The Big Tiki (Auckland to Christchurch - until Sept
Save up to 70% - Get early access
starts in 13:21:53
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Stunning harbour, volcanoes of Auckland
- Cruise the remote islands of Paihia
- Visit Rotorua and Agrodome farm show
- Enjoy the nature of Fiordland National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
Start in Auckland and end in Christchurch! With the discovery tour The Big Tiki (Auckland to Christchurch - until Sept, you have a 19 day tour package taking you from Auckland to Christchurch and through Auckland, New Zealand and 11 other destinations in New Zealand. The Big Tiki (Auckland to Christchurch - until Sept includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- TTimWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI did the Big Tiki in March 2017 and could not imagine a better tour experience. This was my first contiki and first tour in general. We covered basically all of New Zealand in 20 days which is kind of amazing. New Zealand is a breathtaking place and Contiki had it set up well to see everything and book additional tours and experiences that fit your desires. Our tour guide (Susie) and driver (Patty) were fantastic and consistently went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend travelling New Zealand with Contiki. If you can afford the extra time and money, do the Big Tiki as there wasn't a stop we made I wish we didn't!Show detailed ratings
- IImogenWritten on March 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentHad the best trip of my life. Susie was amazing but she knows his already ahaha xxShow detailed ratings
- RDRebeccaWritten on January 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was fantastic and our guide Susie and driver Patty were terrific! Couldn't have asked for better!Show detailed ratings
- MelanieWritten on January 1, 20154.5 - ExcellentIsobel had fantastic knowledge of the country. She went above and beyond with organising activities people wanted to do. She gave great recommendations and was a friendly and approachable person.Show detailed ratings
- CCindyWritten on December 28, 20145.0 - ExcellentIsobel is the greatest tour guide ever!Show detailed ratings
- JjemmaWritten on December 27, 20145.0 - ExcellentGreat guide had lots if fun. I love new zealand !Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on December 27, 20145.0 - ExcellentA great holiday with a wonderful guide :)Show detailed ratings
- SebastianWritten on December 23, 20145.0 - ExcellentIso was half the reason the reason I got hooked on Contikis. The amazing people I met and the beautiful country that is New Zealand was the other half. Really awesome guide, great tour, and great company.Show detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on December 23, 20144.5 - ExcellentThe trip was an amazing experience with a guide who filled the holiday with laughs and great memoriesShow detailed ratings
- NNathanWritten on December 13, 20145.0 - ExcellentIzzy was just totally awesome! She made the trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Waitomo
- Day 5: Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Lake Taupo
- Day 8: Lake Taupo to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Christchurch
- Day 11: Christchurch to Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 12: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 13: Franz Josef Glacier to Queenstown
- Day 14: Queenstown
- Day 14 - 16: Queenstown
- Day 17: Queenstown to Dunedin
- Day 18: Dunedin to Lake Ohau
- Day 19: Lake Ohau to Christchurch
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
What is the age demographic of this tour?
Contiki runs awesome tours for travellers 18-35 and are designed for young, active travellers on a budget.
- May 1, 2016
Does this trip visit the North and South island?
This trip does visit both the North and South Island.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 January 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for The Big Tiki (Auckland to Christchurch - until Sept, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,345 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 160 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 212 km
- Hanmer Springs (New Zealand)
- 112 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 867 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,247 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 33 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Big Tiki (Auckland to Christchurch - until Sept