Buenos Aires to Rio
- Our saving
- US $ 1,229
- Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro
- Ultimate cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires
- Brazils famous Iguazu Waterfalls
- Rivers, springs and caves of Bonito
- Swimming, snorkelling and diving in Paraty
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Boat, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- HMHeatherWritten on May 20, 20182.5 - AverageThis is a rather basic tour Very long days travelling some rather poor accommodation camping beside a main highway twice In brochure its called bush camping !!!!!!!! I think the trip notes are too generic and not tailored for each trip. mosquito infested backpackers in Paraty noisy hotel in BA great hotel in Rio great local guide for the Pantanal camping meals rather poor quality and basic due to budget. not enough transparency re kitty spending We had to cook for the crew each night we were camping our driver and so called guide were not very informative nor engaging group only 6 so a bit too small. this is a great area but choose your travel provider carefully and where they go as some places are not worth it for the distance you travel.Show detailed ratings
- APAaronWritten on October 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was very enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- RutgerWritten on June 22, 20144.0 - GoodOverlanding in 19 days from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro was great fun! You really get to see the country (of course mostly from the road still) and have enough time to interact with your group members. You will spend a lot of time in the bus, so I would recommend this trip (or the larger version, from Lima to Rio) to anyone with enough time - more than just 3 weeks of holiday. If you only have a limited amount of time, you might feel that you are on the bus too long and / or do not want to set up your tent and break it down on 10 out of 19 days. This trip is great value for money though, it won't come much cheaper anywhere else! Buenos Aires and Rio are great (be sure to get a few extra days in both cities!), the Iguazu falls amazing, the crystal clear water in Bonito is beautiful, the Pantanal a feast for animal (especially bird) watchers and Paraty a lovely place just to hang out and chill a bit (and why not on a boat trip). Btw - this trip was actually done by Dragoman. Thanks to Bob and Tony for a great trip!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on November 22, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis was an excellent trip and our tour leader was absolutely Fantastic! Lots of information thruout the trip. Trip was well scheduled from one city to the other.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 9, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe places we travelled were amazing and the tour leader was lovely. There was a new highlight every few days and I enjoyed the experience immensely. Couldn\'t recommend it enough.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 17, 20105.0 - ExcellentIguassu Falls were magnificent, good company and the food was great.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 10, 20105.0 - ExcellentBuenos Aires to Rio was fun. Shopping in Buenos is great for leather. Iguazu Falls is spectacular-a true natural wonder. Rio was relaxing and easy to enjoy. A drink sitting alongside Copacabana at sunset a must to do.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 9, 20105.0 - ExcellentIguassu Falls were magnificent, good company and the food was great.
- AAnonymousWritten on June 26, 20104.0 - GoodOverall, I enjoyed the Intrepid trip. The tour guide (Juan) was hard working, personable and conscientous. The quality of hotels used for the tour was poor and should be reviewed.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 28, 20104.0 - GoodI was very happy with accommodation being good locations, clean and comfy beds, linen etc. A higher standard than I had expected.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Buenos Aires
- Day 2: Buenos Aires
- Day 3: Yapeyú
- Day 4: Foz do Iguaçu
- Day 5: Iguazu Falls / Foz do Iguaçu
- Day 6: Foz do Iguaçu / Iguazu Falls
- Day 7: Bonito
- Day 8: Bonito
- Day 9: Bonito
- Day 10: Southern Pantanal
- Day 11: Southern Pantanal
- Day 12: Southern Pantanal / Campo Grande
- Day 13: Brotas
- Day 14: Brotas
- Day 15: Paraty
- Day 16: Paraty
- Day 17: Paraty
- Day 18: Rio De Janeiro
- Day 19: Rio De Janeiro
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2016
What is a kitty?
The kitty is a cash contribution to a central fund and overseen by the travellers and the crew. It helps fund accommodation, meals and activities that need are only able to be paid for in local currencies. Contribution to the kitty is a compulsory part of this tour and is paid directly to your tour leader on arrival
- April 23, 2015
What is the local payment?
For Buenos Aires to Rio, intrepid requires a Kitty, which is a cash contribution from all travellers into a central fund which is overseen by fellow travellers and the crew. The fund allows the crew to pay for local accomodations, camp meals and activities for the entire group.
The local payment is not paid before the departure, but upon arrival at the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andy15th March 2018
Buenos Aires to Rio
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- September 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- May 2020
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Buenos Aires19 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $51USD $1,229+ $850 Kitty
- WednesdayAug 8, 2018from Buenos Aires19 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Rio de Janeiro0 seats leftSave $51USD $1,229+ $850 KittySold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Buenos Aires19 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $51USD $1,229+ $850 Kitty
- FridayNov 16, 2018from Buenos Aires19 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $51USD $1,229+ $850 Kitty
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Buenos Aires19 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $51USD $1,229+ $850 Kitty
- MondayFeb 11, 2019from Buenos Aires19 DaysFridayMar 1, 2019to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $55USD $1,310+ $850 Kitty
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Buenos Aires19 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $53USD $1,277+ $850 Kitty
- WednesdayJun 12, 2019from Buenos Aires19 DaysSundayJun 30, 2019to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $53USD $1,277+ $850 Kitty
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from Buenos Aires19 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,253+ $850 Kitty
- TuesdaySep 17, 2019from Buenos Aires19 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Rio de Janeiro10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,253+ $850 Kitty
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Argentina and Brazil. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Argentina and Brazil. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Argentina and Brazil. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina and Brazil. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Brazil. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Buenos Aires is the starting point and Rio de Janeiro is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $1,229 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1229 for Buenos Aires to Rio, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- 359 km
- Concordia (Argentina)
- 731 km
- Iguazu Falls (Argentina)
- 527 km
- Bonito (Brazil)
- 399 km
- Pantanal (Brazil)
- 1,103 km
- Brotas (Brazil)
- 365 km
- Paraty (Brazil)
- 159 km
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,229 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,220 tours in Latin America
- covered by 101 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Buenos Aires to Rio
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers