Northern Choice (Auckland To Christchurch Summer
- Our saving
- US $ 1,415
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Enjoy a tasty BBQ in Paihia
- Check out the Ponsonby Social Club in Auckland
- Enjoy a traditional dining expereince in Rotorua
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JonathanWritten on April 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentFreakin loved this trip! absolutely amazing. I actually never heard of Contiki before. Didn't realize it was actually an age restriction from 18-35 year olds. So that was a nice surprise as that just kept things more active with a younger group like that. I only got a few years left in me to stay in this range... :( But sky diving for the first time, and rafting down the worlds tallest commercial waterfall of 22 feet was amazing! Chels did an amazing job on everything. super positive, lots of energy and has a kind heart.Show detailed ratings
- BriannaWritten on November 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentSuch an amazing experience. I met so many new friends and had so many fun adventures. Saul and Weeman were awesome and great at keeping everyone happy. Definitely budget for the MeTime experiences. There is not a lot to do when you don’t do them but sometimes there’s hikes in the area. Rafting and skydiving were my favourites!Show detailed ratings
- EEllenWritten on March 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have had the best experience and would definitely reccomend it to anyone. Susie was dedicated and worked hard. She gave as much detail as possible and always worked her hardest to accomodate for everyone. She was one of the reasons i decided to stay on my contiki trip longer and was able to give me the advice i needed while in new zealand. Contiki overall provided a great experience and covered all the places that i wanted to go and was able to provide a competitive price.Show detailed ratings
- VSVanessaWritten on March 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentSusie is amazing! So helpful and sweet! She'll make sure you have the trip of a lifetime!! She knows all the great places to go and definitely goes out if her way to make you have a great time!!! She makes everyone feel welcome and loved! Love you Susie!Show detailed ratings
- PPolinaWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentSusie was an amazing guide, she gave us a very good explanation of every activity and made sure we could do all the ones we wanted !Show detailed ratings
- RWRachaelWritten on March 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentSuzy and Pat were amazing, very informative, helpful and fun!! Buses and hotels were great and meet a lot of lovely people on the tripShow detailed ratings
- SShakiraWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went over to New Zealand by myself and Susie made me feel so welcome and showed me a great time with so much adventure and thrill seeking!Show detailed ratings
- KKeriWritten on March 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy recent New Zealand trip was better than i expected! Susie was an amazing tour guide. She had great local knowledge, made everyone feel welcome and she was so much fun! The weather was beautiful, the people were really nice, the tour guide was fantastic, the food was great and the scenery was amazing.Show detailed ratings
- IIlhamWritten on January 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience, that exceeded my expectations. It is a life changing, as this was my first long group tour experience that I will definitely do again. Susie is an amazing trio manager who run the extra mile to make sure that we have the best possible experience. The transportation was great as well, we were lucky to have Pat as driver !! Overall, I couldn't start 2017 in a better way !!Show detailed ratings
- JVJennifaWritten on January 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentSusie was absolutely amazing. She took all the planning out of the trip which just made it so much easy. She also has a fun loving attitude which made the trip even more enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Rotorua
- Day 5: Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua to Lake Taupo via Huka Falls
- Day 7: Lake Taupo to Mount Ruapehu
- Day 8: Mount Ruapehu to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Christchurch via Picton and Kaikoura
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- New Zealand with Contiki
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the tour start/end?
The tour starts in Auckland at 9.00am and ends in Christchurch at 7.00pm on the last day.
How many meals are included in this trip?
You will have 12 meals included on this trip.
All of your breakfasts and three dinners are included.
What type of accommodation is used on this trip?
Please note that on this trip your accommodation is included and you will be spending 9 nights in hotels and lodges.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Northern Choice (Auckland To Christchurch Summer
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Auckland10 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to ChristchurchNot available in your region
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Auckland10 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Christchurch9 seats left$285$1,665-15%USD $1,415
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from Auckland10 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Christchurch9 seats left$285$1,665-15%USD $1,415
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$285$1,665-15%USD $1,415
- MondayNov 12, 2018from Auckland10 DaysWednesdayNov 21, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$285$1,665-15%USD $1,415
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Auckland10 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Christchurch9 seats left$292$1,705-15%USD $1,449
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Auckland10 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Christchurch7 seats left$292$1,705-15%USD $1,449
- ThursdayDec 6, 2018from Auckland10 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Christchurch9 seats left$292$1,705-15%USD $1,449
- FridayDec 14, 2018from Auckland10 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$292$1,705-15%USD $1,449
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Auckland10 DaysThursdayDec 27, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$292$1,705-15%USD $1,449
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 November 2018 the full payment of $1,415 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1415 for Northern Choice (Auckland To Christchurch Summer, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 160 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,415 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 958 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 67 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 30 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Choice (Auckland To Christchurch Summer