London Explorer 2nights
- Our saving
- US $ 275
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
1 ReviewWrite a review
- EMElizabethWritten on October 28, 20162.0 - Rather poorLondon Explorer (4 nights) Although friendly personalities and people to greet you, I did not find this tour particularly helpful. I felt like I could have booked my own night in London without this tour. The Contiki office is conveniently located in the basement of the hotel but from my own research and interest in separate London walking tours (they only knew Evan Evan's) I felt like I knew more than the rep's there to help me. Ahead of time I pictured travel agents equipped with the tools, resources (maps/brochures) and a wide knowledge base to sit down with you and help you map out your time in London. This is how it should be and what I needed, a travel center of experienced agents still mixed with the Contiki vibe. London is a huge, overwhelming city and as a solo traveler never having been overseas I was nervous, anxious and had a lot of questions. I felt rushed when talking with the rep assisting me. The rep's honestly seemed more interested in socializing with each other in their own 'hipster club', you had to approach them. The music is constantly blaring on repeat in the basement making it difficult to concentrate on your research. I packed up and went to my hotel room. After this I did not go back to the Contiki basement again. Their fall hours 9am-8pm (September) and then when I returned from my Great Britain & Ireland tour (to do London Explorer after) in October changed to 11am-7pm. These hours are too limiting for travelers who want to get an early start to their day. The office should be open at 7am daily. I would have liked to have asked more questions and purchased discounted tickets but I wanted to leave earlier than 11am and always returned back to the hotel later than 7pm. The rep also did me a favour by providing me with the London Explorer package ahead so I could use the oyster card for my free time in London before starting Great Britain & Ireland. However, upon return from Great Britain & Ireland they gave me another London package through my trip advisor. It was then my responsibility to return it between the 11am-7pm hours because I obviously didn't have a second voucher to give them. I had to kindly ask a fellow traveler starting later days to return it for me because I was not going to start my limited days in London late or finish early just to return a package they forgot about. The rep's also did not inform me that the included West End Musical ticket could only be redeemed the day of the show you were going to. I went to Encore more than once and they told me they had seen this multiple times with Contiki travelers. This tour was not worth the cost to figure out everything yourself, just an added headache with Contiki and I would not do it again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - 4: London
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
What are the highlights of this tour?
This is an amazing tour of England with some amazing highlights such as exploring London like a local, see Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, Big Ben and more!
- May 1, 2017
Are flights included in this package?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- May 1, 2016
Is it possible to join the tour a day later?
You definitely can catch up to the tour, just bear in mind there will be no discount for a late arrival to the tour, and you will have to make your own way to meet up with the group, but you are most welcome to join late.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Pamela1st February 2018
London Explorer 2nights
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- ThursdayFeb 22, 2018from London3 DaysSaturdayFeb 24, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- FridayFeb 23, 2018from London3 DaysSundayFeb 25, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from London3 DaysMondayFeb 26, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- SundayFeb 25, 2018from London3 DaysTuesdayFeb 27, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- MondayFeb 26, 2018from London3 DaysWednesdayFeb 28, 2018to LondonNot available in your region
- TuesdayFeb 27, 2018from London3 DaysThursdayMar 1, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$7USD $275
- WednesdayFeb 28, 2018from London3 DaysFridayMar 2, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$7USD $275
- ThursdayMar 1, 2018from London3 DaysSaturdayMar 3, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$7USD $275
- FridayMar 2, 2018from London3 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$7USD $275
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from London3 DaysMondayMar 5, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$7USD $275
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 April 2018 the full payment of $275 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $275 for London Explorer 2nights, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $275 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,398 tours in Europe
- covered by 181 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,356 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 17,412 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours