Amplified NZ Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,623
- Marvel at nature in the twinkling glow worm caves
- Opt for a trip to Hobbiton or raft down the Kaituna River
- Get your coffee and craft beer fill in windy Wellington
- Visit the local seal colony and spot dolphins in Kaikoura
- Try a whitebait fritter and shop for greenstone treasures
- Face your fears in adrenaline capital Queenstown
- Age range
- 18 to 49 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery, Sightseeing, In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Haka Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2 Coromandel to Rotorua
- Day 3 Rotorua
- Day 4 Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 5 Murupara to Taupō
- Day 6 Taupō
- Day 7 Taupō to Wellington
- Day 8 Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 9 Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 10 Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 11 MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 12 Queenstown
- Day 13 Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 14 Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 15 Franz Josef
- Day 16 Franz Josef to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CaseyWritten on August 20, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Do it! I was hesitant to go on a solo tour, not knowing anyone, but it turned out to be better then I could have imagined!Review collected by Haka Tours
- GeorgieWritten on July 1, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything about the trip was great! Saw so many places and met some great people. Our tour guide knew everything so i feel well educated after our tripReview collected by Haka Tours
- CCatherineWritten on June 1, 20193.0 - Average
I did the Haka Tours 16-day NZ Amplified Tour with Brendon (Benny). Before I started my tour, the email correspondence with the Haka office team was quick and quite helpful. The itinerary was fantastic and I was very happy with the variety of places and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Catherine, Thank you for your open feedback. While we’re pleased that you enjoyed your tour itinerary and overall had a fantastic time while making new friends, we’re disappointed that your New Zealand tour wasn’t all it could’ve been. We know that guides can make our break a tour, which is why we invest so much time and effort in supporting our guides to be super-star experts in all things Aotearoa/New Zealand. In this case, it seems like the guide did not meet your expectations or our standards, and for this we apologise. Please know that we are having a tour manager conference within the next two weeks and I will reassess our training process to ensure that this is not replicated. Thanks again. Your feedback will help us improve as a business. If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org Sincerely, Graham Kinlan General Manager
- KNKimyWritten on May 30, 20194.5 - Excellent
Andy is a great and hard working tour manager with a very light-hearted attitude. He takes every moment out of his busy schedule when he can to enjoy and to be a kid again. His attitude makes people on the trip more relaxed and enjoy the moments. We... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Kimy. Thank you for this great review of our Amplified Tour. We're so pleased you had an amazing time and Andy showed you the best of our beautiful country. We hope you enjoy many more moments of light-hearted joy in your travels and we hope we get to welcome you on a tour again.
- JJosephineDunkerWritten on May 24, 20194.5 - Excellent
Excellent tour! Would definitely recommend it, and might go again sometime in summerShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Josephine! Thank you for this wonderful review & recommendation of Haka Tours & our Amplified Tour! We would love to show you the sights in summer! Maybe try the Epic NZ tour to see even more of the country! Thanks for being part of the Haka whanau!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 3, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
What a ride it was! Thanks million to our excellent driver, kind, patient Ruth! She looked after us like a momma hen. It was a once in a life time experience together with group of young people my grandchildren’s age. Thank you for the wonderful tour... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on April 18, 20195.0 - Excellent
I had my best trip ever.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewThank you for your five star review of our Amplified Tour! We're so glad you had the best time and that Ollie showed you the best of New Zealand! Happy travels!
- SFSolimWritten on April 14, 20193.5 - Good
I felt the bus was a bit small to accommodate us and our backpacks half the trip, some of our group did only South island. The last night at the end of the trip, our group was separated and assigned to different rooms. I really didn't like that.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Solim, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our tour buses are small so that we can park up in places that larger buses can't and we believe that they provide ample room for each passenger - even on a fully-booked tour. For the accommodation, sometimes we just have to go with what accommodation is available, but wherever possible, we do try to keep the group together. Sorry this did not happen in this instance. From your photo it looks like you enjoyed the sights of the South Island. Best wishes.
- AAlishaWritten on March 28, 20195.0 - Excellent
Absolutely Incredible!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Alisha, Thank you for this absolutely awesome five-star review of our Amplified NZ Tour!
- RReginaWritten on March 28, 20195.0 - Excellent
It was just amazing! Had a really good time! Can just recommend Haka ToursShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia ora, Regina! Thank you for recommending Haka Tours with a 5-star review! We're glad you had the best time on your Amplified Tour!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a full list of accommodations available for the Amplified NZ tour, as the accommodations change so frequently. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. However, a couple of examples of accommodations they use for this tour are the Haka Hotel in Newmarket, the Haka Lodge in Christchurch, the Haka Lodge in Taupo and YHA in Wanaka - hopefully, this can give you a better idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes at approximately 5-6.30 pm at the tour operator's very own Haka Lodge in Christchurch (518 Linwood Ave, Woolston, Christchurch 8062). Luckily, you accommodation on the last night of the tour is included, so feel free to party with your new travel buddies and treat yourself to a lie-in in the morning, where your tour ends after breakfast.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at 8 am on the first day of the tour, from the tour operator's very own Haka Hotel in Auckland (located in Newmarket on Manukau road). As this tour has such an early start, you can choose to stay in the hotel the night before the tour starts, which gives you a relaxed start to your Haka experience. Get ready, because on the first day of the tour, you will stop by the famous Hot Water Beach, which thousands visit each year to dig their own personal hot tub.
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
- Haka Tours - Small Group Adventure Tours
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lillian16th January 2019
Amplified NZ Tour
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Auckland16 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$236$1,859-13%USD $1,623
- MondayOct 7, 2019from Auckland16 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$244$1,923-13%USD $1,679
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Auckland16 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$244$1,923-13%USD $1,679
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Auckland16 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$244$1,923-13%USD $1,679
- MondayOct 21, 2019from Auckland16 DaysTuesdayNov 5, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$244$1,923-13%USD $1,679
- MondayNov 4, 2019from Auckland16 DaysTuesdayNov 19, 2019to Christchurch7 seats left$58USD $1,862
- ThursdayNov 7, 2019from Auckland16 DaysFridayNov 22, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$58USD $1,862
- MondayNov 11, 2019from Auckland16 DaysTuesdayNov 26, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$58USD $1,862
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Auckland16 DaysSundayDec 1, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$58USD $1,862
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Auckland16 DaysMondayDec 9, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$58USD $1,862
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 11 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 11 October 2019, a minimum payment of $80 is required to confirm your booking with Haka Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Haka Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the Haka Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Hot Water Beach (New Zealand)
- 13 km
- Whitianga (New Zealand)
- 9 km
- Cathedral Cove (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Huka Falls (New Zealand)
- 59 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,623 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,350 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 110 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Amplified NZ Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 54 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Amplified NZ Tour