European Highlights (14 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,757
- Discover Burgundy's wine country
- Experience the high life in Monaco
- Try some of Germany's 5,000 beers
- Wander the streets of Amsterdam
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- CCaseyWritten on May 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing first experience in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- KWKimberlyWritten on May 15, 20174.0 - GoodI did the European Highlights trip in 2016. It was so different to what I had imagined! Anne-Elyse was an amazing guide and Balazs was an incredible driver. If it wasn't for these two guys my trip would have been only half of what it was. We really were treated like family.Show detailed ratings
- BekyWritten on May 9, 20174.0 - GoodI had an amazing time with Kayla and Timmy, along with the rest of the gang! This is truly a highlights tour, very quick and often rushed (like in munich) but we were lucky to hit Springfest, go to Moulin Rouge. As a veggie, they were very accommodating, although we never really knew what we were having beforehand (it was a nice surprise I guess!). Budget a little extra for tipping and transport if you plan to go out, as you often require metro or uber/taxi to get back to the hotel/hostel. All in all a great tour to introduce myself to Europe, definitely looking to book another in the future!Show detailed ratings
- ATAlexaWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentI'll give Maite a 10/10 as a contiki tour manager!! She was just the best she made the information and history fun to learn. Shes one of the reasons i want to go on another contiki. The best Mama contikiShow detailed ratings
- AAdetteWritten on December 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentKassie made the tour!. From her knowledge of Europe to her sense of humour and professionalism the experience wouldn't have been the same without her guidance. Very greatful to have toured with such a wonderful guide.Show detailed ratings
- MMechelleWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour guide and lovely lady. Thanks for the great memories. XShow detailed ratings
- BSBrodieWritten on September 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentBefore I went on the trip I had an idea of what it would be like, but once the trip begun I realised I had absolutely no idea what kind of adventure I was in for. Everyone in the group became an incredible family and we got to experience and explore so many different places in Europe. Anne-Elyse made the tour what it was. She went above and beyond to make sure every single one of us were having the time of our lives and I, and I'm sure everyone else, will be forever greatful for making our contiki trip the most incredible time of our lives that we will never forget.Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on September 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur guide Matt was excellent. He was able to provide a lot of information on each city and area we visited as well he would consistently go above and beyond to ensure our trip was amazing. One example was he was able to get us into saint Michael basilica in Venice where no other group had been able to. The trip was amazing and in no small part due to Matt.Show detailed ratings
- RSRachaelWritten on September 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was my first time in Europe and I went on the European Highlights tour with Megs. Megs is nothing short of excellence. She was always there for everyone. A great balance of professionalism and someone you can confide in for advice. I have made a friend in Megs and I will forever remember the impact she has had on my life. Contiki is very lucky to have her. She is sweet, caring, kind, funny, and last but not least she is so knowledgeable! Anyone that gets a tour with her is so lucky! I look forward to our paths crossing again one day!:)Show detailed ratings
- JKJesseWritten on September 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentSecond time traveling the European Highlights with Contiki. Loved it so much the first time and was even better the next. Tour guide Matt Grieves really made the experience with his impeccable organisation including extra group activities such as Antibes Land. His delivery of information when visiting the major cities was captivating and exciting with his little tips on places to eat and visit that weren't a major tourist hot spot. Best experience of my life!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region via Fontainebleau
- Day 4: Beaujolais Wine Region to French Riviera
- Day 5: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 6: French Riviera to Florence via Pisa
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome
- Day 9: Rome to Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Munich via Austrian Tyrol
- Day 11: Munich to Rhine Valley via Dachau
- Day 12: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam via Edam
- Day 13: Amsterdam
- Day 14: Amsterdam to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Hight Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki High Energy
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 15, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Royal National Hotel in London at 6.30 am, however, you can also choose to meet up with your group in Paris at Ibis La Villette Cite des Sciences Hotel at 5 pm instead. Please be aware that both starting hotels are subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 15, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are, unfortunately, not available for this tour and you will, therefore, have to make your own way from and to the airport.
- May 15, 2018
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Unfortunately, a single supplement is not available for this tour. If you are a solo traveller, you will be roomed in multi-share accommodation with travellers of the same gender and of similar age.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Went on a Contiki European Whirl in 2013...had such a blast I joined the company. Best decision of my..."
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
European Highlights (14 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to London7 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from London15 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to London0 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European HighlightsSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from London15 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European HighlightsSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London15 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to London8 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London15 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$54USD $2,155+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayJun 15, 2018from London15 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to London8 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayJun 15, 2018from London15 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to London7 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 July 2018 the full payment of $1,757 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1757 for European Highlights (14 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 57 km
- Fontainebleau (France)
- 521 km
- Avignon (France)
- 217 km
- Cote D'azur (France)
- 20 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 239 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,757 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 110 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Highlights (14 Days)