- Our saving
- US $ 788
- +3 Destinations
- Western Cuba
- Learn to salsa dance in Vinales
- Chill and swim at Cayo Jutias
- Soak up Havana’s vibrant culture
- Let loose to the Afro-Cuban rumba
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- ElizabethWritten on March 26, 20185.0 - Excellent5 stars to our tour guide – without a doubt I could not have asked for a better guide than Eduardo (Eddie)! Unfortunately I could not rate the company 5 stars due to the reasons below. Cuba is an amazing place and this was a great way to see the Western side of the country. In reality there are only really 5 days of activities, not 7 but this leaves you with some free time to explore Havana on either end. One of the highlights of the trip was our guide Eddie – he was so friendly, interesting and went over and above to be helpful, giving me extra advice on the last day on what to do when I left to travel on my own. He was so knowledgeable about the history and culture of Cuba and was open to discussing all questions we threw at him. The driver Modesto was also a nice addition to the group, I wish I had spoken more Spanish to have found out more! The accommodation was great all through the tour, and the food provided by the casas was lovely. The activities were all really fun. Unfortunately one day of activities – the beach trip – was cancelled and we were left to pay for alternatives that day instead. The road to the beach we were supposed to go to was too dangerous. The company knew that the beach trip may be cancelled before the tour started but we were only informed of the risk on the first day of the tour and then confirmed cancellation the day before the beach trip. This left us with a free day to pay for our own excursions. I was also disappointed with the way my trip was dealt with prior to departure. I was due to arrive in Cuba the day before the tour started. I was originally informed by the company (TourRadar/Intrepid? I am not sure who is responsible for this) that, for an extra fee, they would book my first night’s accommodation in the casa that I would be staying in on the first day of the tour and this would also cover my airport transfer. However, shortly before my trip they cancelled this arrangement, saying it was no longer possible to book me in this casa but could not give me the name or location of the casa for me to try to arrange this independently as they had not yet booked it. When I did arrive for the tour my roommate who also arrived the day before the trip started, had been alone in the casa the night before with an empty bed next to her! Her extra night had been arranged through the company. All of this resulted in being left to arrange my own casa and transfer at the last minute (costing more with limited availability) and as the company couldn't even inform me of their casa location, I unknowingly booked mine some distance away resulting in an additional expensive taxi ride from my casa to the tour casa. The additional costs, inconvenience and poor communication that resulted from this would make me think twice about booking another Intrepid tour. I am so disappointed that I can’t give 5 stars, as I absolutely couldn’t fault our guide and he really made up for these hiccups. In the end I absolutely loved my time in Cuba and would recommend the country to anyone. Perhaps I was just unlucky with this particular trip.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re very glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and were particularly happy with your guide, Eddie. However, we were disappointed to read that other aspects of the trip, particularly the service you received prior to departure, let you down. We’d love to better understand your experience, as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Intrepid
- LeanneWritten on February 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had a wonderful time with my Intrepid group on the Western Cuba tour. Our guide Orledis, and our driver Nelson, were great fun joining in dominoes games and salsa classes, and very knowledgeable about Cuba. They also sneakily arranged for a birthday cake which was delicious and we all enjoyed with a cocktail on a pitstop to Saroa. The included activities were fascinating, visiting the medicinal farm, the tobacco farm and Callejon de Hamel. And the salsa dancing, which we put into very good practice at Polo Monatnez nightclub in Vinales! Half of our group had just come from the Eastern tour of Cuba which sounded fantastic, and one for me to try in the future. An unforgettable week with new friends, thank you!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Leanne, Thank you for sharing your experience in Cuba with us, sounds like you had a fantastic time… we only wish you had shared some videos of the salsa dancing! We’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you on another trip again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- MAMitziWritten on April 27, 20174.0 - GoodI thoroughly enjoyed my tour. My guide was fantastic and made every effort to keep organized and give us his very best! I enjoyed staying with Cuban families, the accommodations were clean and simple. We had the right mix of activities and down time. A memorable experience!Show detailed ratings
- WLWeipingWritten on December 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis trip is good and gave me good opportunity to see Cuba.Show detailed ratings
