The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,059
Unlock $51 in extra savings
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Antonia "Such an amazing experience. So many amazing friends made and so many amazing opportunities were given. Really encouraged to travel with no regrets. So many great experiences and was able to tick things off the bucket list. Trys was such a great help and so friendly. Felt good to have a guide that you could actually form a relationship with. This trip led me to book with contiki again with future t..."
- Surfers Paradise
- +3 Destinations
- East Australia
Start in Surfers Paradise and end in Cairns! With the discovery tour The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise), you have a 10 day tour package taking you from Surfers Paradise to Cairns and through Surfers Paradise, Australia and 4 other destinations in Australia. The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise) includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Berth / Cabin, Lodge, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship
- Rather Poor
- GGarvanWritten on February 6, 20184.0 - GoodThe places and sites we visited, along with the activities were all very good. The bus driver and the tour director were cool guys, but I think that the company really needs to work on making the group cohesive. The atmosphere and air at the end of the trip was fractionally better than it was at the start of the trip. I wouldn't do a Contiki trip again. It seemed like the tour director had been instructed to minimise interaction with the group. They really need more, especially for such a young group. I have nothing against the tour director, who was professional and thorough, but the company and its policies need revision.Show detailed ratings
- IRIrisWritten on January 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentWhat a trip! It's hard to describe in just a few words how incredible this experience was. It was my very first Contiki trip, but definitely not my last. From de places we visited, the tour manager (ChloeShow detailed ratings
- LRLyndseyWritten on April 15, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had previously traveled alone in Australia and found it to be more difficult than I had originally thought. A fellow traveler suggested Contiki and 3 months later, I joined the group in Cairns to begin my short but sweet tour. If I had known about Contiki before my solo travels, I wouldn't have wasted so much money in hostels and the Greyhound. From the moment I met Trys Eddy on the first morning of my tour, he was welcoming, organised, professional and put me right at ease. Trys was on the ball from the moment I joined which quickly settled my nerves on the first day with an already formed group of travelers. The accommodation surprised me at every location, at times it was luxurious, other times unbelievable locations (Daydream Island and Farmstay) and others were just priceless, knowing that I would never have stayed in places like this had I continued my travels alone (Fraser Island). Although Trys gave us all the information we needed for each location and accommodation, he played it down enough so that each new location blew me away. The itinerary for my 10 day tour was more jam-packed than I realised which made it even more exciting. The activity options were endless and exciting which gave us the freedom to choose what we wanted to do and see. There was just enough free time to do additional activities such as Whale Watching (BIG bucket list ticked off) and still enjoy the comfort of the tour itinerary. Trys is extremely passionate about Australia and it's history, it was fantastic to listen to his stories and learn so much more than what I had previously learnt on my travels. His enthusiasm about the Northern Territory actually made me wish I had more time to take one of this tours there. At the time, there was a Contiki Instagram #noregrets competition which Trys encouraged us to enter. As an Instagram lover, it wasn't really about the competition for me, it was more about sharing our experiences with our fellow travellers. As Trys is an extremely good photographer, it was always fun when we got the camera out to take group photos. To this day, I still enjoy seeing his new tour photos on Facebook as these pictures mean something different to every group and it's captures a time that I'll never forget. The comfort of the bus and the meal options included were huge bonus' for me, it took a lot of stress out of travelling and I couldn't fault any of it. Trys made the whole trip seemless and enjoyable from the minute I hopped on the bus to the minute I left. It still amazes me how in only 10 days you can make friends for life and it wouldn't have been possible without the energy and enthusiasm from our tour guide and bus driver as they helped keep the momentum of 50+ passengers each and every early morning and late night. I can't thank them enough.Show detailed ratings
- JAJeffreyWritten on April 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour guide was Tryss Eddy. The trip was incredible, it was very well organized by our guide who also went out of his way to provide lots of historical and cultural context about the sites and locations we travelled to. The sites and activities were well planned out and were lots of fun, which contributed to creating great memories. Thanks Tryss! A job well done!Show detailed ratings
- JJamieWritten on April 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy trip was spectacular! Super relaxing but also exciting. I met amazing people and had an incredible contiki crew.Show detailed ratings
- ATAntoniaWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentSuch an amazing experience. So many amazing friends made and so many amazing opportunities were given. Really encouraged to travel with no regrets. So many great experiences and was able to tick things off the bucket list. Trys was such a great help and so friendly. Felt good to have a guide that you could actually form a relationship with. This trip led me to book with contiki again with future travelsShow detailed ratings
- HHHarrietWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentHad an incredible time, it was my first few weeks in Australia and I loved it. Had Trys Eddy as my tour guide, he was great, very informative, helpful, fun and took great photos of our trip!Show detailed ratings
- CMChristieWritten on April 1, 20164.0 - GoodThe trip was better than I was expecting! My guide made everything so easy and so much fun. Very knowledgable and contagious positive energyShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Surfers Paradise
- Day 2: Surfers Paradise
- Day 3: Surfers Paradise to Noosa
- Day 4: Noosa
- Day 5: Noosa to Farmstay
- Day 6 - 8: Farmstay to Whitsundays Sailing
- Day 8: The Whitsundays to Cairns
- Day 9: Cairns
- Day 10: Cairns
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Australia Final
- Contiki Discoverer
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki22nd December 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Cairns8 seats left$53USD $2,105
- ThursdayJul 5, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Cairns7 seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Cairns9 seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Cairns8 seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Cairns9 seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Cairns8 seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$51USD $2,059
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$54USD $2,149
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$54USD $2,149
- ThursdayJan 10, 2019from Surfers Paradise10 DaysSaturdayJan 19, 2019to Cairns9 seats left$54USD $2,149
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Surfers Paradise is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 June 2018 the full payment of $2,059 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2059 for The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,501 km.
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 182 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 112 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 707 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 500 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,059 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 828 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Sun Seeker With Sailing (Start Surfers Paradise)