The Big Tiki (Auckland to Queenstown - until Sept
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Parry Kauri Park and the ancient Kauri trees
- Check out Waitomo and Waitomo Caves
- Explore the history of the Maori people in Ohinemutu Village
- Cruise through the Marlborough Sounds
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
Start in Auckland and end in Queenstown! With the discovery tour The Big Tiki (Auckland to Queenstown - until Sept, you have a 17 day tour package taking you from Auckland to Queenstown and through Auckland, New Zealand and 9 other destinations in New Zealand. The Big Tiki (Auckland to Queenstown - until Sept includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- LDLauraWritten on March 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentContiki in New Zealand was amazing! I loved every minute of it. Everything was organised perfectly and ran smoothly. Susie our tour manager was fantastic, she knew her stuff and went above and beyond her job requirements. She was enthusiastic and helpful at all times. I had an amazing 2 weeks in New Zealand and would recommend it to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- TMTessWritten on March 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy trip with Susie was so fabulous, she was so knowledgeable about her hole country and I couldn't have asked for anyone better! But there wouldn't be anyone better to be honest.Show detailed ratings
- EelizabethWritten on December 22, 2014Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- MeganWritten on November 15, 20145.0 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing, visited great places and the optional and included activities were all epic. The ultimate highlight was having Isobel as a guide, we is informative and hilarious, super organised and friendly, I could not have wished for more!Show detailed ratings
- SScottWritten on September 6, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis tour was absolutely incredible. Isobel is by far one of the best tour guides in the world and deserves guide of the year award. She loves what she does, is knowledgeable, well traveled, and knows how to make each day on the tour better than the last. If I was ever to travel like this again, I would only choose Isobel and Contiki!!!Show detailed ratings
- SStephWritten on July 6, 2014Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- TWtoniWritten on June 15, 20145.0 - ExcellentI couldn't have asked for a better tour! It was fun, exciting, well organised and full of great people.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Waitomo
- Day 5: Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Lake Taupo
- Day 8: Lake Taupo to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Christchurch
- Day 11: Christchurch to Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 12: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 13: Franz Josef Glacier to Queenstown
- Day 14: Queenstown
- Day 14 - 16: Queenstown
- Day 17: Finish Queenstown
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Auckland is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 January 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for The Big Tiki (Auckland to Queenstown - until Sept, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,747 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 160 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 212 km
- Hanmer Springs (New Zealand)
- 112 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 865 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,245 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Big Tiki (Auckland to Queenstown - until Sept