Road To Rome (13 Days)
Save up to 60% across the globe
ends on 27 Jun 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,306
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Rori "I don't think I've ever seen anyone more awesome at or passionate for her job than Megs. She is so self-motivated to be the absolute best tour guide each and every day, and it comes across so clearly. She puts maximum effort into everything from our hand-drawn itinerary sheets to her knowledge of the cities to making sure everyone in need of a hug gets one. I cannot recommend her more highly!!!! T..."
- Embrace the stylish life of Paris
- Visit the wine region of Burgandy
- See the home of world-famous Oktoberfest
- Private boat rides through Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
Start in London and end in Rome! With the discovery tour Road To Rome (13 Days), you have a 13 day tour package taking you from London to Rome and through London, England and 10 other destinations in Europe. Road To Rome (13 Days) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- JMJesseWritten on December 9, 20164.0 - GoodI was blown away by Kassie. Touring Europe made me somewhat nervous, but everywhere we went, she made me feel comfortable and connected to the City. She always provided us with lots of information and stories and always kept it interesting. The amount of work that trip managers have to do is immense and difficult, but she made it look so fun and easy. Definitely a cut above the rest. Wish I had her for every trip I go on from now on.Show detailed ratings
- AAndrewWritten on December 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentBy far the best tour guide ever! We all had the best time from start to finish and it was all thanks to Kassie! I wouldn't have changed a thing about the whole trip till next time Kassie from Andrew and HannahShow detailed ratings
- BJBrennanWritten on December 3, 20164.0 - GoodMy husband and I went for our honeymoon on the road to Rome tour and Cassie was our guide. Any anxieties or uneasiness we had about traveling in Europe were completely melted away because of Cassie. From the very beginning, she was filled with interesting stories and information of each place we stopped at or passed by that we felt connected to our destinations. She was a constant source of energy and entertainment whether it be the daily travel song, movies, impromptu tours or bus travelling activities. She was always helpful in explaining new cities and pointing out points of interest on city maps so we could plan our day. And not just the general ones either. She always personally asked every individual if there was something we wanted to do or try and always could point us in the right direction. For us personally, she went out of her way one time. A scheduling change allowed us to go to Pompeii with our tour group but we had to find our own way back to Rome as the tour bus was heading to Greece. She figured out the train schedules for us so that we could get back to Rome easily. We appreciate the extra help she provided because Pompeii ended up being one of our favourite stops on the trip and it would not have been possible without her. Thank you Cassie for such a great trip and memorable Honeymoon :-DShow detailed ratings
- PGPatrickWritten on August 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was my second trip with Contiki and once again it exceeded my expectations. This was partly because of the amazing tour manager Areti. She worked very hard to make sure that we saw the all of the major sites in each city and got the most out of each day. This tour covered many different european cities, spending a day or two in each. Whenever we arrived in a new city Areti would outline some of the major destinations, and by the end of the tour she knew the personalities of the people in the group well enough to provide personalized recommendations (where someone would like to shop, or some hike someone would like to take). Great tour, Great tour manager... would recommend this to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- NRNicholasWritten on August 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the road to Rome trip with Areti and it was amazing! It was my first time traveling and my first contiki tour and it was amazing Areti put so much time and effort in to make this trip one to remember and it was absolutely unforgettable. She is a huge part of the reason why I want to travel the world now. She really helped open my eyes to so many thing that I feel I would have missed if it wasn't for her. I know there are plenty of great tour managers but she is special ! Her love for traveling is incredible and it made my trip much better. I can't wait for my next contiki trip but I don't know if I would enjoy it as much if she wasn't there ! She did suck a great job that I wouldn't want to have anyone else!Show detailed ratings
- ABAmyWritten on August 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentBooking my European trip with Contiki was the best decision I've ever made. It was a life-changing experience and I got to do things I never thought I would do. The trip was even more special because of our tour guide, Areti. She took away any nerves I had at the beginning of the trip. She was very knowledgeable about the places we were traveling to and had our group participate in ice breaker activities that would allow for us to all bond and really get to know one another. Areti would even go the extra mile and stay out with us to make sure we'd all come back safe and buy us yummy treats for the bus ride. It's been a year and I wish I could do it all over again. Thank you, Areti!!Show detailed ratings
- RFRoriWritten on July 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentI don't think I've ever seen anyone more awesome at or passionate for her job than Megs. She is so self-motivated to be the absolute best tour guide each and every day, and it comes across so clearly. She puts maximum effort into everything from our hand-drawn itinerary sheets to her knowledge of the cities to making sure everyone in need of a hug gets one. I cannot recommend her more highly!!!! The tour was an absolute blast, and Megs was a huge part of that!!! #noregretsShow detailed ratings
- JTJennaWritten on July 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on Contiki and will definitely recommend it to others. I found our tour manager Lasse very knowledgeable and friendly and made our trip so easy. I enjoyed the excursions and feel like I got a good taste of all the places we visited. I hadn't realised prior to this trip that Contiki did hotel tours rather than just hostel tours, it was a great option for us.Show detailed ratings
- JGJonathanWritten on July 18, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was exactly what we wanted. The itinerary was as we expected but what really made the tour was the people particularity our tour manager who did an outstanding job throughout. I would do another contiki based on this experience and recommend it to others.Show detailed ratings
- CNChristyWritten on July 7, 20164.5 - ExcellentRoad to Rome was absolutely incredible. My Contiki Tour Manager was extremely knowledgeable and made my tour the perfect mix of sight seeing, history, culture and partying. I was lucky enough to share my experiences with a friendly, fun and diverse group of travellers. I would absolutely recommend this tour and my excellent tour guide to anyone who is considering travelling in Europe.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Lucerne
- Day 4: Lucerne to Munich via Liechtenstein
- Day 5: Munich to Austrian Tyrol via Innsbruck
- Day 6: Austrian Tyrol
- Day 7: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 8: Venice
- Day 9: Venice to Florence via Pisa
- Day 10: Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Depart Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "I decided to join the travel industry to contribute to something - in my opinion travel changes lives...."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Road To Rome (13 Days)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
This tour is not available in your region.
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayJul 2, 2018from London14 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Rome0 seats left$75USD $2,988Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 9, 2018from London14 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$75USD $2,988
- MondayJul 30, 2018from London14 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$75USD $2,988
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London14 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$73USD $2,902
- MondaySep 3, 2018from London14 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$73USD $2,902
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Germany , Italy and Vatican City (Holy See)
- FrancSwitzerland and Liechtenstein
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 August 2018 the full payment of $2,306 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2306 for Road To Rome (13 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,997 km.
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 488 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 92 km
- Vaduz (Liechtenstein)
- 190 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 244 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,306 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,653 tours in Europe
- covered by 225 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Road To Rome (13 Days)