European Highlights (14 Days)
- Discover Burgundy's wine country
- Experience the high life in Monaco
- Try some of Germany's 5,000 beers
- Wander the streets of Amsterdam
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- TDTaraWritten on August 7, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw a lot and did a lot in a short amount of time. However, accommodations were sub-par at times and the included breakfasts were typically very minimal. There were also a lot of unanticipated expenses and a lack of AC throughout most of the trip. Overall, it was a good trip.Show detailed ratings
- CCaseyWritten on May 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing first experience in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- KWKimberlyWritten on May 15, 20174.0 - GoodI did the European Highlights trip in 2016. It was so different to what I had imagined! Anne-Elyse was an amazing guide and Balazs was an incredible driver. If it wasn't for these two guys my trip would have been only half of what it was. We really were treated like family.Show detailed ratings
- BekyWritten on May 9, 20174.0 - GoodI had an amazing time with Kayla and Timmy, along with the rest of the gang! This is truly a highlights tour, very quick and often rushed (like in munich) but we were lucky to hit Springfest, go to Moulin Rouge. As a veggie, they were very accommodating, although we never really knew what we were having beforehand (it was a nice surprise I guess!). Budget a little extra for tipping and transport if you plan to go out, as you often require metro or uber/taxi to get back to the hotel/hostel. All in all a great tour to introduce myself to Europe, definitely looking to book another in the future!Show detailed ratings
- SOShanimarieWritten on May 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentMaite is very knowledgeable and fun trip manager.Show detailed ratings
- ATAlexaWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentI'll give Maite a 10/10 as a contiki tour manager!! She was just the best she made the information and history fun to learn. Shes one of the reasons i want to go on another contiki. The best Mama contikiShow detailed ratings
- TTiffanyWritten on May 5, 20174.0 - GoodShe was great! So experienced and informative! So much fun and she was the perfect balance of professional but fun!Show detailed ratings
- AAdetteWritten on December 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentKassie made the tour!. From her knowledge of Europe to her sense of humour and professionalism the experience wouldn't have been the same without her guidance. Very greatful to have toured with such a wonderful guide.Show detailed ratings
- MMechelleWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour guide and lovely lady. Thanks for the great memories. XShow detailed ratings
- BSBrodieWritten on September 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentBefore I went on the trip I had an idea of what it would be like, but once the trip begun I realised I had absolutely no idea what kind of adventure I was in for. Everyone in the group became an incredible family and we got to experience and explore so many different places in Europe. Anne-Elyse made the tour what it was. She went above and beyond to make sure every single one of us were having the time of our lives and I, and I'm sure everyone else, will be forever greatful for making our contiki trip the most incredible time of our lives that we will never forget.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region via Fontainebleau
- Day 4: Beaujolais Wine Region to French Riviera
- Day 5: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 6: French Riviera to Florence via Pisa
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome
- Day 9: Rome to Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Munich via Austrian Tyrol
- Day 11: Munich to Rhine Valley via Dachau
- Day 12: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam via Edam
- Day 13: Amsterdam
- Day 14: Amsterdam to London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- High Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki High Energy Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Royal National Hotel in London at 6.30 am, however, you can also choose to meet up with your group in Paris at Ibis La Villette Cite des Sciences Hotel at 5 pm instead. Please be aware that both starting hotels are subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Contiki is unable to arrange transfers for this tour so you will have to make your own way from and to the airport.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is not available for this tour as Contiki is unable to organise a private room. If you are a solo traveller, you will be roomed in multi-share accommodation with travellers of the same gender and of similar age.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Went on a Contiki European Whirl in 2013...had such a blast I joined the company. Best decision of my..."
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
European Highlights (14 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from London15 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from London15 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundaySep 2, 2018from London15 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to London9 seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- SundaySep 2, 2018from London15 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Amsterdam9 seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from London15 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from London15 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to London7 seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from London15 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridaySep 14, 2018from London15 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
- FridaySep 14, 2018from London15 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats left$55USD $2,199+ $300 Food Fund European Highlights
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 September 2018 the full payment of $1,708 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1708 for European Highlights (14 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 57 km
- Fontainebleau (France)
- 521 km
- Avignon (France)
- 217 km
- Cote D'azur (France)
- 20 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 239 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,708 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,978 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 115 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Highlights (14 Days)