Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 20:55:35
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Marika "We found Viva Tours Flexible and accommodating. Racheal always responded to emails and kept us informed from the very beginning. We felt we were still able to do our own thing while being part of a group. The small group size also allowed the guides to have the time to give all passengers the individual attention they needed. The custom built truck allowed us to visit places that would have othe..."
- +14 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
Start in Santiago and end in Ushuaia! With the overland truck tour Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia, you have a 27 day tour package taking you from Santiago to Ushuaia and through Santiago, Chile and 15 other destinations in Latin America. Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- MSMalcolmWritten on January 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat trip. Guide Mel & driver Franco are role models for their industry - can't fault their devotion to duty & their passengers. Naturally the trip had some disappointments due weather & mechanical failure (ferry), but they found work-arounds. Patagonia lived up to its repuation for unpredictable weather, scenery was stunning. Fellow tour passengers helped make the trip memorable.Show detailed ratingsViva Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Malcolm, thanks for your wonderful review. We are so pleased you loved your Wild Patagonia tour and we will pass on your feedback to Mel & Franco. All the best. Rachel
- AnonymousWritten on May 25, 20145.0 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on my wild Patagonia tour. Everything was well organised by Rachel from Viva. Our tour leader Mel and driver Franco made the trip so easy and looked after every ones needs and Mel's cooking was amazing! The highlights for me were climbing Villarica volcano, the white water rafting on the Futalefu River and Torres del Paine national Park. I loved the glacier trekking too as that was a new experience for me. The guides on that day trip were amazing and so patient! I am passionate about hiking which was one of the reasons why I choose this trip but even if hiking is not your scene then this trip is still worth considering as it offers something for everyone. The scenery alone is worth doing the trip for and the cuisine is amazing. Being able to have King crab and Patagonian Tooth fish are culinary experiences I still dream about! I have done a. Lot of travelling and this trip was one of the best I have ever done. I look forward to travelling with Viva Expeditions in the near future!Show detailed ratings
- BarbaraWritten on May 28, 20134.5 - ExcellentNot only did we enjoy a first class truck trip through Patagonia, but also Rachel helped with the little extras like airport transfers, extra nights accommodation in Santiago and Ushaiai and a magical 5 days in San Pedro de Atacama. It all worked smoothly and was hassle free. Our guides,Tony and Di, were welcoming and went out of their way to help us ... like photo stops (thanks Tony, never a problem) .... and the food was fresh and tasty (thanks Di). I think we also tasted most of the Patagonian fauna, eg Rhea pate, krill in scallop shells, beaver sushimi????? It's OK Beavers are an introduced pest in Tierra Del Fuego. I fell in love with our Viva truck as soon as I stepped inside. It was so roomy and comfortable and obviously well thought out and designed. Loo was a bonus. Patagonia is ruggedly beautiful and the itinerary made sure we saw all the spectacular regions. All the famous beauty spots like Pucon/Bariloche, Perito Moreno and Torres Del Paine but also sublime gems like Futaleufu and my favourite the Enchanted Forest. My photos are full of beautiful mountains, rivers and glaciers as well as memories of a very wonderful holiday.Show detailed ratingsViva Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks Barbara, we are so pleased you loved your Patagonia tour with us :-) All the best for your future travel.
