Mediterranean Highlights (Start Rome, 13 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,714
- Dance in the streets of Barcelona
- Visit the famous Sistine Chapel
- Cinque Terre over the Mediterranean
- Shop the boutiques of the French Riviera
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KKKylieWritten on January 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Contiki has such an established presence and a wide bandwidth of experience as a tour group that I truly felt like a VIP traveler. Martina Musso, our Trip Manager, was simultaneously our logistics guide, a refreshing and inspirational presence, an unending... Read more
- LCLauraWritten on January 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a fabulous time on the Mediterranean Highlights tour in May/June 2017! Amazing sights with great people and a fantastic, enthusiastic and very organised tour manager. Hearing the day song now still brings back great memories!
- MLMargoWritten on July 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had such an amazing contiki experience. Was honestly the best trip I have ever been on in my life. I learnt so much about the various countries and their history. I met the most amazing people and saw the most beautiful sights. Nihar is a fantastic guide... Read more
- BBryanWritten on July 3, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
If it wasn't for Nihar, the tour would have been very average. What a tour guide? Very well informed about the places we visited and was always keen to go to different places with us! What a champ!
- HHamishWritten on July 3, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip of a life time! Nihar was an amazing tour guide and would recommend to any and all travellers to Europe. His knowledge and enthusiasm for the regions we visited was amazing. He always went above and beyond to ensure everyone was enjoying their... Read more
- KIKarlaWritten on July 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Nihar was amazing. He is very knowledgeable about every spot we visit. He knew about the history and always had a recomendation about cool places to eat or hangout. He also had really good playlists for the roadtrips.
- RLRebeccaWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the most amazing time! Nihar taught me so much and was an amazing tour guide. He really cared about all our well beings, he was funny, and very approachable. Everything went very smoothly and he was very organized.
- LLisaWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the best tour with Nihar as our trip manager. Nihar had a lot knowledge on our destinations and told the history in a fun way. It is evident that he takes a lot of pride in his work.
- ETElenaWritten on May 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I went on the Mediterranean highlights tour with Maite. I was extremely impressed at Maite's ability to relate to all types and groups of people. She was always inviting and made sure no one felt left out. She made a conscious effort every day to talk to... Read more
- MMatthewWritten on May 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The best time of my life!! She's amazing, 10/10 would recommend!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Rome
- Day 2: Rome with Vatican City
- Day 3: Rome to Florence via San Gimignano
- Day 4: Florence
- Day 5: Florence to Italian Riviera via Pisa and Cinque Terre
- Day 6: Italian Riviera to French Riviera
- Day 7: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 8: French Riviera to Avignon via Aix en Provence
- Day 9: Avignon to Barcelona
- Day 10: Barcelona
- Day 11: Barcelona to Madrid via Zaragoza
- Day 12: Madrid
- Day 13: Depart Madrid
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- In-Depth Explorer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
Contiki runs tours exclusively for travellers between the age range of 18-35 years only. They are designed and marketed towards budget-minded young travellers wanting to meet other people their age from all over the world. These tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Are airport transfers included?
Transfers to and from the airport are not included in the tour and it is not possible to prebook them on this tour. Therefore you will need to make your way to & from the airport, however, taxis should be readily available when you arrive.
Are you able to assist with booking additional accommodation?
Contiki does offer some options in regards to accommodation before or after the tour, please contact our customer support team when your booking is confirmed and you will be provided with the options & pricing.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "I am an Australian-born, second generation Italian and I've had a foot in each country and a heart divided..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Mediterranean Highlights (Start Rome, 13 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- February 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Rome13 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$514$2,142-20%USD $1,714
- MondayFeb 25, 2019from Rome13 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Madrid0 seats left$94USD $1,876Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Rome13 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$145USD $2,897
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Rome13 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$145USD $2,907
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Rome13 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$149USD $2,978
- MondayAug 5, 2019from Rome13 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$149USD $2,978
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroItaly , Vatican City (Holy See) , France , Monaco and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rome is the starting point and Madrid is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 January 2019 the full payment of $1,714 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1714 for Mediterranean Highlights (Start Rome, 13 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 3 km
- Vatican City (Vatican City (Holy See))
- 230 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 69 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 71 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 13 km
- Portovenere (Italy)
- 18 km
- Monterosso al Mare (Italy)
- 198 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,714 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,442 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 45 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mediterranean Highlights (Start Rome, 13 Days)