Outback Adventure (Start Darwin, 11 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,534
- +6 Destinations
- Australia Northern Territory
- Alice Springs
- Rather Poor
- DDaveWritten on April 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Crocodiles in Kakadu, Champagne at Uluru at Sunset, Sleeping under the stars, staying in resorts, swimming at Florence Falls, learning about the history & culture, and making fiends for life. These are some of the things from this Contiki Tour. Go and do it!
- RSRebeccaWritten on April 3, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had an amazing and unforgetable trip. Trys was our tour manager and I can honestly say he made it the experience. He was so knowledgeable and passionate and got everyone involved so they wouldn't miss out. Trys well done mate and thank you for being part... Read more
- EEmmaWritten on April 2, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Got to see and learn Australian culture, and experience aussie food, lots of fun adventure! Made life time friends on this trip. It was one of the best things that I've done in my life!!!! #noregrets
- KevinWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trys was an amazing tour guide to say the very least. His wonderful personality made everyone feel right at at home. He was always available for help or advice. My trip would not have been as great as it was without Trys leading our group.
- ALAdamWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trys and Ben made that trip for us. I'm an Aussie and I learnt more on that Contiki about Australia, then I did at school. We had long drives every day but I never felt stuck on the bus cause of the games and activities Trys got us all to play/ take part... Read more
- BBarrelWritten on April 1, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I had an amazing time on this trip mainly because of the knowledge, support and kindness of the tour guide, Trys, who really made a beautiful part of Australia even better with his want to please all the tourists. Obviously the incredible views and all the... Read more
- PPeta-MareeWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Best thing I have EVER done. The tour guides were awesome and really made the trip!
- EEmmaWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Brilliant, Trys was great from the beginning. Knew a lot about the areas and went it of his was to do extra parts off the itintery.
- CChloeWritten on April 1, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Trys Eddy made my whole travelling experience a wonderful adventure! He was upbeat, hilarious, thoughtful and very knowledgeable throughout the tour. Ive done alot of travelling and participated in a few tours over the last 5 years. I look back very fondly... Read more
- APAnnaliseWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The experience was fantastic, everything was super well organised and never seemed to catch a hitch. We went to amazing stops and each one of them I would go back to! I was guided by Try Eddie who was full of knowledge every stop and along the way. He was... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Darwin
- Day 2: Darwin to Kakadu National Park via Litchfield National Park
- Day 3: Kakadu National Park
- Day 4: Kakadu National Park to Katherine
- Day 5: Katherine to Tennant Creek via Mataranka and Daly Waters
- Day 6: Tennant Creek to Alice Springs via Wycliffe Well and Devils Marbles
- Day 7: Alice Springs to Kings Creek Station
- Day 8: Kings Creek Station to Uluru
- Day 9: Uluru
- Day 10: Uluru to Alice Springs
- Day 11: Alice Springs
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia with Contiki
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
- 48 Hours on Contiki TM Vlog: Outback Adventure
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I am over 35, what is the age range for this tour?
Contiki runs tours exclusively for travellers between ages 18-35. They are designed and marketed towards budget-minded young travellers wanting to meet other people their age from all over the world. These tend to be very popular with students and backpackers. If you are looking for a tour better suited to your age range and travel style, please contact our Customer Support team.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Outback Adventure (Start Darwin, 11 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Darwin11 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to Alice SpringsOnly 1 seat left$347$1,805-15%USD $1,534
- WednesdayFeb 13, 2019from Darwin11 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Alice Springs9 seats left$347$1,805-15%USD $1,534Instant BookHold my
- WednesdayMar 13, 2019from Darwin11 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Alice Springs9 seats left$90USD $1,805Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Darwin is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 January 2019 the full payment of $1,534 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1534 for Outback Adventure (Start Darwin, 11 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Darwin (Australia)
- 183 km
- Kakadu National Park (Australia)
- 144 km
- Katherine (Australia)
- 612 km
- Tennant Creek (Australia)
- 452 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
- 223 km
- Kings Creek Station (Australia)
- 135 km
- Uluru (Australia)
- 346 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,534 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,049 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 73 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Outback Adventure (Start Darwin, 11 Days)