Best of Europe (start Amsterdam)
- Explore Amsterdam like a local - by bike!
- Get lost in search of street art in Berlin
- Sample Czech pilsner in Prague
- Pizza, pasta and wine in Rome
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- LPLaDawnWritten on December 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy Contiki trip in early summer 2013 was a memorable, exciting adventure that I recall fondly. Probably one of the best vacations ever! Our group was such an incredible bunch of kindhearted, fun-loving people and the trip could not have been better. Kassie was amazing as our tour guide and truly made the entire trip as seamless and easygoing as possible. She is such an infectious energy and is super helpful, knowledgeable and upbeat.Show detailed ratings
- AAmandaWritten on December 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentI went on a European tour with Kassie and it was one of the best experiences ever. A lot of people who go on these tours are unaware of how much more enjoyable the tours are with an experience tour guide. It makes all the difference in the world - seriously. Kassie had great ideas and feedback for what to do during our free time, she is very knowledgeable about every city we visited, and she was as to connect with all regardless of age - for some like me I wasn't into all of the activites offered abd that was ok! Overall Kassie was terrific!Show detailed ratings
- KSKoryWritten on December 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was my 2nd contiki trip. Kassie was so fun, funny, warm and informative. We could ask her anything and she came up with great tips and ideas for us to sightseeShow detailed ratings
- MPMichaelWritten on December 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentWhat not can be said about Kassie? It's hard to understand that so much awesomeness contained in such a small package! Kassie was friendly, funny, approachable and knowledgable. It also helped having a fellow Aussie running the tour, so she 'got it'. It was my first contiki and it was daunting to travel with complete strangers but Kassie bridges that divide with her tour. It's not all about getting drunk and partying, it was about enjoying your trip away, Kassie gave options along with being helpful if you wanted to know more about a location, place or activity. Her worldly experience was second to none. She looked out for everyone and made sure you were having fun. Plus, if you just wanted to go home, she was accomodating to make sure you got home safe. I can't imagine how hard it is keeping 30+ people under control and there were a few divas, but Kassie handled this with ease. I had the pleasure of travelling with Kassie for 10days in May2013, from Amsterdam to Rome. It seems like yesterday that I left but I have so many memories from that trip and she made it so much better. I would wish Kassie the very best in her next adventure and contiki are lucky to have her, keep her if you can and it would be a great loss to contiki if you let her go.Show detailed ratings
- GGregWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentCould not have asked for more of an enthusiastic and knowledge tour guide to have gone on our trip back in 2013. Kassie was always available and always ready to make the experience truly once-in-a-lifetime and for that I'll always greatly appreciate all that she did for us as a tour guide. There's no one better!Show detailed ratings
- EEliseWritten on August 4, 20164.0 - GoodAreti was the most incredible trip manager you could ask for! Ridiculously knowledgable about everything and always willing to go far beyond expectations!Show detailed ratings
- JDJamie-LeeWritten on May 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentBest thing I have ever done I can't wait to do another one next year :) the trip was what I expected and more had the best time. Both Megs and the bus driver made me feel comfortable and went out of there way to help me when I was sick. I highly recommend Contiki and Megs :)Show detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on May 24, 20154.5 - ExcellentBrianna was amazing and I know having her as my guide made all the differenceShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin
- Day 5: Berlin to Prague
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 6 - 8: Rome
- Day 9: Prague to Rome
- Day 10: Depart Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Easy Pace: take it slow with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 23, 2015
What is the intra tour air price for?
This covers the internal flight during the tour so to secure your flight booking it needs to be paid up front before the tour departs.
- April 23, 2015
What is intra tour air tax?
The intra tour air tax covers the air taxes for the flights included on this tour. It's imposed by the airlines and therefore needs to be paid before the tour departs to secure your flight as a part of this tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I decided to join the travel industry to contribute to something - in my opinion travel changes lives...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Germany and Italy
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Amsterdam is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Best of Europe (start Amsterdam), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 577 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 280 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 922 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,241 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,120 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Europe (start Amsterdam)