European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 6,241
- See Barcelona's unique architecture
- Discover Venice's hidden treasures
- Visit Europe's oldest city, Athens
- View Santorini's iconic landscapes
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- HHollygoldsmithWritten on October 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Best tour manager, very knowledgeable and fun!!
- BJBrynWritten on January 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was my first time heading to Europe and travelling overseas by myself. It was a great primer to discovering my travel bug and we went to so many cities and ticked off a lot of bucket list items. It encouraged me to start a travel blog. As the tour is... Read more
- ECEzraWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I couldn't have dreamed of a better tour guide. Made our trip exciting and a truly life changing experience. Ebony is a European expert and goes above and beyond to make sure you get the best experience with her knowledge and energy she brings to each day... Read more
- ASAshleighWritten on April 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My first Contiki tour was with Megs. I had 2 more that followed straight after and I can say hands down Megs was the best tour manager ever!!! She made everyday so exciting and looking forward to what fun amazing adventures she would take us on! She made... Read more
- GGeorgWritten on April 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Meg is literally the best thing that can happen to you. Seriously. Me and the group spent almost a month together with her and it's really weird when someone's just a crazy persons level of happy every everyday, and doesn't have to act like it. She's a... Read more
- JamilaWritten on December 17, 20163.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I was travelling on my own and thought Contiki would be a great way to do it - I loved the tour I was on from all the cities we went to - to the company I was with. Some of the hotels weren't as nice to stay in and a little bit scary but thats honestly my... Read more
- MDMarinaWritten on December 9, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had Kassie as my tour manager for 2 contiki tours and she was fantastic. On the first tour she was always so happy to help, she went out of her way to make my trip amazing. When I found out she was going to be my tour manager for my second trip I was... Read more
- LLeahWritten on December 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Hi So I travelled with contiki two years ago and did the European explorer plus Greek island cruising tour. Our tour guide Kassie was amazing. She just had a wealth of knowledge about all the places that we visited. Being it was my first time travelling... Read more
- CBClaireWritten on December 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Kassie was an amazing tour guide she was full if information and shared it a very entertaing way. She frequently went out of her way to so something extra to enhance the experience.
- RPRichardWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Kassie is a wonderful helpful tour manager nothing was to much trouble. It was like she enjoyed answering everyone's questions like "what's the wifi password" and "how much longer till we stop" "what time is breakfast" she always had a smile on her face was... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Lyon via Fontainebleau
- Day 4: Lyon to Barcelona
- Day 5: Barcelona
- Day 6: Barcelona to French Riviera
- Day 7: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 8: French Riviera to Venice via Verona
- Day 9: Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome via Pisa
- Day 12: Rome with Vatican City
- Day 13: Rome to Sorrento via Capri
- Day 14: Sorrento to Overnight Adriatic Ferry via Pompeii and Bari
- Day 15: Overnight Adriatic Ferry to Athens
- Day 16: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 17: Cruising to Patmos via Kusadasi
- Day 18: Patmos to Rhodes
- Day 19: Cruising to Santorini via Crete
- Day 20: Santorini to Preveza via Athens
- Day 21: Preveza to Tirana
- Day 22: Tirana to Dubrovnik via Budva
- Day 23: Dubrovnik
- Day 24: Dubrovnik to Zadar via Split
- Day 25: Zadar to Vienna
- Day 26: Vienna
- Day 27: Vienna to Munich via Mauthausen
- Day 28: Munich to Lucerne via Lichtenstein
- Day 29: Lucerne
- Day 30: Lucerne to Rhine Valley
- Day 31: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam via Edam
- Day 32: Amsterdam
- Day 33: Amsterdam to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are tours still operating in Turkey?
It depends which tour as each tour operator needs to decide how they are going to approach the situation.
Can I do this tour if I'm over 35 years old?
Sorry, Contiki is a budget tour operator offering tours for 18-35 year olds only, with no exceptions able to be made. Please have a look on the Tourradar website to see similar Europe itineraries for all ages.
Can I bring a laundry powder?
If you wanted to bring laundry powder with you that's fine or else many of the hotels are located near supermarkets and you will have opportunities to buy it on the road.
Guides who have led this tour
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "I'm a Greek Aussie with huge passion for exploring the world and experiencing it with great people. I've..."
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gerry, 64 years old6th November 2018
European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to London10+ seats left$351USD $7,025+ $360 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to London10+ seats left$355USD $7,092
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$355USD $7,092
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to LondonOnly 1 seat left$369USD $7,381+ $360 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to London8 seats left$373USD $7,453
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Amsterdam8 seats left$373USD $7,453
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to London9 seats left$379USD $7,586+ $360 additional upfront costs
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to London9 seats left$383USD $7,662
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to Amsterdam9 seats left$383USD $7,662
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from London34 DaysThursdayAug 1, 2019to London10+ seats left$379USD $7,586+ $360 additional upfront costs
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Greece , Montenegro , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain, Greece, Turkey, Albania, Montenegro and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Albania and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Turkey and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 January 2019 the full payment of $6,241 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $6241 for European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 57 km
- Fontainebleau (France)
- 335 km
- Lyon (France)
- 532 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 503 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 341 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,241 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 60 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Explorer Plus Greek Island Cruising (33 Days)