European Magic (Winter)
- Explore Amsterdam's Red Light District
- Float into Venice by boat
- Taste test specialty Swiss chocolates
- Tour the Fragonard perfumery of Paris
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
Start and end in London! With the discovery tour European Magic (Winter), you have a 9 day tour package taking you through London, England and 5 other destinations in Europe. European Magic (Winter) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- TTalyaWritten on April 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was even mOre than I expected! Megs was the best guide you could ask for-so funny, super organised and knowledgeable and always giving us good tips. She goes the extra mile in each country like teaching us about the language, culture, clothing and food. Megs becomes your friend♡ The coach was comfortable and safe and the accommodation was clean and neat.Show detailed ratings
- SMSamanthaWritten on December 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did my Contiki tour, European Magic in September with Greg. What an amazing experience this was... Greg was extremely friendly and made sure that we had the best time ever. He is funny, very helpful and very organised. I was so impressed by the way he remembered all our names from the 1st day...Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on June 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was my first time going to Europe and first time travelling solo as well. Having Megs as my tour manager was the icing on the cake. Megs goes out of her way to make sure everyone is having a great time, she also really tries to get to know each traveller. Would love to have her on a trip again!Show detailed ratings
- EEsmarieWritten on January 6, 20162.0 - Rather poorThis tour was nice in the sense that it covers numerous destinations in a very short time and is ideal for someone who wants to follow a quantity rather than quality approach when seeing Europe. The tour manager was a friendly person and contributed towards a great atmosphere on the tour. Most cities are seen at night as most of the day light is spent in the bus (6-8 hours) at a time. The hotels are not great at all and I picked up bed bugs on my first or second night (difficult to pin point). I had no means to take my clothes to the Laundromat as the hotels did not have this facility and we were not at one place/city long enough to give in the "affected" laundry given the general turnaround time of the laundry services (24 or more hours). The tour manager was not very sympathetic to my situation and did not do anything to go out of his way to help me get the bed bugs out of my clothes - I had to make a decision to not wear any of my clothes for the rest of the tour and I was forced to spent quite a bit of money to get new clothes for the remainder of the tour, as I did not want to take the risk of getting more bites as it burns and itches and is generally gross. I am not sure I would recommend Contiki to friends as the hotels are just not good enough due to it being unhygienic. However if you are not too concerned about hygiene and cleanliness and are lucky enough not to get bed bugs, I would suggest you try this tour as it is a very affordable way of travelling through Europe and a chance to meet new friends. It is a shame that my experience was ruined by something so small as a bed bug and that Contiki did not do much to help me. On the other hand, if you read the reviews of most of the hotels on either TripAdvisor or Booking.com you will notice that there are many complaints about bed bugs at the various hotels Contiki uses and the cleanliness is normally rather 5 or 6 out of 10 - so it should have been expected that someone would get bitten - unfortunately that was me.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Lucerne
- Day 7: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 8: Paris
- Day 9: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for European Magic (Winter), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,518 km.
- London (England)
- 358 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
- 343 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,116 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Magic (Winter)