- ShawnaWritten on December 5, 20124.5 - ExcellentThis was an excellent tour and one that I would recommend to anybody. Not only is Patagonia stunning, the tour itself added to the experience. Tony, Diane and Esperanza (overland vehicle) could not have been more accomodating - it is clear that they love what they do and want to share it with their passengers. A highly recommended trip!Show detailed ratings
- ClareWritten on November 24, 20125.0 - ExcellentRachel, Brendan, Diana and Tony were our fantastic tour guides. They made a friendly and attentive team. Their knowledge and experience of South America in general, and Chile and Argentina in particular, made for a fun, relaxing and informative trip. The Viva Truck must be mentioned as it was also an important part of the team - very comfortable, roomy, all mod cons, and great views. Our picnic lunches from the truck were excellent. Climbing the Villarica Volcano through the snow in bright sunshine and the trek in Torres del Paine were two of the amazing highlights. All in all a brilliant holiday.Show detailed ratings
- KerryWritten on November 19, 20125.0 - ExcellentRachel and Brendan went to great lengths to accommodate the requirements of our group (We were 7 friends, joining the tour at different times). They are very knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. Everythng they planned for us worked like clockwork, which was a great achievement considering how diverse our group was. They were also very flexbile and allowed us to participate in extra activities such as the four day trek to Torres Del Paine without it impacting on other group members. the Truck is very comfortable and well kitted out. They take great pride in their business and the travellers comfort and experience is thier top priority. Whether you want a standard trip or private itinerary, I would not hesitate to recommend Viva ExpeditionsShow detailed ratings
- CarolynWritten on November 13, 20125.0 - ExcellentSearching online for a tour of Patagonia, which went to all the amazing places but still offered a degree of comfort, I found this one and have to say it certainly had it all. Our well informed crew were attentive to the needs of everyone. The custom built vehicle offered comfort while taking us to all the incredible out of the way places. Accommodation was varied but always comfortable. Meals offered a wide selection of local fare. Overall excellent value for money, something for everyone and my best travel experience ever! Higly recommended.Show detailed ratings
- LindaWritten on November 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis trip was awesome. The truck got us into places I can't imagine getting to alone, the crew knew all the best spots to eat, shop, view and hike and the best people to give us the ultimate experiences wherever we went. The accommodation was always comfortable and clean, widely varied from "home made" cabins in the middle of nowhere to tents and camp stretchers in even more remote places. The crew took care of all the work so group members could get as involved as they liked but had plenty of time to explore and soak in the sights. Hikes varied from easy strolls to very challenging, but they were always optional and the crew made sure there were alternatives for those who wanted an easier day. Viva did a great job preparing and delivering an amazing trip - highly recommended! :-)Show detailed ratings
- TrishWritten on November 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentViva's Patagonia tour was amazing. I went with a friend and we both had the most fantastic time. We hiked our way through remarkable landscapes, drove over some of the most remote and beautiful parts of the Andes, laughed with new friends and enjoyed the local hospitality over the occassional glass of wine. The crew were wonderful, adapting hikes and arranging guides to cater for everyone's abilites and level of fitness. I will continue to recommend this tour to all my friends and am already planning my next trip with them as soon as possible.Show detailed ratings
- MarikaWritten on November 5, 20125.0 - ExcellentWe found Viva Tours Flexible and accommodating. Racheal always responded to emails and kept us informed from the very beginning. We felt we were still able to do our own thing while being part of a group. The small group size also allowed the guides to have the time to give all passengers the individual attention they needed. The custom built truck allowed us to visit places that would have otherwise been inaccessible so easily and cheaply. The atmosphere was always friendly, fun and open. Thanks for a wonderful holiday VIVA.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Santiago
- Day 2. Santiago → Santa Cruz
- Day 3. Santa Cruz → Pucon
- Day 4 - 5. Pucon
- Day 6. Pucon → Bariloche
- Day 7 - 8. Bariloche
- Day 9. Bariloche → Futaleufu
- Day 10. Futaleufu → Queulat National Park
- Day 11. Queulat National Park
- Day 12. Queulat National Park → Coyhaique
- Day 13. Coyhaique → Ruta 40
- Day 14. Ruta 40
- Day 15. Ruta 40 → El Chalten
- Day 16. El Chalten
- Day 17. El Chalten → El Calafate
- Day 18. El Calafate
- Day 19. El Calafate → Torres Del Paine
- Day 20 - 22. Torres Del Paine
- Day 23. Torres Del Paine → Punta Arenas
- Day 24. Punta Arenas → Cerro Sombrero
- Day 25. Cerro Sombrero → Ushuaia
- Day 26. Ushuaia
- Day 27. Ushuaia → Depart
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Faye11th February 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- PesoChile and Argentina
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Chile and Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Chile and Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Chile and Argentina. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Chile and Argentina. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Santiago is the starting point and Ushuaia is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Viva Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 June 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Viva Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Viva Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,643 km.
- Santiago (Chile)
- 144 km
- Santa Cruz (Chile)
- 520 km
- Pucon (Chile)
- 214 km
- Bariloche (Argentina)
- 22 km
- Nahuel Huapi National Park (Argentina)
- 245 km
- Futaleufu (Chile)
- 146 km
- Parque Nacional Queulat (Chile)
- 126 km
- Coyhaique (Chile)
- 423 km
- El Chalten (Argentina)
- 10 km
- Laguna de los Tres (Argentina)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,118 tours in Latin America
- covered by 91 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wild Patagonia - The Best of Southern Argentina & Chile - Santiago to Ushuaia