Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights)
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 204
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Courtney "I first found out about the Surfari trip from a stoke crew member in San Sebastian and it sounded amazing to us as we really wanted to explore the coastline of France and Spain but being from Australia we were a bit scared about hiring a car and driving it ourselves, we didn't have surfboards either. Surfari was the perfect solution. Adam And Nudge picked us up from our hostel in San Sebastian and..."
- +2 Destinations
- Southern France
Start and end in Zarautz! With the surfing tour Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights), you have a 4 day tour package taking you through Zarautz, Spain and 2 other destinations in Europe. Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights) is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- AAlexWritten on September 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentSurfari: I absolutely loved exploring different surf beaches every day. Wilson was an excellent guide who really enjoyed showing us around. We got proper ways so this was also suitable for advanced surfers. Meals on the surfari as well as in the house were delicious. Accommodation was a huge room called "Dormland" with a lot of beds - if you know what you are getting yourself into it's fine. For more comfort you can book one of the smaller rooms. Upon arrival we arrived 1 day too early by mistake and our hosts kindly picked us up in the middle of the night and offered us spontaneous pre-accommodation! The surf house is on a hill and everyone always does everything together so there's a good vibe and eventful night excursions too. I would recommend this tour to young laid back travellers.Show detailed ratings
- LHLukeWritten on July 31, 20183.0 - AverageWe booked the Safari tour at the San Sebastián surf school. Although the package it’s self was quite the good, the structure and organization was terrible. We were not told or given any indication of what we would be doing and when. Understandably this can change dependent on suet conditions, but it still would have been usefull to understand what our days would consist of. Others in the camp also complained about the lack of structure and actual ‘surf lessons’ a fellow travel lot advised that he was given one lesson on the first day, and other then that he was basically just dropped at the beach, this was his first time surfing and he had booked in for 10 days to try and learn the fundamentals. Multiple others complained about the constant cancellation of morning surfing lessons, due to the state of the surf instructions (generally being too hung over). One traveler arrived at 2pm one day and did not get offered any surfing lessons or activities until 3pm the next day... a whole day wasted. We understand that Stoke offer a more relaxed camp, which is what we were drawn to however the lack of organization was just ridiculous- with the itinarary for the next day sometime not going up till 11pm the night prior. The meals were often not big enough to feed the camp with many complaining about missing out, or going hungry. In saying all this some of the surf instructors were quite good and passionate and seemed to pick up the slack for the rest of the team. -it’s a shame that the management team are not able to run this to its full potential.Show detailed ratingsStoke Travel commented on this reviewHi, Sorry to hear about your bad experience, the reason why we started doing surf camps and consider it to be our marquee product is because surfing should be an utterly enjoyable pastime, the occasional face full of saltwater of sand notwithstanding. We've had some changes in staff over there, and while that doesn't justify your bad experience, perhaps it explains it. What we are sure of is that our surf camp staff are absolutely committed to putting you into the best situations on your surf trip, and while they might sometimes take the "laid back surfer" thing a little too seriously, they do keep the plans loose so to account for variable wave, wind and weather conditions, as not only do they change day-to-day, but hour to hour. Nevertheless, we have absolutely taken your criticism on board, and will make sure there is more organisation and communication with travellers in place, while still holding onto the waxhead vibes that make surfing, and Stoke Travel Surf House and the Surfari unique, a blast, and the best way to not only learn to surf, but to make friends, and spend a few days or a week in summer bumming around the coast. You should shoot us through an email and we'll do something to make up for your negative experience and convince you to love us again. Hope the rest of your travels are going well! Stoke Travel
- SSiaWritten on February 13, 20184.0 - GoodI went on this trip with Stoke Travel last August and it was amazing! The staff so nice and very helpful. I had a really good time there and I am definetely looking into going this year as well! Keep up the good work you guys!Show detailed ratings
- CKCourtneyWritten on May 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentI first found out about the Surfari trip from a stoke crew member in San Sebastian and it sounded amazing to us as we really wanted to explore the coastline of France and Spain but being from Australia we were a bit scared about hiring a car and driving it ourselves, we didn't have surfboards either. Surfari was the perfect solution. Adam And Nudge picked us up from our hostel in San Sebastian and we spent 3 amazing days traveling and surfing the coastline. On the trip i found what is still my favourite beach in the whole world. Play Ajo, a hidden little Cantabrian beach that i would have never found on my own. It was a highlight of our trip to Europe and i would definitely recommend to anyone looking to experience something a little different to the usual tourist track and make some life long friends along the way.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Guide Itinerary
- DAY 1: Zarautz (Basque country, Spain)
- DAY 2: Biarritz (France)
- DAY 3: Hossegor (France)
- DAY 4: Zarautz (Basque Country, Spain)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Van Surfari/San Sebastian
- Surfari Interview
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- The Stoke Travel Passport
- Surfing San Sebastian
- The Stoke Travel Passport explained
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSpain and France
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Zarautz.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stoke Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $204 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $204 for Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stoke Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stoke Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 150 km.
- Zarautz (Spain)
- 54 km
- Biarritz (France)
- 22 km
- Hossegor (France)
- 73 km
- Zarautz (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $204 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Van Surfari Spain and France (3 nights)