- JennyWritten on May 3, 20144.5 - ExcellentHad an amazing time, saw an amazing place and met some amazing people!!! Natalia - our guide- was a gem. She took us on a tour through Havana, explained to us where all the different influences are from, how to spend our money wisely, where to eat, where to change money,... Vinales offered some great homestays, a walk through a botanical garden and the tobacco plantations. We also had a great dinner with the tour on an organic farm, with great food and drinks. You felt completely welcome, which is something I was somewhat scared of as I traveled alone. Maria La Gorda offered a lot of free time. We booked a sunset cruise, which was about $20 but offered free drinks ;). You also have the option to scuba dive and snorkel, both are fun but don't offer the greatest underwater experience. Weather and drinks were amazing. The food in Maria La Gorda was .. well disappointing after the meals we had in Vinales. It's a place just for tourists so it's understandable. All in all a fantastic trips! I would go back, once I crossed off the rest on my bucket list!Show detailed ratings
- KalaiWritten on April 12, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was the most amazing tour/ holiday i have ever been on. The people were so friendly and super welcoming and its makes such a difference when people are genuinely interested in where you come from and go beyond the call of duty to make you happy. The guide (Valerie) was able to answer questions about politics, local flora and fauna, local customs, menu options, places to shop or go out. He was also very funny and took time to get to know everyone. On our visit to Maria La Gorda, where many of the activities were optional, Valerie walked around the resort on a regular basis to hang out with us and make sure that we were all ok. When the tour ended I had a serious case of the post-holiday blues as we became a merry bunch filled with hangovers and personal jokes. People should be warned that this tour is awesome and you will leave wanting more.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 30, 20104.0 - GoodCuba is a beautiful but challenging country to run a tourist orientated trip in a communist country. It was an excellent taste of latin america. Be warned - Cuba is very expensive, tourism is their main income and everything charged.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 23, 20105.0 - Excellentgreat overview of cuba in a week. although i just want to learn more now. a curious country unlike anything ive ever visited. it was good to see cuba in person and not just as a place on the news.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 17, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis was the perfect introduction to Cuba. It was a good mix of city, countryside and beach time.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 3, 20105.0 - Excellenti had a great time whit interpid an very nice backpack experiance
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Havana
- Day 2: Soroa
- Day 3: Vinales
- Day 4: Vinales
- Day 5: Vinales / Cayo Jutias / Vinales
- Day 6: Havana
- Day 7: Havana
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 18, 2017
What about flights and visas?
International flights are not included in the price of the tour, nor are visas. Visas and flights remain the responsibility of the individual traveller prior to joining the tour on the start date of the tour.
For flights, we reccommend you check skyscanner.com for the best available deals.
Fir Visas to Cuba we reccommend you check out this handy article for US citizens:
- December 1, 2016
What is the age range of most the passengers on this tour?
The Western Cuba tour is designed for passengers from 15 to 70 years old.
- November 1, 2016
Can you help me with my visa?
Unfortunately we are unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Havana8 seats left$164$1,090-15%USD $926
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Havana10+ seats leftUSD $1,090
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Havana7 seats left$164$1,090-15%USD $926
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Havana7 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Havana10+ seats left$262$1,050-25%USD $788
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Havana9 seats left$210$1,050-20%USD $840
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Havana8 seats leftUSD $1,050
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Havana9 seats left$52$1,050-5%USD $998
- ThursdayAug 9, 2018from Havana7 DaysWednesdayAug 15, 2018to Havana10+ seats left$54$1,080-5%USD $1,026
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Havana7 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Havana10+ seats left$52$1,050-5%USD $998
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Havana7 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to Havana10+ seats left$52$1,050-5%USD $998
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Havana.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $788 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $788 for Western Cuba, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Havana (Cuba)
- 65 km
- Las Terrazas (Cuba)
- 83 km
- Vinales (Cuba)
- 76 km
- Soroa (Cuba)
- 74 km
- Havana (Cuba)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $788 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,238 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Cuba
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers