European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 5,914
- See Barcelona's unique architecture
- Discover Venice's hidden treasures
- Visit Europe's oldest city, Athens
- View Santorini's iconic landscapes
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- BJBrynWritten on January 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was my first time heading to Europe and travelling overseas by myself. It was a great primer to discovering my travel bug and we went to so many cities and ticked off a lot of bucket list items. It encouraged me to start a travel blog. As the tour is so massive i had to write a 3 part review for it on my blog. Check it out at Wanderlust Hacker. Contiki European Explorer Tour Part 1 (France, Spain & Italy) https://www.wanderlusthacker.com/contiki-european-explorer-tour-review-part-1/ Contiki European Explorer Tour Part 2 (Greece, Greek Islands, Albania & Croatia) https://www.wanderlusthacker.com/contiki-european-explorer-tour-part-2/ Contiki European Explorer Tour Part 3 (Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands & Conclusion) https://www.wanderlusthacker.com/contiki-european-explorer-tour-review-part-3/Show detailed ratings
- ECEzraWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentI couldn't have dreamed of a better tour guide. Made our trip exciting and a truly life changing experience. Ebony is a European expert and goes above and beyond to make sure you get the best experience with her knowledge and energy she brings to each day of the tour. You truly get more than your moneys worth with this one. Thanks for the most special and memorable month of my life on the European explorer xoShow detailed ratings
- ASAshleighWritten on April 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy first Contiki tour was with Megs. I had 2 more that followed straight after and I can say hands down Megs was the best tour manager ever!!! She made everyday so exciting and looking forward to what fun amazing adventures she would take us on! She made learning history fun and relatable to our way of living now! Our group was one of the closest she has ever had we became a family by day 2 and saying goodbye at the end was like saying goodbye to family, very hard but we knew it wasn't forever. Megs made you want to get up each day and explore the beautiful things this world has to offer. She is by far an asset for Contiki and because of her I would book again!Show detailed ratings
- GGeorgWritten on April 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentMeg is literally the best thing that can happen to you. Seriously. Me and the group spent almost a month together with her and it's really weird when someone's just a crazy persons level of happy every everyday, and doesn't have to act like it. She's a burst of bubbles and sunshine, who's personality and morning tour rituals go with you for a lifetime. Your Red Bull guys!Show detailed ratings
- JamilaWritten on December 17, 20163.0 - AverageI was travelling on my own and thought Contiki would be a great way to do it - I loved the tour I was on from all the cities we went to - to the company I was with. Some of the hotels weren't as nice to stay in and a little bit scary but thats honestly my only negative feedback! Contiki is very fast paced but jam packed with so many cities - I recommend it as a way to meet people and fit a lot of cities in in a small time frame!Show detailed ratings
- MDMarinaWritten on December 9, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had Kassie as my tour manager for 2 contiki tours and she was fantastic. On the first tour she was always so happy to help, she went out of her way to make my trip amazing. When I found out she was going to be my tour manager for my second trip I was absolutely stoked. She remembered me from the tour 2 years prior and was just as helpful, fun and informative on all the countries we visited. Words cannot describe how awesome she is and I would be thrilled to do another tour with herShow detailed ratings
- LLeahWritten on December 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentHi So I travelled with contiki two years ago and did the European explorer plus Greek island cruising tour. Our tour guide Kassie was amazing. She just had a wealth of knowledge about all the places that we visited. Being it was my first time travelling around Europe, I couldn't fault it. This tour had a bit of everything, history lessons, down time for yourself and great fun group activities. Although the long bus rides can make you very tired, Kassie was able to make the time go fast. Either we would play games or watch movies which were related to our next destination. Kassie would always have time to answer any questions that I had. I will always remember and she will probably remember this aswell lol. We were in Venice and I am a collector of Venetian masks. I asked Kassie, wheres the best place to buy a authentic Venetian mask. She was kind enough to wait for me and some others after we had finished our walking tour to walk us to a mask shop. The manager of this shop even gave us a demonstration on how he makes the masks. I spent about one hour in this shop, trying to find the perfect mask, I purchased three and spent a few euros, but well worth it. After this trip, I have memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. In the future I will hopefully go on another contiki tour, however, the expectations are high after having Kassie as a tour guide. Thanks heaps Kassie and contiki!Show detailed ratings
