Best of Cuba
- US $ 2,240
- Enjoy famous Coppelia ice cream
- Salsa dance with locals in Trinidad
- Tour Camaguey by bicycle taxi
- Visit Santiago’s El Morro Castle
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Rather Poor
- AyeshaWritten on January 30, 20184.0 - GoodThis trip provided a comprehensive overview of the best that Cuba has to offer. Our guide, Yanna (and our bus driver Thomas!), was very informative and safely escorted us from each city and suggested a range of activities to fill our days. She was also very receptive to questions about the state of change that Cuba is undergoing and what the Cuban people are experiencing. The only thing we would change about the itinerary is spending less time in Camaguey and maybe more time by the beach - we thought it would have been nice to have more opportunities to spend by the seaside. We had some great travel companions as well which was appreciated. Overall we highly enjoyed the trip!Show detailed ratings
- AKAngelaWritten on January 10, 20173.0 - AverageOverall the tour was ok. Cuba is definitely a country to visit. Our guide, Margarita, was very friendly and helpful, although her knowledge and information she provided were rather succinct and superficial. There were some issues with accommodation (incl. broken beds, rooms without windows, moist, etc...) and a bit too much of touristy group activities (stopping at tourist shopping places etc.). What was disappointing was the fact that our group never happened to be in the right place at the right moment (where special event like New Year Eve concert would take place). Last but not least, it would have been good to be warned about how badly Baracoa was struck by hurricane Matthew to be psychologically prepared for the destroyed landscapes, nature. and infrastructure...Show detailed ratings
- CWCharlesWritten on May 29, 20163.5 - GoodWe took the 15 day,beginning May 5th 2016, "Best of Cuba" Tour, and had Yanet Cabrera Martin as our Tour Guide. We found him very helpful and with our group of 15 people, he coped quite well. Our group aged from early 20ties to one lady of 83 years of age. While he did struggle with the language a bit, he managed to fill in all the gaps of knowledge with respect to where to go, what to do and where to keep away from. We all found the local Cubans to be freindly, and extremely honest. While it was like stepping back some 50-60 years in respect to amenties, accommendation, and local transportation, it was extremely enjoyable. We did find that the suggested budget of 500 + cuc per person was far too low;, and if followed, people would miss out on many things, My wife and I spent more than double that, and still could have done more if time permitted. The accommendation in the houses was on the whole, quite clean and safe, however most places lacked water flow and hot showers. Only one Casa was fully equiped out of the 8 places we stayed in. There is no reticulated water in Cuba, only tanks on top of the houses to reticulate the water. Also while most of the houses had rooms upgraded to meet western standards somewhat, maintenance is not a thing they follow up on. Quite a few of the facilities either only worked in a fashion, and some not at all. only there for show. However, we did survive this and had an excellant tour .Show detailed ratings
- MMarcWritten on May 6, 20165.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip! Spent just the right amount of time in each of the places we visited. Excellent tour leader Natalia, easily one of the best tour leaders I've ever encountered - full of knowledge, funny, knew where all the best, secret food spots were in each city/town (which is important in Cuba, where the food can be pretty ordinary). I can highly recommend this trip with Intrepid to anyone interested in CubaShow detailed ratings
- KHKwanWritten on April 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent. The local guide Inti Napoles and the driver Lazarito were extremely good. They speak English well, are very knowledgeable, experienced, pleasant and they took good care of us. We couldn't have asked for anyone better. Our accommodations during the tour were very good and interesting. However our pre and post accommodations were disappointing. First, I felt they were a ripped off. We were charged USD69 a night for a CUC20-25 rotting stinking room in a rotting house in Central Havana when we arrived. the post accommodation was in slightly better condition but we were charged USD69 for a CUC35 room. I expect, of course, Intrepid to make a profit for arranging our accommodations but this is a bit too much, particularly when there were better accommodations in the neighborhood and, as far as our little research shows, just cost around CUC10 more per night. to make matters worse, when we arrived at our pre accommodation,the lady at the casa was not expecting us. it took us a nerve wrecking and frustrating hour to smooth matters out (she had her record wrong). but I expect an experienced tour operator should be able to clean up such logistic arrangement instead of leaving it to the guests. anyway, apart from the pre and post accommodations, everything was very good and we had a lot of fun during the tour. would recommend it to our friendsShow detailed ratings
- PaulaWritten on January 19, 20163.5 - GoodThe places visited were interesting and completed the overview of Cuba and its history. Overall, it was a good experience, mainly due to the good travel companions in the group and the excellent guide - Andi. There were some issues with accommodation (issues with hot water, bedding, cleanliness). We found out each person paid a different price for the tour, with a big difference between the cheapest and most expensive (more than €500 diff) meaning bad value for money for the most expensive.Show detailed ratings
- ShaunaWritten on September 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis was my first tour with Intrepid but I have previously only ever heard good things about the tours and guides from people who have used Intrepid. The tour totally lived up to my expectations. I had an amazing guide and amazing group. Our guide Tony was very knowledgeable and hands on. Went above and beyond what would be expected.. Tony was always a lot of fun and up for a night out. Excited about showingcand discussing Cuba with everyone, showing us his ration book, etc. He is very professional and wants to have fun. He kept everyone in the group engaged and happy. Even when we had sevaral nights in one place he would make sure he was available throughout the day to answer questions or help us choose and book optional activities. He throws a great picnic on the beach in Trinidad and Pig Roast on the river in Baracoa. 2 highlights of the trip. Transport was clean, spacious and reliable. We ran into other tour groups and Tony was providing them with informations and showing them his ration book - all things that their guide hadn't done. Also ran into several other Intrepid guides along the route. All were friendly and had a chat sharing their knowledge which was great. Cuba as a country - incredible. The colours, sounds, atmosphere, people, culture. You need to experience it for yourself. I can't wait to go back to Cuba.Show detailed ratings
