted from the experience. He would not show up with vouchers when he... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- BIBarbaraOctober 13, 2019Great tour, nice group size, included meals were good. Tour guide Lizzie was excellent, very friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about her country. The South Island Lick tour joins part of an earlier tour but everyone mixed well together (helped by... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- BWBrentOctober 04, 2019Awesome Tour, I would highly recommended this tour. Time in Bus was kept at a minimum with plenty of stops for photos and short walks. Good mix of people from all over the world. Liz our tour guide was Awesome, she went above and beyond to care for... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- CCatAugust 08, 2019Do it so worth it if you unable or don’t have the time to drive around the countryTrip date: July 2019
- NaomiJuly 21, 2019It's a lot of travelling but SO worth it. You see so much. Would have loved a little more time in Wanaka. Get as many acitivities booked in as you can!Haka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Naomi! Thanks for your five-star review of our South Island Lick tour! Yes, it would be great to spend more time in Wanaka, and we will pass your comments on to the operations team. It sounds like our Andy showed you the absolute best of the... Show moreTrip date: July 2019
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
South Island Lick Tour
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- ThursdayDec 19, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayDec 25, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$27USD $891
- FridayDec 20, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysThursdayDec 26, 2019to Christchurch6 seats left$27USD $891
- ThursdayDec 26, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJan 1, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 3 seats left$27USD $891
- ThursdayJan 2, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJan 8, 2020to Christchurch7 seats left$27USD $891
- SundayJan 5, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJan 11, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 3 seats left$27USD $891
- SundayJan 12, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJan 18, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$27USD $891
- SundayJan 19, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJan 25, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$27USD $891
- SundayJan 26, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayFeb 1, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$27USD $891
- ThursdayJan 30, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayFeb 5, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$27USD $891
- SundayFeb 2, 2020from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayFeb 8, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$27USD $891
Show more departures
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a hotel list available?
- What are the optional excursions?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- Do I need a visa?
- When and where does the tour start?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
- Explore Christchurch NZ - Haka Tours
- Haka Tours - Small Group Adventure Tours