European Highlights (14 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,541
- Discover Burgundy's wine country
- Experience the high life in Monaco
- Try some of Germany's 5,000 beers
- Wander the streets of Amsterdam
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JPJakeWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour, great guideShow detailed ratings
- SSophieButsonWritten on September 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentMeg’s was an incredible tour guide, she had so much knowledge and her energy was contagious. She made my trip something I will never forgetShow detailed ratings
- VCVIPULWritten on September 18, 20184.0 - GoodI had a really great time mostly because of the people on the trip. I was lucky enough to meet people who were like minded and knew how to party. The cons were the camping accomdations in Italy were not the greatest and 2/3 campsites were bedbug ridden (Florence and Rome). I had to get up at 3 am and do laundry to make sure they didn’t creep into my backpack. The contiki crew were diligent and paid for my laundry and bed bug cream and switched rooms. The included meals were good 8/10 times. Overall I had a great time and was v pleased with Dora and miki. I would recommend the trip to my friends with preparing them for the camping sites. Side note: the water pressure was great at all accomdations except Venice and whatever you budget for this trip you will end up going over lol. The FTA were decent wouldn’t recommend the cabaret show and any of the dinners, better off finding other restaurants on yelp, wine tasting was good. I personally wouldn’t do contiki again but if this your first Europe Trip, do it up .Show detailed ratings
- TDTaraWritten on August 7, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw a lot and did a lot in a short amount of time. However, accommodations were sub-par at times and the included breakfasts were typically very minimal. There were also a lot of unanticipated expenses and a lack of AC throughout most of the trip. Overall, it was a good trip.Show detailed ratings
- CCaseyWritten on May 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing first experience in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- KWKimberlyWritten on May 15, 20174.0 - GoodI did the European Highlights trip in 2016. It was so different to what I had imagined! Anne-Elyse was an amazing guide and Balazs was an incredible driver. If it wasn't for these two guys my trip would have been only half of what it was. We really were treated like family.Show detailed ratings
- BekyWritten on May 9, 20174.0 - GoodI had an amazing time with Kayla and Timmy, along with the rest of the gang! This is truly a highlights tour, very quick and often rushed (like in munich) but we were lucky to hit Springfest, go to Moulin Rouge. As a veggie, they were very accommodating, although we never really knew what we were having beforehand (it was a nice surprise I guess!). Budget a little extra for tipping and transport if you plan to go out, as you often require metro or uber/taxi to get back to the hotel/hostel. All in all a great tour to introduce myself to Europe, definitely looking to book another in the future!Show detailed ratings
- SOShanimarieWritten on May 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentMaite is very knowledgeable and fun trip manager.Show detailed ratings
- ATAlexaWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentI'll give Maite a 10/10 as a contiki tour manager!! She was just the best she made the information and history fun to learn. Shes one of the reasons i want to go on another contiki. The best Mama contikiShow detailed ratings
- TTiffanyWritten on May 5, 20174.0 - GoodShe was great! So experienced and informative! So much fun and she was the perfect balance of professional but fun!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region via Fontainebleau
- Day 4: Beaujolais Wine Region to French Riviera
- Day 5: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 6: French Riviera to Florence via Pisa
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome
- Day 9: Rome to Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Munich via Austrian Tyrol
- Day 11: Munich to Rhine Valley via Dachau
- Day 12: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam via Edam
- Day 13: Amsterdam
- Day 14: Amsterdam to London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Royal National Hotel in London at 6.30 am, however, you can also choose to meet up with your group in Paris at Ibis La Villette Cite des Sciences Hotel at 5 pm instead. Please be aware that both starting hotels are subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Contiki is unable to arrange transfers for this tour so you will have to make your own way from and to the airport.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is not available for this tour as Contiki is unable to organise a private room. If you are a solo traveller, you will be roomed in multi-share accommodation with travellers of the same gender and of similar age.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Went on a Contiki European Whirl in 2013...had such a blast I joined the company. Best decision of my..."
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- MaElma, 45 years old25th September 2018
European Highlights (14 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from London15 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to London7 seats left$106USD $2,119+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from London15 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Amsterdam7 seats left$106USD $2,119+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayApr 26, 2019from London15 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to London10+ seats left$110USD $2,205+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayApr 26, 2019from London15 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$110USD $2,205+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayMay 10, 2019from London15 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to London10+ seats left$110USD $2,205+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridayMay 10, 2019from London15 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$110USD $2,205+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundayMay 19, 2019from London15 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to London9 seats left$113USD $2,269+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundayMay 19, 2019from London15 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Amsterdam9 seats left$113USD $2,269+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundayMay 26, 2019from London15 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to London10+ seats left$113USD $2,269+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundayMay 26, 2019from London15 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$113USD $2,269+ $320 Food Fund European Highlights
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 November 2018 the full payment of $1,541 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1541 for European Highlights (14 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 57 km
- Fontainebleau (France)
- 292 km
- Beaujolais (France)
- 242 km
- Avignon (France)
- 211 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 239 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,541 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,374 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 118 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Highlights (14 Days)