- CBClaireWritten on December 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentKassie was an amazing tour guide she was full if information and shared it a very entertaing way. She frequently went out of her way to so something extra to enhance the experience.Show detailed ratings
- RPRichardWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentKassie is a wonderful helpful tour manager nothing was to much trouble. It was like she enjoyed answering everyone's questions like "what's the wifi password" and "how much longer till we stop" "what time is breakfast" she always had a smile on her face was full of knowledge about everywhere we went. She even told stories about places we wasn't even visiting on our trip. She would always go above and beyond to help anybody and make our trip as awesome as it could be. My only criticism is that she needs to bring a step to stand on when she talks on the coach as if you are sat anywhere other than the first 3 rows you can't see her because she is so small.Show detailed ratings
- AAiveyWritten on December 3, 20164.0 - GoodDid the European Explorer + Mykonos Island Contiki tour back in 2014 with Kassie being the trip manager. Kassie was such an awesome tour guide. Great knowledge, always smiling, and above all knows how to make the trip fun and memorable. Have completed two other Contiki tours in the Americas region since then, but none have been as great as Kassie's!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Lyon
- Day 4: Lyon to Barcelona
- Day 5: Barcelona
- Day 6: Barcelona to The Riviera
- Day 7: The Riviera
- Day 8: The Riviera to Venice
- Day 9: Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Rome to Sorrento
- Day 14: Sorrento to Greece
- Day 15: To Athens
- Day 16: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 17: Cruising to Patmos via Kusadasi
- Day 18: Cruising to Rhodes
- Day 19: Cruising to Santorini via Crete
- Day 20: Santorini to Preveza
- Day 21: Preveza to Tirana
- Day 22: Tirana to Dubrovnik
- Day 23: Dubrovnik
- Day 24: Dubrovnik to Zadar
- Day 25: Zadar to Vienna
- Day 26: Vienna
- Day 27: Vienna to Munich
- Day 28: Munich to Lucerne
- Day 29: Lucerne
- Day 30: Lucerne to Rhine Valley
- Day 31: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam
- Day 32: Amsterdam
- Day 33: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In Depth
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2016
Are tours still operating in Turkey?
It depends which tour as each tour operator needs to decide how they are going to approach the situation.
- June 20, 2016
Can I do this tour if I'm over 35 years old?
Sorry, Contiki is a budget tour operator offering tours for 18-35 year olds only, with no exceptions able to be made. Please have a look on the Tourradar website to see similar Europe itineraries for all ages.
- April 1, 2016
Can I bring a laundry powder?
If you wanted to bring laundry powder with you that's fine or else many of the hotels are located near supermarkets and you will have opportunities to buy it on the road.
Guides who have led this tour
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,944$6,944-28%USD $5,000+ $350 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,944$6,944-28%USD $5,000+ $350 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $288USD $6,912
34 Days, with Mykonos version
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $288USD $6,912
End Amsterdam, 34 Days, with Mykonos version
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to London8 seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $278USD $6,666+ $350 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $278USD $6,666+ $350 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to London8 seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $288USD $6,912
34 Days, with Mykonos version
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $288USD $6,912
End Amsterdam, 34 Days, with Mykonos version
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $286USD $6,857+ $350 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from London34 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftOnly 10 hours left toSave $286USD $6,857+ $350 additional upfront costs
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco , Italy , Greece , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain, Greece, Turkey, Albania and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Turkey and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 June 2018 the full payment of $5,914 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5914 for European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 392 km
- Lyon (France)
- 532 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 465 km
- Cannes (France)
- 26 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 341 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 203 km
- Florence (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,914 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,745 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 59 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)