Start planning your tour
Start and end in Chiang Mai! With the Elephant tour Elephant Conservation Experience in Huay Pakoot, Thailand, you have a 14 days tour package taking you through Chiang Mai, Thailand. Elephant Conservation Experience in Huay Pakoot, Thailand includes accommodation in a hotel as well as meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Arrive in Chiang Mai
- Day 2: Travel to Huay Pakoot
- Day 3: First Day on Project
- Days 4 - 6: Project Activities
- Days 7 - 8: Your Weekend
- Days 9 - 13: Project Activities
- Day 14: Return Home
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Kristina· March 20th, 2018I recently spent an extended amount of time in Huay Pakoot Thailand. It was a fantastic and magical place full of excitement, adventure and culture. I spent my mornings observing elephant behaviour and getting to know their mahouts. My homestay family... Show moreTrip date: August 2016
- LLottie· February 5th, 2018I have been on this project for a month and am absolutely loving it. GVI offers the opportunity to watch the elephants in the forests giving a more natural experience for the volunteers and a better life for the elephants. During my time so far I have... Show moreTrip date: January 2018
- ILIsabel· February 5th, 2018GVI is the best experience of my life EVER!! I have been on project for five months and it is amazing to get to see elephants in their natural habitat as well as teach local kids at the school!! I would absolutely recommend this program for anyone... Show moreTrip date: September 2017
- VIVictoria· November 15th, 2017Completing an internship on the Elephant Reintroduction programme is one of my proudest achievements to date. It was a complete honour to have had the chance to experience the real authentic Thai culture, whilst living with my host family and being... Show moreTrip date: April 2016
- MMarna· November 14th, 2017GVI has been truly amazing helping me getting ready for my trip to Thailand Chiang Mai. Being in Thailand was a great experience and I learned so much from the local people and the GVI staff. GVI staff met me at the airport and was with me for my... Show moreTrip date: August 2016
- SJSam· November 4th, 2017I recently volunteered with GVI in Thailand. I had an incredible experience with them both before the expedition and during my time in the country. On the secondd day, we came to the ‘Cave temple’, so called because it is situated in a huge cavern at... Show moreTrip date: July 2017
- CChelsea· November 5th, 2016I have done a few GVI programs and had a great time. The programs are very different from one another but I definitely walked away with a lifetime experience each time! :)Trip date: March 2016
- EBEmily· October 18th, 2016I participated in a three month internship with the elephants in Thailand, and I wish I could have stayed longer! Getting to be a part of an amazing project like this was truly a life-changing experience. There is nothing better than waking up with the... Show moreTrip date: May 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this program mainly focused on wildlife or is there opportunity to get involved in the community?
- I see this project involves quite a bit of hiking, what is the physical fitness requirement?
- I need to do an internship as part of my study course, am I able to use this program for my internship
- What are some tips for volunteers travelling out to the field?
- What are the various durations of this program that are available
- Where is the project based & how far is the closest town?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Discover TourRadar