London Explorer 4nights
- Our saving
- US $ 595
- Discover the mythical boulders of Stonehenge
- Experience one of London's famous shows
- Wander the London streets
- Have an authentic London night out
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- EMElizabethWritten on October 28, 20162.0 - Rather poorLondon Explorer (4 nights) Although friendly personalities and people to greet you, I did not find this tour particularly helpful. I felt like I could have booked my own night in London without this tour. The Contiki office is conveniently located in the basement of the hotel but from my own research and interest in separate London walking tours (they only knew Evan Evan's) I felt like I knew more than the rep's there to help me. Ahead of time I pictured travel agents equipped with the tools, resources (maps/brochures) and a wide knowledge base to sit down with you and help you map out your time in London. This is how it should be and what I needed, a travel center of experienced agents still mixed with the Contiki vibe. London is a huge, overwhelming city and as a solo traveler never having been overseas I was nervous, anxious and had a lot of questions. I felt rushed when talking with the rep assisting me. The rep's honestly seemed more interested in socializing with each other in their own 'hipster club', you had to approach them. The music is constantly blaring on repeat in the basement making it difficult to concentrate on your research. I packed up and went to my hotel room. After this I did not go back to the Contiki basement again. Their fall hours 9am-8pm (September) and then when I returned from my Great Britain & Ireland tour (to do London Explorer after) in October changed to 11am-7pm. These hours are too limiting for travelers who want to get an early start to their day. The office should be open at 7am daily. I would have liked to have asked more questions and purchased discounted tickets but I wanted to leave earlier than 11am and always returned back to the hotel later than 7pm. The rep also did me a favour by providing me with the London Explorer package ahead so I could use the oyster card for my free time in London before starting Great Britain & Ireland. However, upon return from Great Britain & Ireland they gave me another London package through my trip advisor. It was then my responsibility to return it between the 11am-7pm hours because I obviously didn't have a second voucher to give them. I had to kindly ask a fellow traveler starting later days to return it for me because I was not going to start my limited days in London late or finish early just to return a package they forgot about. The rep's also did not inform me that the included West End Musical ticket could only be redeemed the day of the show you were going to. I went to Encore more than once and they told me they had seen this multiple times with Contiki travelers. This tour was not worth the cost to figure out everything yourself, just an added headache with Contiki and I would not do it again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - 6: London
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Bad by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Festivals & Short Stays
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What is the transportation used on this tour?
The transportation will vary from bus to public transport.
- February 1, 2017
How long does it take to get from one place to another?
Unfortunately we wont be able to give you exact detailed information on how long each travel time will cost, it will depend on the weather and guide.
- August 4, 2016
What time does the tour starts? Is there a point with a fixed time we should meet at?
This particular tour it is quite unlike other tours offered by Contiki, in that there is no group or Trip Leader.
It is more about utilizing Contiki's power as a Tour Operator to get amazing group discounts on the highlights of London- this package includes accommodation, sightseeing and some transportation.
As such there is no particular meeting point or time- you can arrive as you desire on the first day and visit the Contiki Basement in London to receive all vouchers an information.
Their address is 38-51 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0DG, United Kingdom.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Fred10th January 2018
London Explorer 4nights
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- TuesdayFeb 27, 2018from London5 DaysSaturdayMar 3, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- WednesdayFeb 28, 2018from London5 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- ThursdayMar 1, 2018from London5 DaysMondayMar 5, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- FridayMar 2, 2018from London5 DaysTuesdayMar 6, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from London5 DaysWednesdayMar 7, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- SundayMar 4, 2018from London5 DaysThursdayMar 8, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$15USD $595
- MondayMar 5, 2018from London5 DaysFridayMar 9, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$15USD $595
- TuesdayMar 6, 2018from London5 DaysSaturdayMar 10, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$15USD $595
- WednesdayMar 7, 2018from London5 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$15USD $595
- ThursdayMar 8, 2018from London5 DaysMondayMar 12, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$15USD $595
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2018 the full payment of $595 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $595 for London Explorer 4nights, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 123 km
- Stonehenge (England)
- 43 km
- Bath (England)
- 155 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $595 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,430 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on London Explorer 4nights