- MelanieWritten on May 3, 20134.5 - ExcellentTony Mas is the best guide I have ever had in my years of travellilng. He was very informative and well organised, but the most important thing is that his personality and charisma shone through to create a really special trip. he felt like one of the group. He went above and beyond when one of the group became ill, and he dealt with all of our numerous questions and special request very calmly. he was the life of the party and still the responsible one. I will miss him!!!Our driver Soto was also fantastic - lots of fun. The itinerary of the trip was really good. Tony organised some great things for us to do - I had a great time and can't fault it.Show detailed ratings
- TrishWritten on December 3, 20124.0 - GoodOur guide, Roger (? sp.), was knowledgeable, had a lovely sense of humour, and was also generous. He went to a lot of trouble to make palatable, the changes to the itinerary made necessary because of the devastation wrought by Cyclone Sandy. As an introvert who usually travels alone, I found the small group of fellow travellers - all lovely people, and good fun - just right :-). I knew beforehand that there might be an issue finding vegetarian food, however got sick of eating "rabbit food" instead of something cooked and hot. Perhaps Intrepid could liaise with the owners of the casa particulares so that they can be prepared for vegetarian guests? The range of food available is far wider than one is led to believe.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 11, 2009This 15 day tour of the main cities in Cuba was one of my all time travel highlights. The tour was a wonderful combination of sightseeing, local culture and great fun. Cuban politics is very different to my experience in Australia and I found that the tour guide was very open to share information and his opinions on all all aspects of Cuban society. Staying in local casas (private homes) was a great feature of this tour and I really felt like I started to understand the Cuban experience from the local's perspective. Cuban's love music and dance and there are so many wonderful bars and music places to enjoy. They also provide a great chance to chat to the local people. For the beach lovers, the amazing beaches at Trinidad can't be missed. A bonfire on the beach watching the sunset and listening to live music will be one of the memories I'll keep for a long time. Our guide met the needs of a diverse group of people (aged from 30's to60's) effortlessly. He made sure we made the most of our time with organised activities during most days and optional outings to bars at night. I also met a number of the other Intrepid guides during my visit and they were all great people who loved to share their Cuba and enjoy life to the fullest. A perfect attitude to help you have a great holiday!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Havana
- Day 2: Havana
- Day 3: Cienfuegos
- Day 4: Trinidad
- Day 5: Trinidad
- Day 6: Trinidad
- Day 7: Camaguey
- Day 8: Camaguey
- Day 9: Santiago de Cuba
- Day 10: Santiago de Cuba
- Day 11: Baracoa
- Day 12: Baracoa
- Day 13: Baracoa
- Day 14: Havana
- Day 15: Havana
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
Do you you provide Visa assistance?
TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
- July 1, 2016
Any surcharge for solo traveler wanting single room instead of shared?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
- April 7, 2016
As a USA citizen can I travel to Cuba legally now?
US citizens can travel legally for one of 12 reasons or on a people to people designated tour. However this is the responsibility of the passenger to make the appropriate claim for a general license. TourRadar cannot confirm or deny entry to Cuba for US citizens including visa issuance/restrictions or airfare to Cuba.
As per the USA treasury website, US citizens can travel legally for one of 12 reasons (see below).
Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
Professional research and professional meetings
Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
Support for the Cuban people
Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials
Certain authorized export transactions
***If pax does not fall under one of the 12 regulations, The following tours are listed as people to people tours, eligible for American travelers:
Please be advised travelling to Cuba and booking a tour is at your own risk and responsibility. Please refer to the US Treasury website for the most up-to-date information regarding travel sanctions in Cuba: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_new.pdf
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Best of Cuba
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayFeb 25, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to Havana0 seats leftUSD $2,635
- SundayMar 4, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to HavanaOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,635
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to HavanaOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,635
- SundayMar 18, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Havana4 seats leftUSD $2,445
- SundayMar 25, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Havana6 seats leftUSD $2,330
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to HavanaOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,540
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Havana0 seats leftUSD $2,540
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Havana0 seats leftUSD $2,470
- SundayApr 22, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Havana0 seats leftUSD $2,515
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Havana15 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to HavanaOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,515Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Cuba. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Havana.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 April 2018 the full payment of $2,240 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2240 for Best of Cuba, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Havana (Cuba)
- 226 km
- Cienfuegos (Cuba)
- 62 km
- Trinidad (Cuba)
- 218 km
- Camaguey (Cuba)
- 264 km
- Santiago de Cuba (Cuba)
- 143 km
- Baracoa (Cuba)
- 870 km
- Havana (Cuba)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,240 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,102 tours in Latin America
- covered by 91 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 71 travellers have already met
before they left for Best of Cuba tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Cuba
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers